Xbox Series X | S

Just hoping for a Mafia Remake 60fps boost. 

Been in my shelf for ages and I'm itching to play it. 

On the subject of the boosted games, Far Cry 4 is around £8 in the sale at the moment. I'm quite tempted, it's a good game for the most part. 

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

On the subject of the boosted games, Far Cry 4 is around £8 in the sale at the moment. I'm quite tempted, it's a good game for the most part. 

As is Watchdogs 2 in the general Ubi sale they are running at the mo. I need to go back and finish it.

Talking of series x/s controllers, my black controller creaks like any old business, but my white controller feels like it is made from a single piece of marble. It's weird.

On 27/02/2021 at 11:25, Mr. Gerbik said:

Man, that's one of the biggest upgrades I've ever seen in games. I went from a 1080p LCD to hooking up the Series X to a LG CX OLED and at that moment I knew what the dude in 2001 felt when he said "My god it's full of stars"

Please look forward to it and have fun :)

Yeah, I'll say it every chance I can get - an LG OLED for your current Xbox One is a bigger and better upgrade than a Series X for a 1080p/LCD screen. Even more so whilst we have no true exclusives.

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

I’m going to buy another controller myself, the question is, white or red? 

I'm waiting for the Design Lab to come back so I can create my own garish monstrosity.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

I'm waiting for the Design Lab to come back so I can create my own garish monstrosity.

Oh God yeah, orange and grey is a nice combination. 

3 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Yeah, I'll say it every chance I can get - an LG OLED for your current Xbox One is a bigger and better upgrade than a Series X for a 1080p/LCD screen. Even more so whilst we have no true exclusives.

Well it won’t be long now before they announce this years models :eyebrows:

12 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I dunno. The speed games load now is amazing and I really couldn’t go back. I’ve had an OLED for a few years though, so maybe I’m not the best person to ask.

A Series X and an OLED is the obvious way forward.

15 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I got an Series X and PS5 around the same time as that LG 55CX OLED. A perfect storm to kick off this generation, I couldn't be happier with the new tech :)

19 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Black!

Don't get white, it'll look all grubby and yellowed before very long. 

35 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Talking of series x/s controllers, my black controller creaks like any old business, but my white controller feels like it is made from a single piece of marble. It's weird.

I've noticed a difference in build quality between the black controller that came with the Series X and the shock blue controller I bought separately. All the buttons feel firmer on the blue controller, including the guide button, shoulder buttons and menu buttons. On the black controller they all feel looser and more clicky.

48 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I can’t bloody wait for my Series X to come, a week and a bit left to go :omg:

Mine has actually just shipped today! I hope that the case with you're one too! 

Pumped to be getting a series X and Gamepass, as I was far less of an Xbox gamer in the prior generation, but things are looking far, far better this time around! 

52 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Which color are your kids likely to fight over? I got the second one as black to avoid this disaster.

57 minutes ago, Stanley said:

White because I hate the ABXY buttons that aren't colored on the non-standard controllers. 

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Pumped to be getting a series X and Gamepass, as I was far less of an Xbox gamer in the prior generation, but things are looking far, far better this time around! 

OMG I’ve just checked and mine has been shipped also - glad I didn’t pay £20 or whatever for that priority shipping now :lol:

oh and ...

:omg:

47 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Which color are your kids likely to fight over? I got the second one as black to avoid this disaster.

Actually yeah I’ll let her choose, no pink ones are there :unsure:

Well I have to say revisiting Gears 5 on the Series X on my lovely new OLED. 

Holy shit I'm impressed. It looks stunning and runs smooth as all hell. 

It's breaking up the Yakuza final dungeon grind nicely. 

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Actually yeah I’ll let her choose, no pink ones are there :unsure:

My daughter chose a Purple and pink monstrosity through Design Labs.

My fave pad is the grey/aqua marine one followed by the blue Forza 6. I must own 8 pads now, need to buy more.

4 hours ago, Stanley said:

OMG I’ve just checked and mine has been shipped also - glad I didn’t pay £20 or whatever for that priority shipping now :lol:

oh and ...

:omg:

5 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Oh Lordy; mine has shipped too, although the notification came at 20.40! 

glad I didn’t even manage to see the option for priority shipping!