Xbox Series X | S

8 minutes ago, footle said:

The key is that PC is everywhere.

Noticed that. Even the next God Of War has a TBD next to it. Interesting..... Although probably an oversight. Wonder if Sony are actually thinking of moving some upcoming console exclusives onto the PC too. Really will be the best of all worlds. 

41 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Microsoft could take over the entire gaming scene by allowing you to install Windows 10 on the Xbox Series X, it's a high end PC for £449, it wouldn't be worth it with the gimped CPU's in the Xbox One, but the XSS and XSX definitely mean it would be viable.

What do you think it is running on?

4 minutes ago, Plissken said:

What do you think it is running on?

Think Gooner means give it the familair Win 10 front end for when you want to use it as a PC.   I'd be very happy if I could swap out to WIn 10 proper with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse if I fancied playing some PC games or really wanted to get sexy with excel.

8 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Think Gooner means give it the familair Win 10 front end for when you want to use it as a PC.   I'd be very happy if I could swap out to WIn 10 proper with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse if I fancied playing some PC games or really wanted to get sexy with excel.

And then they have to start treating it as a PC and not a consumer device and then nerds start complaining about not being able to mod it to get 3.7% better performance on a Thursday in April.

Seems my Microsoft email was in my Junk folder, in my hotmail account! Think they’d whitelist themselves! Hype! Also Credit Card has a pending, whoo!

I used to think I’d like a w10 front end etc but I don’t think so anymore. I want plug and play with zero hassle. If we have to use a mouse then it’s not a console anymore!

I imagine it would be an enormous headache for not much benefit to them. Not only does it open you up to home brew, piracy and people buying games from other marketplaces, but PC games aren’t really designed to run on the Series X APU, so would probably run horribly without a lot of work from AMD and Microsoft. 

14 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I imagine it would be an enormous headache for not much benefit to them. Not only does it open you up to home brew, piracy and people buying games from other marketplaces, but PC games aren’t really designed to run on the Series X APU, so would probably run horribly without a lot of work from AMD and Microsoft. 

And you’d be massively memory limited with a shared 16GB pool (presumably less than that, because you’d still have the system pool) between the RAM and VRAM. A reasonably high specced gaming PC expects 16GB of RAM and 8GB of VRAM in the first place at the moment.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S