Xbox Series X | S

My phone buzzes - “new games added to Game Pass!”; I tap and see that Cyber Shadow is available to install... I hit the install button; while I finish my lunch it installs to the Xbox; a while later I wake the system from sleep and immediately start playing. 

Jesus, this thing is brilliant. 

Just now, Hitcher said:

Why on earth would you sell your account?

2 reasons really mainlyI sold the series x with the intention of just sticking with PS5 and Switch

secondly to add value as I sold for a bit over RRP and didn't want to feel like a scalper .

I just can't help myself I like shiny things I'm just as bad with cars if you look in the car thread :( 

8 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

@denisb Blimey!!

I've managed to hold off pulling the trigger. I just can't justify it at the moment what with being furloughed.

I've got more than enough to be playing here - I set the WiiU and PS3 up the other day and have oodles of unplayed games on those.

other than a few weeks of furlough at the start ive worked throughout delivering building materials playing Russian roulette having to deal with idiots who ignore all the rules .

we got a few hundred quid today as an appreciation bonus so I decided to treat myself 

I can't go hiking over the moors at the moment which my other main hobby so ill sit at home avoiding contact playing games when I'm not forced to work

I'm sure if you know me you know it will be in trading next week :)

21 minutes ago, denisb said:

2 reasons really mainlyI sold the series x with the intention of just sticking with PS5 and Switch

But there's future generations of consoles to think of. I'd never sell mine now that it has hundreds of games collected over 4 generations of Xbox including those from Games with Gold.

43 minutes ago, Popo said:

My phone buzzes - “new games added to Game Pass!”; I tap and see that Cyber Shadow is available to install... I hit the install button; while I finish my lunch it installs to the Xbox; a while later I wake the system from sleep and immediately start playing. 

Jesus, this thing is brilliant. 

Impressive isn't it! Had The Medium pre-loaded for weeks now and it has periodically updated that to as updates have been added so it will be ready to play this week on release.

24 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

But there's future generations of consoles to think of. I'd never sell mine now that it has hundreds of games collected over 4 generations of Xbox including those from Games with Gold.

Definitely a plus point. Bought Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun years ago on the 360 its great that I can continue playing them and my other favourite games. Although my favourite racers aren't available on BC probably due to licensing agreements.  

Still amazed that MS brought both Ikaruga and in particular Radiant Silvergun to the 360. It was always one of the holy grail titles on the Saturn and I refused to pay the premium price for it. Not sure what prompted MS to fund projects like this but glad they did. Although of late they aren't doing as much of this. 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

What a minefield! I always thought this stuff was standardised for decades. 

To be fair, it is standardized and fairly straightforward except for Apple not adhering to the standard because Apple. It's okay if you like Apple stuff but the caveat is always that you can't expect to set even one foot outside the Apple ecosystem and still expect things to work properly. If you get *anything* not-made-by/for-Apple, it should work just fine. A little while ago I couldn't find anything quickly except some really cheap 1 quid throwaway wired earbuds and they worked fine, for example.

53 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Definitely a plus point. Bought Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun years ago on the 360 its great that I can continue playing them and my other favourite games. Although my favourite racers aren't available on BC probably due to licensing agreements.  

Still amazed that MS brought both Ikaruga and in particular Radiant Silvergun to the 360. It was always one of the holy grail titles on the Saturn and I refused to pay the premium price for it. Not sure what prompted MS to fund projects like this but glad they did. Although of late they aren't doing as much of this. 

I'm in the same boat. It's ace.

And I would pay £70 to buy Outrun 2 again in a heartbeat.

On 26/01/2021 at 07:54, Garwoofoo said:

Maybe the mic is muted, or has the volume very low? If you press the Guide button to get the little pop-up menu, then go all the way down to the bottom right icon, it'll take you to the audio levels page - is there anything on there that helps?

Do the Sony headphones definitely work with other devices that are not made by Apple?

A pull of the right trigger jumps down to the bottom, just in case you didn’t know. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

To be fair, it is standardized and fairly straightforward except for Apple not adhering to the standard because Apple. It's okay if you like Apple stuff but the caveat is always that you can't expect to set even one foot outside the Apple ecosystem and still expect things to work properly. If you get *anything* not-made-by/for-Apple, it should work just fine. A little while ago I couldn't find anything quickly except some really cheap 1 quid throwaway wired earbuds and they worked fine, for example.

Well, in principle I agree with you, but my experience with these Sony headphones has demonstrated it’s a little more complicated than that. 

12 hours ago, Halo said:

If anyone cares, Argos and Smyths both have re-stock of the "Official Xbox Series X Rechargeable Battery Pack & Cable Set"/"Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable" (play and charge kit) at £20 - Smyths offer free delivery too. It's been out of stock in most places for a couple of months unless you wanted to pay £25+.

On this subject anyone had any joy getting the new pads to charge using a regular USB C phone charging cable ?

26 minutes ago, Strafe said:

If there’s RT on call of the sea I certainly didn’t notice it.

yeah looks like it was initially meant to have it but it was dropped during development - my bad. 

I think War Thunder has RT as well, it's f2p (and quite fun). I'm not sure how noticeable it will be in that game. 

It's quite subtle in The Medium but effective, adds that extra depth the environments.