Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


Recommended Posts

Just hoping for a Mafia Remake 60fps boost. 

 

Been in my shelf for ages and I'm itching to play it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of the boosted games, Far Cry 4 is around £8 in the sale at the moment. I'm quite tempted, it's a good game for the most part. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Timmo said:

On the subject of the boosted games, Far Cry 4 is around £8 in the sale at the moment. I'm quite tempted, it's a good game for the most part. 

As is Watchdogs 2 in the general Ubi sale they are running at the mo. I need to go back and finish it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of series x/s controllers, my black controller creaks like any old business, but my white controller feels like it is made from a single piece of marble. It's weird.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/02/2021 at 11:25, Mr. Gerbik said:

Man, that's one of the biggest upgrades I've ever seen in games. I went from a 1080p LCD to hooking up the Series X to a LG CX OLED and at that moment I knew what the dude in 2001 felt when he said "My god it's full of stars"

 

Please look forward to it and have fun :)

 

 

Yeah, I'll say it every chance I can get - an LG OLED for your current Xbox One is a bigger and better upgrade than a Series X for a 1080p/LCD screen. Even more so whilst we have no true exclusives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stanley said:

I’m going to buy another controller myself, the question is, white or red? 

 

I'm waiting for the Design Lab to come back so I can create my own garish monstrosity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darren said:

 

I'm waiting for the Design Lab to come back so I can create my own garish monstrosity.

Oh God yeah, orange and grey is a nice combination. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

 

Yeah, I'll say it every chance I can get - an LG OLED for your current Xbox One is a bigger and better upgrade than a Series X for a 1080p/LCD screen. Even more so whilst we have no true exclusives.

Well it won’t be long now before they announce this years models :eyebrows:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

 

Yeah, I'll say it every chance I can get - an LG OLED for your current Xbox One is a bigger and better upgrade than a Series X for a 1080p/LCD screen. Even more so whilst we have no true exclusives.

I dunno. The speed games load now is amazing and I really couldn’t go back. I’ve had an OLED for a few years though, so maybe I’m not the best person to ask.

 

A Series X and an OLED is the obvious way forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

 

Yeah, I'll say it every chance I can get - an LG OLED for your current Xbox One is a bigger and better upgrade than a Series X for a 1080p/LCD screen. Even more so whilst we have no true exclusives.

I got an Series X and PS5 around the same time as that LG 55CX OLED. A perfect storm to kick off this generation, I couldn't be happier with the new tech :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’m going to buy another controller myself, the question is, white or red? 

 

Black!

 

Don't get white, it'll look all grubby and yellowed before very long. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Talking of series x/s controllers, my black controller creaks like any old business, but my white controller feels like it is made from a single piece of marble. It's weird.

 

I've noticed a difference in build quality between the black controller that came with the Series X and the shock blue controller I bought separately. All the buttons feel firmer on the blue controller, including the guide button, shoulder buttons and menu buttons. On the black controller they all feel looser and more clicky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I can’t bloody wait for my Series X to come, a week and a bit left to go :omg:

 

Mine has actually just shipped today! I hope that the case with you're one too! 

 

Pumped to be getting a series X and Gamepass, as I was far less of an Xbox gamer in the prior generation, but things are looking far, far better this time around! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’m going to buy another controller myself, the question is, white or red? 

Which color are your kids likely to fight over? I got the second one as black to avoid this disaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’m going to buy another controller myself, the question is, white or red? 

White because I hate the ABXY buttons that aren't colored on the non-standard controllers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

 

Mine has actually just shipped today! I hope that the case with you're one too! 

 

Pumped to be getting a series X and Gamepass, as I was far less of an Xbox gamer in the prior generation, but things are looking far, far better this time around! 

OMG I’ve just checked and mine has been shipped also - glad I didn’t pay £20 or whatever for that priority shipping now :lol:

 

oh and ...

 

:omg:

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Which color are your kids likely to fight over? I got the second one as black to avoid this disaster.

Actually yeah I’ll let her choose, no pink ones are there :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have to say revisiting Gears 5 on the Series X on my lovely new OLED. 

 

Holy shit I'm impressed. It looks stunning and runs smooth as all hell. 

 

It's breaking up the Yakuza final dungeon grind nicely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Actually yeah I’ll let her choose, no pink ones are there :unsure:

My daughter chose a Purple and pink monstrosity through Design Labs.

 

My fave pad is the grey/aqua marine one followed by the blue Forza 6. I must own 8 pads now, need to buy more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stanley said:

OMG I’ve just checked and mine has been shipped also - glad I didn’t pay £20 or whatever for that priority shipping now :lol:

 

oh and ...

 

:omg:

 

5 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

 

Mine has actually just shipped today! I hope that the case with you're one too! 

 

Pumped to be getting a series X and Gamepass, as I was far less of an Xbox gamer in the prior generation, but things are looking far, far better this time around! 


Oh Lordy; mine has shipped too, although the notification came at 20.40! 

glad I didn’t even manage to see the option for priority shipping! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.