IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

Has anyone tried the TV streaming apps? Having mixed success with them for HDR

Amazon Prime - Correctly launches in SDR and changes to HDR when appropriate show playing. Looks amazing, somehow better than the LG app. Also way more responsive.

Netflix - Changes to Dolby Vision immediately on launch and never changes based on content type.

Apple TV - Immediately launches but only HDR not Dolby Vision. Doesn't change when launching a DV show (which is most of Apple TV+ content)

Disney+ - works as it should. DV for Mandalorian

Many care about Apple TV (for the few things left to watch) as I was before having to use my iPad.  This is with a LG B7.

Have you tried putting it in a barrel of rice? 

Edit: This is actually a serious suggestion, I just wondered whether this would help to extract the liquid (piss) like when you drop a mobile phone down bog or whatever (never done it). 

Just to get this stream of consciousness back on track:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/13/the-biggest-launch-in-xbox-history/?ocid=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Photo_lrn_11.13.1

More new consoles sold than any prior generation, with Xbox Series S adding the highest percentage of new players for any Xbox console at launch

70 percent of Series X|S consoles are attached to new and existing Xbox Game Pass members

7 hours ago, Yiggy said:

Same. I only did 5 mins but it looked shit. I will give it a go as I don't want to do it a dis-service and to try and justify my £25 impulse purchase. 

If you bought it digitally off the MS store you’ll likely still be able to get a refund (pretty sure you’ve got up to two hrs of playtime)  :).

15 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Quick question. 

Do I need to do anything like a system transfer to use the external HDD with the 360 / XB1 games on the new Series S? Or can I just plug it in the box and sign in?

Plug it straight in, there's no issues. 

Finally got my series S setup after a work week from hell.

Everything thrown at it super smooth (bar Disneyland Adventures, weirdly), the box is a nice size and is super quiet. Loading times are great.

I don't really have much issue with the disk size; I've two biggish Xbox One games on there and a whole bunch of indie and smaller games on there. Used to only really playing one major game at a time on Switch, so absolutely fine for me.

Controller feels cheap though, and batteries in 2020? I assume this is only because I'm in the potato edition.

The only Xbox controller with a built in battery is the elite series 2. 

While I have an elite, I do actually quite like the feel of this new revision. In particular they've refined the bumpers to be more rounded and sit a little more nicely under the fingers and I like the textured elements on the triggers too.