Xbox Series X | S

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

Division 2 has just received a next gen patch and is meant to run great now.

Couple of days left in the sale at £7.49.

I also picked up the GOTY Witcher for £6.99 as that is supposed to be coming soon as well.

Also more strong rumours of a platform wide BC patch coming soon:

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-backward-compatibility-announcement/

Any idea if it’s cross play/save like Destiny?

43 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Unfortunately not.

Ahh that sucks but it’s probably worth another play through for less than £8 and at 60fps.... add it to the list of games Ive bought with similar intentions!

2 hours ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

This is an interesting read but in the end I cannot get over how I think it sidesteps the core issue of the Series X (and the PS5)... they don’t fit in many media cabinets.  

With Nintendo taking a playful and family-friendly route, and Sony applying a hyper-angular futuristic appliqué to their Playstation 5, these Xbox consoles stand out with minimalist and modern silhouettes – basic geometry permitting a great range of placement that neither competitors’ solutions inspire.

We designed both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S to have their own distinct personalities and character, but also to disappear into the background when they’re not being used. We consciously walk the line between expressive and subdued.

I mean fine. But I’m the old days (October last year) I could put it in the normal spaces and it faded away. I like the Series X design but that’s only given I accept that it has high cooling requirements. I’d prefer I didn’t have to think about a great looking pillar fading into the background by being able to put it somewhere less conspicuous in the first place.

As I say, I know it cannot be small due to heat (PS5’s similarly gargantuan size demonstrates this) but it feels like classic design wankery to me to sort of ignore the (literal) elephant in the room.

My Series X is a lot less noticeable standing silently by the side of my TV than my PS4 Pro is sitting neatly in my media cabinet but making the sound of the devil's own vacuum cleaner every time I turn it on.

3 minutes ago, hereticboy said:

Thinking about getting an S for the spare room but a quick look says it's not in stock on the MS website. Do they still generally just not exist for the time being?

They're way more available than the X or PS5. Stock usually stays for minutes or hours rather than seconds. Just keep an eye out. 

10 minutes ago, hereticboy said:

Thinking about getting an S for the spare room but a quick look says it's not in stock on the MS website. Do they still generally just not exist for the time being?

I used an app called HotStock to try get my X. https://www.hotstock.io/uk

Although I ended up getting one from EE in the end and added it to my monthly bill. 

This is possibly a silly question, but does the Series controller work fine on PCs without any issues on older games?

My Xbox one controller feels like it's about to bite the dust, and if I'm going to buy a new one I'd rather like it to be the newer one if it's all nice.

27 minutes ago, JoeK said:

This is possibly a silly question, but does the Series controller work fine on PCs without any issues on older games?

My Xbox one controller feels like it's about to bite the dust, and if I'm going to buy a new one I'd rather like it to be the newer one if it's all nice.

It's the same, anything your Xbox One pad worked on the new pad works on.

My kids are on my XB1 and I can't* use my XSX. It's time Microsoft stopped this shit and formally shared subscriptions/digital purchases with the family group. 

*because I rarely get to sit down in the living room and use the big TV, I made the XSX the primary console and set it so you have to pick who logs in initially. The XB1 always needs me to be signed in, as the second console. This generally works. But I've got a rare bit of time here where I've got my actual TV to myself and I can't** use the damn thing. 

**Yes, I know the solution is to kick the kids off. That doesn't mean MS should be excused for a worse family system than Nintendo. 

4 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Dude make the XB1 the primary, then the kids can use their account without yours signed in, you can then use your XSX whenever you want as your account can play your games on any machine.

But they mostly play on the XSX, because the living room is basically the play room. In order for me to play on the XB1 without tripping over what they're doing, the XB1 needs to be primary. This was just a rare moment I got to sit down and actually use my stuff. 

40 minutes ago, TehStu said:

But they mostly play on the XSX, because the living room is basically the play room. In order for me to play on the XB1 without tripping over what they're doing, the XB1 needs to be primary. This was just a rare moment I got to sit down and actually use my stuff. 

Why can't you sign in on the XSX? 

17 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Why can't you sign in on the XSX? 

I can. As soon as I launch a game it says the account is already playing a game on another console. For example, tried to load Dead Cells on the XSX and it said I couldn't because I'm playing Minecraft on the XB1. I'm not, I'm just counted as signed into Minecraft and the kids are both playing on their own accounts. If I sign out on the XB1, the secondary console, it would say they don't own Minecraft. 

This setup works 95% of the time because my dad gaming is relegated to the bedroom. Can't have fing and blinding in watch dogs downstairs.