Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, McCoy said:

 

I think that might be my next step. I tried going offline and still same result but worth the try with a different profile just to check what happens. The weird thing is I've factory reset the console and deleted everything on it so it is a fresh install so the problem with data, if it is that, would have to be server side. 

I haven’t got it, so I can’t try, but do you know anyone else who’s played it on the X? I presume you’ve scoured the internet already but you’ve not seen anyone with the same issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPL said:

I haven’t got it, so I can’t try, but do you know anyone else who’s played it on the X? I presume you’ve scoured the internet already but you’ve not seen anyone with the same issue.

Yep, irritatingly no one else seems to have a replicable problem. I'll try the different profile idea, then throw the xbox out the window and gracefully give up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JPL said:

I haven’t got it, so I can’t try, but do you know anyone else who’s played it on the X? I presume you’ve scoured the internet already but you’ve not seen anyone with the same issue.

 

OK, exciting. I remembered back in the midst of time I had a second gamertag and account so I located the deets and logged in as that account and... It worked!

 

Now, I've already done half the game on my previous account but defo a step in the right direction. Just not sure how to parley this advancement into using my main account. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, McCoy said:

 

OK, exciting. I remembered back in the midst of time I had a second gamertag and account so I located the deets and logged in as that account and... It worked!

 

Now, I've already done half the game on my previous account but defo a step in the right direction. Just not sure how to parley this advancement into using my main account. 

All I think you’ll be able to do, if you can do it at all, is wipe the save data from your main account and start the game again. That save data must be fucked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robsk1 said:

Has anyone tried the XB live gold to GP ultimate trick recently? I’ve just tried and the MS site only offered me 4mths of GP. 
 

have I done something wrong? 

If you currently have GP then it will convert Gold to Ultimate at a 4:1 ratio; so 12 months Gold will convert to 4 months Ultimate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPL said:

All I think you’ll be able to do, if you can do it at all, is wipe the save data from your main account and start the game again. That save data must be fucked.

 

Weirdly though, I still have my One X and loaded that up to check and the game plays fine, save data and all. I completed a race hoping to essentially refresh the save file stored in the cloud and repair whatever issue but still no luck on the series X. All very strange. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there's a lot of Eneloop users in this thread, does anyone know whether the Eneloop Pro's are worth the extra money? They'll only be for use with the pad.

 

Also my old charger is a bit shit, can anyone recommend a decent smart charger that works with a UK wall socket? Amazon seems like the wild west, a lot of them seem to be USB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, McCoy said:

 

Weirdly though, I still have my One X and loaded that up to check and the game plays fine, save data and all. I completed a race hoping to essentially refresh the save file stored in the cloud and repair whatever issue but still no luck on the series X. All very strange. 

Must be a specific Series X problem then, so maybe it’s just a game they haven’t properly checked. Hopefully it’ll get sorted a system update or two down the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CarloOos said:

I know there's a lot of Eneloop users in this thread, does anyone know whether the Eneloop Pro's are worth the extra money? They'll only be for use with the pad.

 

Also my old charger is a bit shit, can anyone recommend a decent smart charger that works with a UK wall socket? Amazon seems like the wild west, a lot of them seem to be USB.

I use the IKEA charger and their batteries with no issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, McCoy said:

Yep, irritatingly no one else seems to have a replicable problem. I'll try the different profile idea, then throw the xbox out the window and gracefully give up. 

I have a problem with Sine Mora (360) that's a bit like yours.  It was fine, until I got a prompt to download profile information and now as soon as you press start upon loading it crashes to dashboard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, McCoy said:

 

Weirdly though, I still have my One X and loaded that up to check and the game plays fine, save data and all. I completed a race hoping to essentially refresh the save file stored in the cloud and repair whatever issue but still no luck on the series X. All very strange. 

 Found this page here (which sadly won't help you) but maybe post there as well and hope for a response? It's EA help forums:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/NFS-Hot-Pursuit-Remastered/Game-won-t-launch-on-Xbox/td-p/9722784

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Timmo said:

Showing my ignorance here but there doesn't seem to be clear info on all this. Do I need a 120hz display to get the most from my console and is it a big deal? From what I gather I need it to get frame rates over 60fps, but then again is it a big deal?

 

From my limited understanding, a PS5 or Series X needs a large (because a smaller screen won't look any different to 1080p) 4K display capable of 120hz and those are big, big money. Am I misunderstanding everything?

@Timmo you ordered a Series S, right? It's not really designed for the latest TVs, despite theoretically being able to do 120fps in some games in exchange for big a hit on  picture quality. If the Series S is going to be your next-gen console then just stick with whatever TV you've got for now. The Series S won't use the the extra resolution of a 4K TV for most games, and 120hz is so new it's not worth bothering with yet (or ever, maybe).

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pob said:

@Timmo you ordered a Series S, right? It's not really designed for the latest TVs, despite theoretically being able to do 120fps in some games in exchange for big a hit on  picture quality. If the Series S is going to be your next-gen console then just stick with whatever TV you've got for now. The Series S won't use the the extra resolution of a 4K TV for most games, and 120hz is so new it's not worth bothering with yet (or ever, maybe).

 

Cheers. At the moment I'm getting an S and a PS5 early next year, so I might get a decent screen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wahwah* said:

I have a problem with Sine Mora (360) that's a bit like yours.  It was fine, until I got a prompt to download profile information and now as soon as you press start upon loading it crashes to dashboard. 

 

Yep, sounds very similar. It's definitely at the stage where profile/save information tries to be accessed it has issues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Timmo said:

 

Cheers. At the moment I'm getting an S and a PS5 early next year, so I might get a decent screen.

 

Cool. When I watched a couple of videos about TVs a few weeks ago it seemed that the only current TV that does all the latest stuff properly (HDR, 120hz, VRR being the three key things) was the LG CX series which is around the £1,500 mark. If you don't care about 120hz/VRR then your options increase a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen of the new super-shiny games coming down the pipe, the target is generally 4K/30 with a bit of ray tracing.

 

I wouldn't worry about it.  120 Hz-capable TVs are so expensive as to make the what-is-likely-to-be rare next gen games that support 120 fps worthwhile - it remains to be seen that 4K/60 will even become the new standards, beyond the enhanced games from last generation, which make up the bulk of what we're playing on our Series Xs and PS5s right now (and even at that, many BC-compatible games are not enhanced, so you're getting PS4 Pro/Xbox One standard 4K/30).

Link to post
Share on other sites

My first experience of 120 fps console gaming was just recently playing Borderlands 3 on PS5. 

It has a convenient 4k60 / not4Kbut120 toggle and it's kinda interesting. This is all on a LG B9.

 

That slight motion blur that you get even at 60 fps is just totally gone at 120, the image is silky smooth when turning the camera, but it all feels the same speed and similar responsiveness. It's absolutely better at 120 fps, but it's not the massive jump from 30 to 60. That's a transformative difference, where as 120 fps is more of a nice to have imo. 

 

I'd like to see more 60 fps targeting this gen, rather than 30 fps with ray tracing. In saying that ray-tracing is amazing so... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not just 120fps. I have a LG C8 that only has HDMI 2.0 so hasn't the bandwidth for full 4:4:4 chroma AND 4k HDR so it gets compressed to 4:2:2 or even 4:2:0.

This means I sometimes see minor colour banding.

 

The C9 and CX have HDMI 2.1 (the C9 actually has the full bandwidth of48Gbps, the CX has less at 40Gbps) so you get full RGB.

 

 

I will be upgrading my C8 at some point I'm just deciding whether to go up a size to 77" to feel a real upgrade, or wait for the C11. Also the current AVR HDMI 2.1 hardware problem is a factor for me too as I want to upgrade to an AVR with multiple HDMI 2.1 inputs. Otherwise I'll have to plug the consoles straight into the tv and get the sound over eArc, but none of the LG OLED range have never managed a dolby digital signal over eArc without audio lag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pug said:

It's not just 120fps. I have a LG C8 that only has HDMI 2.0 so hasn't the bandwidth for full 4:4:4 chroma AND 4k HDR so it gets compressed to 4:2:2 or even 4:2:0.

This means I sometimes see minor colour banding.

 

The C9 and CX have HDMI 2.1 (the C9 actually has the full bandwidth of48Gbps, the CX has less at 40Gbps) so you get full RGB.

 

 

I will be upgrading my C8 at some point I'm just deciding whether to go up a size to 77" to feel a real upgrade, or wait for the C11. Also the current AVR HDMI 2.1 hardware problem is a factor for me too as I want to upgrade to an AVR with multiple HDMI 2.1 inputs. Otherwise I'll have to plug the consoles straight into the tv and get the sound over eArc, but none of the LG OLED range have never managed a dolby digital signal over eArc without audio lag.

 

Yeah, I have my PS5 set up for full 4:4:4 chroma RGB and the TV displays this fine at 60 fps. 

To use 120 fps, it's limited to 4:2:2 and it absolutely doesn't look at good, colours are a bit more muted. 

 

For that game in particular, I think I prefer 4:4:4 RGB @ 60 fps over 4:2:2 120 fps. 

 

  

5 minutes ago, Marlew said:

@Timmo

 

Of all the upgrades I've ever made, the difference coming to an OLED telly dwarfs any new console.

 

Playing PS4 games on an OLED is much better than playing PS5 games on a 4K HDR LCD screen. 

 

I absolutely agree with this. The upgrade you see with these LG OLED's is fucking bananas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.