Xbox Series X | S

1 minute ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

That was my intention too but I forgot to buy an external hard drive to do it with :doh:

pretty sure I’ll get the console delivered tomorrow. It then by the time the system patch is done and I’ve downloaded any game at all from Game Pass it’ll probably be Thursday.

If your actual internet connection is slow, you can transfer games from your old Xbox so long as it's on the same network. It isn't the speediest process, but at least it won't hog your broadband.

I was wondering about the pre-orders being made available tomorrow as I'd seen that Game were saying they were for delivery in December - the 18th, I think.

This guy is marketing lead for Xbox UK. He later replies that the allocation will 'almost certainly' be available before Christmas.

30 minutes ago, Ferine said:

If your actual internet connection is slow, you can transfer games from your old Xbox so long as it's on the same network. It isn't the speediest process, but at least it won't hog your broadband.

Broadbands around 60mb-ish but I expect their servers to get a proper hammering tomorrow.

The copying across the network sounds interesting, I have a mini switch sitting around so might research into seeing if that could be used.

Cheers for the tip!

4 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

You know grinds my gears......

That we don't even get that fucking Ray Tracing Minecraft demo.

I mean

Come on.....

Gies us something Phil.....

Is Minecraft not being updated to have Ray Tracing at launch? is it going to turn into another Super Duper Graphics pack debacle? they sold me a fucking Xbox One X on the back of that demo the arseholes :twisted:

53 minutes ago, sid said:

What games have people preordered ? What you getting with the console ??

Yakuza. Valhalla. Bright Memory. Then will get gears tactics and Tetris from gamepass. 

No idea what to play first. Will probably try and finish Witcher 3 which will be quicker at least with the greatly reduced load times!

Interspersed with Tetris, Forza and other bits ‘no’ pieces. 

1 hour ago, Boozy The Clown said:

You know grinds my gears......

That we don't even get that fucking Ray Tracing Minecraft demo.

I mean

Come on.....

Gies us something Phil.....

It’s still a beta on PC, and a pain to find and install, which surprised me.

35 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

If i get the Xbox One version of  Star Wars Squadrons  - currently 21 quid!  on CD Keys

is that getting any upgrade patch on the Series S anytime?

It’s getting something. But if you’ve got gamepass you’ll get a 10 hour trial with ea play: at least a reasonable demo (occasionally they lock to one or two single player levels) before you spend money.

I recently went back to State of Decay 2, a game I wanted to love but ruined by muddy, low res graphics on xbox vcr and piss-poor performance generally. It's a lot smoother now anyway, much more playable, but I just saw a video of it running on the SX, wow, it almost looks like a different game. Buttery smooth 60fps and crisp image quality. Can't wait to get back into that.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - Happy Launch Day!
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic