Xbox Series X | S

7 minutes ago, Ry said:

Where did you order from? I will prob pick one up from argos or very and pay over 6 months but cant find stock.

I got mine from Very, they are in stock atm.

https://www.very.co.uk/seagate-storage-expansion-card-for-xbox-series-xs-in-1tb-stjr1000400/1600532636.prd?_requestid=919973&Ntt=seagate 1 tb

Turned up yesterday and you can either pay in 3 instalments or defer for 9 months.

9 minutes ago, Ry said:

Where did you order from? I will prob pick one up from argos or very and pay over 6 months but cant find stock.

I ordered mine from the Microsoft online store, some time ago mind - dunno if they have stock now

Just now, Eighthours said:

Holy shit. See? The reduction in load times is by far the BIGGEST thing to come out of next gen. It's going to change so much.

I love FH4 but hells bells the load times. All the more annoying when I discovered you can teleport around The Crew 2 as quickly as you like. 

Game changer. Literally. 

4 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I love FH4 but hells bells the load times. All the more annoying when I discovered you can teleport around The Crew 2 as quickly as you like. 

Game changer. Literally. 

Imagine getting to the Fortnite lobby in a few seconds rather than over 2 minutes. JUST IMAGINE.

16 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Imagine getting to the Fortnite lobby in a few seconds rather than over 2 minutes. JUST IMAGINE.

Surely that stuff will stay around the same as it’s waiting for hundreds of players to connect and sync up?

22 minutes ago, Ry said:

I really think it’s worth seeing how good the workflow is for copying to / from USB. Unless you really need to have 6+ monster games like COD, RDR or Forza ready to go at once 1TB with the option to archive games off is worth trying. From what I’ve seen transfer speeds are much faster than previous even from a spiny drive. 

More space is a real nice to have but if the above allows the cost of the expansions to halve over the next 2 years before you need it then it’s good. 

19 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

17 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Surely that stuff will stay around the same as it’s waiting for hundreds of players to connect and sync up?

I played it on my external ssd and it’s amazing just how quick it loads, waaaaay faster and just a better experience all round - you obv have to wait for online stuff like lobbies but even so it’s glorious! 

Only issue is it does make in between match piss and coffee making races impossible :lol:

So why, from reports I’ve heard, are games loading much faster even when they are running off an external drive? Even when that drive isn’t SSD?

And is it still the case that native X enhanced games have to be coped over to internal? L

4 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

So why, from reports I’ve heard, are games loading much faster even when they are running off an external drive? Even when that drive isn’t SSD?

And is it still the case that native X enhanced games have to be coped over to internal? L

Powerful cpu so can decompress much faster and yes.

FAAAAAACK.

I went to the pharmacy to get my prescription and then a little later my wife left for a short walk on her lunch break, and Royal Mail chose that moment to apparently try to deliver my Expansion Card. They left a note specifying they've left it with a neighbour, but who knows what number! I live in a block of 16 flats!

Let this be an important warning notice to everyone for Tuesday. <_<

Copied this from the resetera review thread. Some great scores in there and a few 7s. I think i may cancel my preorder though (even though i only paid £25), i think its a game destined to come to Gamepass. 

PCGamer 78/100

Despite a little turbulence, The Falconeer takes you on a memorable ride.

Fingerguns 7/10

The Falconeer lacks an actual Falconeer protagonist to hang its adventure from and ends up impersonal and fragmented. Odd dis-incentivizing design choices seek to undermine what is an otherwise wonderful lore-filled world and some of the most fun and frenetic aerial combat this generation.

Godisageek 8.5/10

The Falconeer is a beautiful game that offers a necessary freedom and escape that is much needed right now. It looks incredible, and flying around The Great Ursee feels excellent, but sometimes the combat can be tricky.

XboxEra 8/10

But even as is, The Falconeer is something worth playing at the launch of the new generation. There’s around 12 hours or so of core story to work through but countless hours with side missions, especially if like me, you wind up losing yourself just flying around the gorgeous skies of Ursee.

TheIndieGameWebsite 7/10

It’s clear that Tomas Sala has put a lot of effort into bringing us The Falconeer and it’s an absolutely applaudable effort. Boasting some impressive artistic direction, smooth performance, and enjoyable open-world exploration, it comes packed within an intriguing story that left me wanting to know more. It isn’t perfect though, and there are certainly flaws within the combat system, but ultimately, if you’re a fan of aerial combat that’s looking for something different, this is one game which comes recommended.

jeuxvideo 13/20 (French)

Despite his pleasant artistic direction and his ambition to tell a complex story with multiple ramifications, The Falconeer lacks a little soul during his ten hours of play. The developed lore struggles to include the player because of a lack attachment to the heroes while the uninspiring missions, even generic, plague the desire to progress. Fortunately, his overall successful dogfights as well as his few flashes make this aerial shoot an experience that deserves attention. The work done by its sole developer is obviously remarkable: his love for an endangered genre shines on every feather of the Fantastic Falcon.

TheSixthAxis 7/10

I find myself a little perplexed by The Falconeer. I still thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game, but it almost felt like I was doing so in spite of how I felt about the gameplay. I do think The Falconeer is going to find an audience that loves it wholeheartedly, but also that there will be plenty of others for whom this falls a bit flat too.

Altchar 9/10

Fast-paced but strategic combat, gorgeous graphics, wide range of gameplay options from exploration to racing.

Screenrant 2/5

There is a great game buried somewhere in The Falconeer, but it's trapped behind an open-world structure that does it no favors. Every choice beyond the aerial combat seems to backfire in one way or another, and while there are numerous unique enemies with interesting details, they all zoom by the player character at 90 miles an hour, so they go unnoticed. Story beats that sometimes defy fantasy tropes would pop up and intrigue, but there's no connective tissue to string players along. Even the combat isn't fun for long when it's shoved into busywork side missions made for the sole purpose of accruing gold. As a graphical showcase for the new Xbox, The Falconeer may be worth a look, but here's hoping that Thomas Sala can find the time to develop something else in The Great Ursea that takes better advantage of its strengths as a setting.

TechRaptor 7.5/10

The Falconeer is an interesting take on the aerial combat genre putting players in the saddle of large birds and setting off across a flooded world in search of balance between warring factions. While the story and world do feel incomplete the flight combat does a good job of staying entertaining.

The Falconeer seems to have slipped my attention but it looks like it's worth a go. It might scratch a Rogue Squadron / Starfox itch, feel like there aren't enough flying-y games. There's something very relaxing about soaring, rather than running. 

I can't quite find out concrete info about it being on gamepass or not?

12 minutes ago, Ry said:

Copied this from the resetera review thread. Some great scores in there and a few 7s. I think i may cancel my preorder though (even though i only paid £25), i think its a game destined to come to Gamepass. 

PCGamer 78/100

Despite a little turbulence, The Falconeer takes you on a memorable ride.

Fingerguns 7/10

The Falconeer lacks an actual Falconeer protagonist to hang its adventure from and ends up impersonal and fragmented. Odd dis-incentivizing design choices seek to undermine what is an otherwise wonderful lore-filled world and some of the most fun and frenetic aerial combat this generation.

Godisageek 8.5/10

The Falconeer is a beautiful game that offers a necessary freedom and escape that is much needed right now. It looks incredible, and flying around The Great Ursee feels excellent, but sometimes the combat can be tricky.

XboxEra 8/10

But even as is, The Falconeer is something worth playing at the launch of the new generation. There’s around 12 hours or so of core story to work through but countless hours with side missions, especially if like me, you wind up losing yourself just flying around the gorgeous skies of Ursee.

TheIndieGameWebsite 7/10

It’s clear that Tomas Sala has put a lot of effort into bringing us The Falconeer and it’s an absolutely applaudable effort. Boasting some impressive artistic direction, smooth performance, and enjoyable open-world exploration, it comes packed within an intriguing story that left me wanting to know more. It isn’t perfect though, and there are certainly flaws within the combat system, but ultimately, if you’re a fan of aerial combat that’s looking for something different, this is one game which comes recommended.

jeuxvideo 13/20 (French)

Despite his pleasant artistic direction and his ambition to tell a complex story with multiple ramifications, The Falconeer lacks a little soul during his ten hours of play. The developed lore struggles to include the player because of a lack attachment to the heroes while the uninspiring missions, even generic, plague the desire to progress. Fortunately, his overall successful dogfights as well as his few flashes make this aerial shoot an experience that deserves attention. The work done by its sole developer is obviously remarkable: his love for an endangered genre shines on every feather of the Fantastic Falcon.

TheSixthAxis 7/10

I find myself a little perplexed by The Falconeer. I still thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game, but it almost felt like I was doing so in spite of how I felt about the gameplay. I do think The Falconeer is going to find an audience that loves it wholeheartedly, but also that there will be plenty of others for whom this falls a bit flat too.

Altchar 9/10

Fast-paced but strategic combat, gorgeous graphics, wide range of gameplay options from exploration to racing.

Screenrant 2/5

There is a great game buried somewhere in The Falconeer, but it's trapped behind an open-world structure that does it no favors. Every choice beyond the aerial combat seems to backfire in one way or another, and while there are numerous unique enemies with interesting details, they all zoom by the player character at 90 miles an hour, so they go unnoticed. Story beats that sometimes defy fantasy tropes would pop up and intrigue, but there's no connective tissue to string players along. Even the combat isn't fun for long when it's shoved into busywork side missions made for the sole purpose of accruing gold. As a graphical showcase for the new Xbox, The Falconeer may be worth a look, but here's hoping that Thomas Sala can find the time to develop something else in The Great Ursea that takes better advantage of its strengths as a setting.

TechRaptor 7.5/10

The Falconeer is an interesting take on the aerial combat genre putting players in the saddle of large birds and setting off across a flooded world in search of balance between warring factions. While the story and world do feel incomplete the flight combat does a good job of staying entertaining.

I don’t understand. 

I thought there were ZERO exclusive games. 

8 minutes ago, Ry said:

The Medium delayed to Jan 2021. 

I thought it was out next year anyway but there ya go. 

EmJ3NY2X0AMAlba.jpeg

no real surprise - it was out Dec 10th and everything is trying to avoid the juggernaut that is cyberpunk 2077. 

8 minutes ago, cowfields said:

The Falconeer seems to have slipped my attention but it looks like it's worth a go. It might scratch a Rogue Squadron / Starfox itch, feel like there aren't enough flying-y games. There's something very relaxing about soaring, rather than running. 

I can't quite find out concrete info about it being on gamepass or not?

It’s not on gamepass as far as I aware - can be picked up for about £25 though through eBay - it’s linked earlier in the thread. 

12 minutes ago, Freeman said:

It's on PC.

Yeah I guessed but THATS where these tools are going wrong. 

Treating being able to play it on a gaming rig as a bad thing. NO Microsoft unless I can only play that game on your platform I’m going to mark you down for it you bastards. 

The concept of exclusivity is ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Treating being able to play it on a gaming rig as a bad thing. NO Microsoft unless I can only play that game on your platform I’m going to mark you down for it you bastards. 

:) Should be seen as a bonus.... 

2 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

With Xbox Game Studios published games all coming out on PC as well as console, the concept of exclusives is kind of out the window with regards to Xbox, as there won't really be any unless a 3rd party decides to go that route.

Xbox Games on PC, Xbox consoles and Xcloud is the platform in the eyes of Phil Spencer and Microsoft, its just up to the consumer to decide how they want to access it.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S