Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SteveH said:

For those who ordered through Amazon, check your email as they have just sent me a promotional code for £10 off a controller. Thing is, I had already ordered a second controller, and after chatting with them, they would rather me send back the controller I receive and then order another to get £10 off, than just give me £10 back off my purchase :doh:

Yeah they are fucking stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kris_doe said:

What are the chances of game having stock left over not for pre orders? I know they usually love selling those over priced bundles in store on release day 

Are they even open?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kris_doe said:

What are the chances of game having stock left over not for pre orders? I know they usually love selling those over priced bundles in store on release day 

 

Never know, but I'd have thought they'd have made people aware -  a limited PS5 stock heads up on its launch day was tweeted a few hours ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kris_doe said:

What are the chances of game having stock left over not for pre orders? I know they usually love selling those over priced bundles in store on release day 

None. GAME stores are all closed and only opening on release day for Series S | X and PS5 to allow pre order customers who pre ordered instore and paid before lockdown to collect their consoles or those that pre ordered online for store delivery. 

 

Nothing will be sold instore on these particular days. You can’t even enter the store (pre orders handed over at the door basically). I know this as I am such a customer and they sent me an email at the weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

None. GAME stores are all closed and only opening on release day for Series S | X and PS5 to allow pre order customers who pre ordered instore and paid before lockdown to collect their consoles or those that pre ordered online for store delivery. 

 

Nothing will be sold instore on these particular days. You can’t even enter the store (pre orders handed over at the door basically).

 

I'm in NI they're open as normal...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams

As already mentioned, Amazon are sending out £10 discount codes for an Xbox controller as a thank you for purchasing a Series S/X. 

 

I wasn't planning on buying an additional controller straight away, but somehow I now have a Shock Blue pad on its way to me. Well played, Amazon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, retroed said:

As already mentioned, Amazon are sending out £10 discount codes for an Xbox controller as a thank you for purchasing a Series S/X. 

 

I wasn't planning on buying an additional controller straight away, but somehow I now have a Shock Blue pad on its way to me. Well played, Amazon.

 

I received that and an hour later received one for 40% off 3 months game pass which comes in at £19.99, not sure if its a great price compared to how people usually buy it but maybe worth checking your emails 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I subscribe to Gamepass Ultimate on a monthly basis like a chump. Amazon have sent me a code for 40% off 3 months which is nice, it involves a purchase on their website which I assume is for a code I can apply to my Xbox account.

 

How does that work then if I go for it? Will it just delay my subs for three months?

 

Apologies for all my n00bish questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

So what’s everyone playing on their last night with their shit old console that makes them want to vomit?

 

Me. I’m ploughing on with Witcher 3, Hydro Thunder and Knights and Bikes earlier. 

 

I'm playing Halo 5 on Legendary.  Need to go back and play the others on the same setting as to my shame I played on easier settings for earlier instalments,

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zombait said:

Does anyone know if any shops will have stock tomorrow, either online or in store or is it totally sold out & pre-orders only? Asking for a friend with a son who's pining for one. I think I know the answer though :(

 

Think Game said they'd have stock on launch day BUT it would be online sale only.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zombait said:

Does anyone know if any shops will have stock tomorrow, either online or in store or is it totally sold out & pre-orders only? Asking for a friend with a son who's pining for one. I think I know the answer though :(

 

No in-store stock for Xbox (or PS5) apparently.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

 

I'm playing Halo 5 on Legendary.  Need to go back and play the others on the same setting as to my shame I played on easier settings for earlier instalments,

Jesus. You picked the worst one to solo Legendary. That fucking Warden Eternal is a proper twat. He’s no fun to fight on your own.

 

Don’t let it put you off though. Halo CE on Legendary is a thing of beauty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JPL said:

Jesus. You picked the worst one to solo Legendary. That fucking Warden Eternal is a proper twat. He’s no fun to fight on your own.

 

Yup. I've done the other and felt compelled to complete the series.  I'll probs go back to 1 and play it legendary after.  Or maybe Reach or ODST for a change. Been a while since I played those on Xbox 360

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Some one else will know better but something to do with variable refresh rates. People thought the LG models could do it. But they can’t. 

They can do it but there can be issues with dark images looking washed out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

So what’s everyone playing on their last night with their shit old console that makes them want to vomit?

 

Me. I’m ploughing on with Witcher 3, Hydro Thunder and Knights and Bikes earlier. 

I played a little bit of Destiny 2, running round the Tangled Shore hunting the Scorn Barons as Odyssey decided to crap out on me on the Map screen again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

So what’s everyone playing on their last night with their shit old console that makes them want to vomit?

 

Me. I’m ploughing on with Witcher 3, Hydro Thunder and Knights and Bikes earlier. 

The transfer “internal to external” storage game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was my intention too but I forgot to buy an external hard drive to do it with :doh:

 

pretty sure I’ll get the console delivered tomorrow. It then by the time the system patch is done and I’ve downloaded any game at all from Game Pass it’ll probably be Thursday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, layten said:

They can do it but there can be issues with dark images looking washed out.


Well that’s a pisser. And am I right in saying that locked 120 can result in screen tearing? Will be interesting to see how bad the wash out is and if they can do a fix for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yiggy said:


Well that’s a pisser. And am I right in saying that locked 120 can result in screen tearing? Will be interesting to see how bad the wash out is and if they can do a fix for it. 

I think the conclusion is that it cannot be completely fixed and will require a reworking of the panel itself in future models.

 

Sony have got around the issue by not enabling VRR on their TV's or games consoles. :hat: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.