Xbox Series X | S

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

Has anyone managed to sign-up to All Access since the Series X was released?

Yeah, a guy in work got one just before Christmas from Game. 

That's J Allard with a (very unconvincing) fake beard on. He could easily have come up with a better fake name than "J Ronald", jesus fucking christ.

For anyone queueing for any consoles, or anything for that matter, when an online retailer says they’re dropping at x-O’clock they almost always go live about five to 10 minutes early. So get in and start refreshing with time to spare.

7 minutes ago, Marlew said:

I had one in the basket for All Access but not interested in all the other shite. I just want the console. No big rush anyway. I'll get one in a few months. 

Doesn't all access give you Game Pass Ultimate for a few years? 

Don't know why you wouldn't want that. :)

7 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

I'm in the queue for a Series X with Game.

I. Have. No. Idea. Why.

I need an intervention.

Much like the PS5 you are buying it now for it to pay off in the future with big exclusive games. 

Also gamepass is just the best thing in gaming right now and those big exclusives from a million first party studios MS bought will be on gamepass day one. 

10 minutes ago, Ry said:

Much like the PS5 you are buying it now for it to pay off in the future with big exclusive games. 

Also gamepass is just the best thing in gaming right now and those big exclusives from a million first party studios MS bought will be on gamepass day one. 

It seems that it doesn't matter anyway. Got to the front of the queue, added to basket only to get an error message that there was no stock. Clown shoes!!

11 minutes ago, Ry said:

Doesn't all access give you Game Pass Ultimate for a few years? 

Don't know why you wouldn't want that. :)

I already have a GPU subscription until December of this year or something and I don't miss a single thing about it. It has literally no value to me. If I want to play a game, I'll buy it. 

6 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

It seems that it doesn't matter anyway. Got to the front of the queue, added to basket only to get an error message that there was no stock. Clown shoes!!

Same for me with the console on its own for £450. But I tried one of the bundles and got one with an extra controller and a shitty gameware starter kit for £520.

Well chuffed, can cancel my accessories warehouse order now!

27 minutes ago, Ry said:

One thing I've learnt with Sony is just buy a console when the game you want gets released or has a firm release date. Remember getting a PS4 near release date for DriveClub. No I won't forget that... :D I notice GT7 has just been pushed back until 2022 now. Probably something to do with the next iteration of PSVR.

MS are a bit better with respect to release dates. However Crackdown 3 was way late and Halo Infinite pushed back.

Suppose as with anything just wait until there is something you want to play exclusive to the new console. Or just pick one up and expect things to be a bit quiet for a while and enjoy playing things on a better piece of hardware.

As for GamePass Ultimate. Guess depends on what MS manage to get onto the service. Paid £80 for a couple of years which is reasonable - probably the price of a couple of AAA games or thereabouts. Think on par so far had easily £40 of value out of it so far this year. I've finished more games on that than previously love the variety on there.

When it comes to the end of my 2 years though I'll just review where I'm at and how much it costs etc. See what games are on there and how its gone over the two years. I expect at some point I'll drift back to using my PC and Steam again. But happy with the Series X and GPU at the moment. Always something to play.

12 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

This was what I was meaning, you have to hit "learn more" on All Access, which will give you access to that option! 

I almost gave up until I figured that out. I was hitting add to basket. 

Looks like they are still there if you do what Kevvy said. 

Was very tempted, but got an S and live abroad at the moment, so not the time for a needless bulky upgrade. Maybe around Christmas.