Xbox Series X | S

2 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

The S is packaged exactly the same as the X. MS put a bit of effort into the packaging, gives it a premium feel. 

I mean the packaging is no doubt as secure and safe but I can confirm, having opened both that they did give the X the premium feel. Like you’re opening some sort of mythical obelisk. 

The S is more cardboardy. 

9 hours ago, MattKB said:

Has anyone noticed that Xbox party chats are a bit shit these days? Constantly connecting, stuttering and freaking out. 

they’ve been wank for us over the past few weeks. Super laggy.

8 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Yes same here. Cutting in and out. echo. echo. 

Also randomly people getting muted or dropping to connecting. We're often having to play with in game chat as the parties have been so unreliable.

Just now, Mr Tony said:

Also randomly people getting muted or dropping to connecting. We're often having to play with in game chat as the parties have been so unreliable.

Yes to the connecting thing. 

Have MS acknowledged it at all I wonder? Clearly doesn’t seem to be for everyone.

Add me to the list of those suffering from party chat issues.

My brother, after getting jealous of my Series X managed to get a Series S from EE, which arrived yesterday. After his traditional 'ring me and get tech support' on setting it up, we played a few rounds on Fortnite and he spent the time just saying how good the graphics were. His purchase also coincided with a new 4k telly which was a huge upgrade for him. 

Proper.

For what it's worth, my brother ordered a Ryzen 5800 CPU from eBuyer, and the order just sat there for ages with no updates. The target delivery date came and went without a peep. I eventually sourced him one from elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

D390DDDC-EDFB-4714-9878-ADB7760EBD6A.thumb.jpeg.4f0458fcd7a13c81d5377bfa96ab6f24.jpeg

I didn’t “pre order” you shits. You took full payment and gave me a delivery date of the 16th of Feb :mad:

That's really shitty :(

Amazon are the only retailer I really trust for big purchases and they have their own issues anyway.

I just called them up and was told I can ignore the email, I have a unit allocated and it will arrive on the 16th.

If anyone else has one coming soon and doesn't have game pass ultimate yet, the offer to sign up for £1 for 3 months is active until Sunday I believe.  I signed up today to bag the offer.

7 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

I just called them up and was told I can ignore the email, I have a unit allocated and it will arrive on the 16th.

If anyone else has one coming soon and doesn't have game pass ultimate yet, the offer to sign up for £1 for 3 months is active until Sunday I believe.  I signed up today to bag the offer.

Has the offer to sign up for £1 for 3 years been stopped now? That’s a shame.

2 minutes ago, JPL said:

Has the offer to sign up for £1 for 3 years been stopped now? That’s a shame.

That's convert gold to GPU for £1 (the first time - I think it's the full cost of one month if you've done the conversion before). That still exists and no end date announced that I'm aware of.

I think this is just a simple pay £1 get 3 months.

10 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

That's convert gold to GPU for £1 (the first time - I think it's the full cost of one month if you've done the conversion before). That still exists and no end date announced that I'm aware of.

I think this is just a simple pay £1 get 3 months.

Ah right. @Jonny5, you should have looked at the first post of this thread (I think). You could have had 3 years for £1 + the cost of 3 years Gold. I'd recommend doing it once your 3 months are up.

Last night there were issues with cloud gaming which also stopped you handing in game pass quests. It was quickly reported and ended up on here

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

The cool thing is that when an issue is resolved, you can select to have it message you on your Xbox. Sure enough, I got a message maybe 15 mins later and could submit the GP quests. 

Obviously a bit annoying, and it looks like a few Microsoft services had issues last night, but getting an all clear heads up is great. 

On 11/02/2021 at 13:13, Jonny5 said:

Out for delivery! :omg:

with Yodel <_<

My XSX is set to shut off completely, and not update games (because data cap). My kids fired up Minecraft and played for an hour or so, and then switched to human fall flat. It crashed on load. Quit, tried again, same thing. I held down power button to do a cold boot. That's the same as having it completely shut down when you turn it off, right? Game fires up correctly first time. This isn't a connectivity thing, it's wired to router. 

What am I doing wrong here? This happens often. I had to manually delete some Minecraft data yesterday to get it to update some skin packs they have. I don't get to use it much, such is life, but it seems way more unstable than the XB1, which is hardly the most stable thing (I wish I had time to wipe it). 

6 minutes ago, TehStu said:

My XSX is set to shut off completely, and not update games (because data cap). My kids fired up Minecraft and played for an hour or so, and then switched to human fall flat. It crashed on load. Quit, tried again, same thing. I held down power button to do a cold boot. That's the same as having it completely shut down when you turn it off, right? Game fires up correctly first time. This isn't a connectivity thing, it's wired to router. 

What am I doing wrong here? This happens often. I had to manually delete some Minecraft data yesterday to get it to update some skin packs they have. I don't get to use it much, such is life, but it seems way more unstable than the XB1, which is hardly the most stable thing (I wish I had time to wipe it). 

I've had numerous issues like this.

Usually shutting down the game by pressing the home button, pressing the start button (three lines) and shutting down the game works. But not always.

Also had the controller lose connection quite often which needs a full reset of the Xbox and batteries out.

Hopefully will be ironed out over future updates but I've had more of these issues in a few months than in 7 years of PS4.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

I've had numerous issues like this.

Usually shutting down the game by pressing the home button, pressing the start button (three lines) and shutting down the game works. But not always.

Also had the controller lose connection quite often which needs a full reset of the Xbox and batteries out.

Hopefully will be ironed out over future updates but I've had more of these issues in a few months than in 7 years of PS4.

To be fair though the PS5 thread is filled with people having all sorts of issues. 

I think it’s evidence, as we kind of knew, that both machines were rushed to market under difficult circumstances. 

A year of updates should sort both of them out hopefully. 

Yeah, I'm sure they'll sort it, but it's not like my XB1 isn't prone to crashing, too. When my PC starts to act up, I can ask myself things like "well, is it because I poisoned my machine with Java for Minecraft?", but you have limited troubleshooting on closed systems. Quit app. Hard reboot. Check cloud services aren't acting up? 

It's a little disappointing. 

I don’t think I’ve mentioned it for a little while, but, I love my Series X.  I’m not an XBox fanboy, but it is a lovely, lovely thing.

Edited by skondo
Removed ‘That’s it’ as I realised it read like one of those irritating ‘that’s it, that’s the tweet’ posts. I’m having a word with myself.