Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

38 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Who was looking for an S as Argos had Goosed their order? Amazon have them up ATM

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GD9MNZB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_EKMPFbAQKYV8N

No, no, no. I don't need one.

Fingers in my ears. La la la, I'm not listening. 

Must. Stay. Strong.

Also, as an owner (and seller) of an OG Xbox One and two One X consoles I've played everything I want on the format so far.

Opinion on the S is driving me mad. 

Just walking the dog listening to Kindafunny Xcast and Whitta is going on and on about the disappointment of the small SSD on the S. How he hates it because he’s just gonna run out of space and it’s a real sticking point. 

1. It’s not for you fool. It’s for people who have 1080p TVs and only play 3-4 games at a time. 

2. You can easily copy stuff on and off a USB drive really quickly if you absolutely insist on having one and wanting 20

games on hand. Everyone seems to be forgetting to mention this option. 

3. They always talk about games being 100gb+. Most games aren’t. 

It’s just so infuriating hearing influencers not being informed and having hot takes. 

I'm not convinced they'll be worthless. I just sold my S on eBay for £170 (£1 fee). Not everyone is after a Series X/S, and the One S is £249 new, so I'd imagine there will still be people out there wanting an Xbox One.

Would expect prices to drop a bit as loads more are offloaded though.

I expect a lot of One S consoles will simply be retired to kids' bedrooms and younger relatives as owners upgrade. The remake value will drop, but with Game Pass they will remain desirable for households who do not crave cutting edge console gaming.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

You would think but bear in mind you can't trade anything other than games (at GAME) towards a Series.  At CEX you can bring in a whole bunch of crap towards something.

That’s not right. GAME accept consoles too in trade ins. I took

my One X to them for £145 credit a few weeks ago which I used to pay for my Series X.

I ordered a series S from Amazon, let's see if they can supply it. 

Honestly the Series S is the only one that really interested me at this time. I still have a 1080p plasma TV and I have no plans to upgrade any time soon. My PC is old now and I basically would need to drop at least £1000 on a new machine which I simply am not comfortable doing in the current economic situation. 

The Series S will let me play newer games and I simply don't care that it won't be 4k.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

If anyone is looking to sell their one x, cex will give you 155 pounds and play for the postage. I imagine come Tuesday these things will be largely worthless. Iv got mine ready to sell on Monday via this method and the price is guaranteed for 7 days. 

I managed to sell mine on eBay this week for £220.

I'm really pleased that testers seem so pleased with the X hardware. 

It's in in for the long haul and of course the next few years are going to see some stunning games come along with all the studios busy beavering away. It will be fascinating to see how many new games getting developed now switch to launching with S/X versions in addition to the regular Xbox One version and what tools MS have provided them to do so. I do hope it quickly becomes a standard. 

I am so buzzed for Tuesday. I want to play games till then but I almost don't want to as I just feel that I am wasting my time with all that loading! :lol:

45 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

It’s not really night and day, is it? 

I mean it is, half the loading times and it’s not a velocity engine game so not getting the full benefit of the ssd etc. Next gen FH with no loading and splash screens is defi something to look forward to tho!

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I mean it is, half the loading times and it’s not a velocity engine game so not getting the full benefit of the ssd etc. Next gen FH with no loading and splash screens is defi something to look forward to tho!

Mate, I nearly posted exactly this response but I've now put him on ignore and had a cup of tea instead. 

5 minutes ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

Has it been confirmed that Quick Resume isn’t going to work at launch? Giant Bomb were saying that MS had to turn it off after discovering a bug and that it wouldn’t be activated for a while. 

You got a link to that? I can’t see it on their site.