Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

31 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

My download speed seems to have dropped so wanted to shut down quick resume to see if it made any difference.

It’s not quick resume that slows downloads, it’s having a game running. You can still leave loads of games in quick resume, just quit the currently active game and speeds will shoot up. I think it throttles downloads while a game is running to free up some bandwidth for it.

Just got my xbox series x. 

Just so I've got this right, the series x controller requires AA batteries, those things from tv remotes and the 1990s. And searching for an official lithium charging pack, it seems microsoft don't sell one? but the battery pack for the Xbox One controllers work? Yet they don't come with a USB-C wire.

Have I got this right?

9 minutes ago, stan said:

Just got my xbox series x. 

Just so I've got this right, the series x controller requires AA batteries, those things from tv remotes and the 1990s. And searching for an official lithium charging pack, it seems microsoft don't sell one? but the battery pack for the Xbox One controllers work? Yet they don't come with a USB-C wire.

Have I got this right?

no sir.

you can get official Series X Play and Charge Kits.

Argos

I finally managed to get remote play to work - it seems that it’ll only work if the Xbox is using a wireless connection, I don’t suppose anyone else’s experience differs? Because nowhere have I seen it documented that that should be the case. 

The app complains that it could find the Xbox but not connect to it while it’s on the wire - connects every time when it’s on wireless. 

I wonder if that’s connected to my inability to get the Xbox mobile app to see my Series X. It sees my old One X just fine but when I try and link the new one it just says “turn on the console and log in” and never detects that I’ve actually done that. 

50 minutes ago, Popo said:

I finally managed to get remote play to work - it seems that it’ll only work if the Xbox is using a wireless connection, I don’t suppose anyone else’s experience differs? Because nowhere have I seen it documented that that should be the case. 

The app complains that it could find the Xbox but not connect to it while it’s on the wire - connects every time when it’s on wireless. 

Ive used remote play lots and my series x is wired

7 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

I’m thinking of buying a Series S and wondered whether this looks like a good gaming monitor for it.... any thoughts from people more knowledgeable than me on this kind of thing please?

https://prismplus.sg/collections/gaming-monitors/products/prism-f270i-pro

Can’t find any reputable reviews of it (only in the manufacturers website), none of the big youtubers have reviewed it, it doesn’t appear on any of the “best gaming monitor” lists at any site I’ve seen...I’d be cautious. You can get a well reviewed, well known brand that has benchmarks and tests done against it for the same money. 

For example, I’ve just bought this and it usually appears near or at the top of any best gaming monitor lists, there’s loads of reputable YouTube reviews and benchmarks, it’s very well regarded and it’s cheaper and it’s absolutely brilliant based on the week and half or so I’ve had it. 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/pc-gaming/gaming-monitors/lg-class-ultragear-27gl850-b-quad-hd-27-nano-ips-lcd-gaming-monitor-black-10204170-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=2f489429-2329-4fcd-941a-a6a497a10e1d&istItemId=ipmamqatm&istBid=t&awc=1599_1605370489_131b4bfc3550e583c8f7688751051f98&srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~Genie Shopping~Comparison Engine~259955~Staircase+51+Ltd+(Genie+Shopping)

1 hour ago, Popo said:

It could well be that for security purposes your router sets up wireless and hardwired networks differently and is port restricting between then. Best bet would be to check admin settings on your router.

Possibly @Garwoofoohas his router to see wireless and wired as separate networks.

21 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

It could well be that for security purposes your router sets up wireless and hardwired networks differently and is port restricting between then. Best bet would be to check admin settings on your router.

Possibly @Garwoofoohas his router to see wireless and wired as separate networks.

Thats a good point! Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Someone asked about using rewards points redeemed credit in the Black Friday sale towards the spend £40 get more rewards points.

I bought 2 games this morning. 1 used £5 of redeemed credit and that purchase hasn't been included against the £40. So no it doesn't count.

Ta! It was me who asked. 

Free stuff earning more freebies does sound a little bit one sided, after all.

And they sent me  £4 voucher last night for no particular reason.

For those looking at Atmos / DTS licences which are on sale, I tried both last night and recommend you try both, I'm going to have another look but based on last night, the DTS seemed much better to me.

17 hours ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

Also I was struggling to get through to a real human about my elite V2 issue, it seems the chat option is hidden away at the moment. I finally managed to through Microsoft office tech support somehow in the depths of their website and they gave me this link 

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/chat/48/

Which is a direct link to Xbox support, worth saving on your favourites maybe

@Oh Danny Boy

Also in your Microsoft order history there should be a button which says refund information and a refund can be requested without need for contacting chat

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

^ direct link to refund information on eligible orders. (You can still contact MS about orders not on the list I'm sure) Just did my DTS order and the refund was instant. Don't think anyone even reviews them 

Thanks for this, going to add it to the OP.

Why is the resume option still allowed for some games when it’s unreliable? Almost every time I use it with Yakuza 7 the game just gets stuck when I interact with something and I have to restart the game.

Is there a way to turn resume off in the options anywhere?

1 hour ago, Retroguy said:

Why is the resume option still allowed for some games when it’s unreliable? Almost every time I use it with Yakuza 7 the game just gets stuck when I interact with something and I have to restart the game.

Is there a way to turn resume off in the options anywhere?

No there isn’t an option to turn it off or see what games are currently using it or supporting it. I suspect those options will be coming. 

I think they are disabling it on titles on the fly as some that had it working before now don’t work. 

It’s a good feature so hopefully they sort it quickly.