Xbox Series X | S

41 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

Sorry...

Anyone heard anything from Currys about their preorder? Impossible to get through to them and the "My Account" feature to check your order hasn't been working for me for over a week.

Sorry...

I've got a PS5 ordered with Curry's on the My Orders page it just says Order Received and shows my payment minus the 2005 quid discount :lol: nothing more useful than that on it unfortunately, not even an expected date.

26 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

At the beginning of the current gen I bought a few bits from the american store and got the Division from Argentina for about 11p, but as more and more of our gaming gets locked to a digital profile, I'm too nervous to make any purchases that require jumping through hoops, using VPN's or transferring funds to a particular card that doesn't get blocked, all while registered to the British consulate in Istanbul. 

Yeah...all this is to save about £30. Obviously that's not an insignificant amount of money but with Game Pass I probably won't be buying that many games anyway and it feels like such a ballache to deal with this. 

Part of the problem here is all this Ryanair style upselling of content. Dirt Rally 2.0 on its own is barely a game, but GOTY adds enough tracks to make it worth the money, but that's a premium on top so you just feel a bit robbed at full RRP.

I see Yakuza like a dragon (which I want for launch I think) adds £20 for - as far as I can see - a bunch of cosmetic stuff, like being able to transform into Gene Simmons, so entirely skippable, but it's confusing what you get as an extra and it just leads to this idea of wanting to game the publisher back a bit by getting shit cheaper so as not to miss out.

It's a sorry state of affairs really but it's not changing any time soon - I just have to resist my natural urge to upsell myself on shit like this.

36 minutes ago, cowfields said:

Yeah...all this is to save about £30. Obviously that's not an insignificant amount of money but with Game Pass I probably won't be buying that many games anyway and it feels like such a ballache to deal with this. 

Part of the problem here is all this Ryanair style upselling of content. Dirt Rally 2.0 on its own is barely a game, but GOTY adds enough tracks to make it worth the money, but that's a premium on top so you just feel a bit robbed at full RRP.

I see Yakuza like a dragon (which I want for launch I think) adds £20 for - as far as I can see - a bunch of cosmetic stuff, like being able to transform into Gene Simmons, so entirely skippable, but it's confusing what you get as an extra and it just leads to this idea of wanting to game the publisher back a bit by getting shit cheaper so as not to miss out.

It's a sorry state of affairs really but it's not changing any time soon - I just have to resist my natural urge to upsell myself on shit like this.

Yakuza like a Dragon is roughly half the price on the Mexico store. You should be able to find Mexican credit quite easily.

I've definitely spent a lot more money on games since going down the buying from foreign stores route. There's no way I'd pay more than 40 quid for a new release digitally. Microsoft are gaining from me; the publishers more on a case by case basis.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

I got confirmation on my S (for my son's xmas present so super important!) last night about 8pm so looks like they are working through them.

Tells me it is DHL delivery on 10th.

So I can cancel my backup S order with Amazon just leaving me with my X order on Amazon to go smoothly!

EDIT - On the website the order details still say sit tight though and no delivery date confirmation - only on the email!

EDIT 2 - The email comes from important_information@mail.argos.co.uk just incase it is in your spam trap :D

cheers, will keep an eye out for it.

I also have a backup order with Amazon for the S.  Since the moment it was placed it has always said it's arriving on Wednesday 11th though, possibly because I selected my local click & collect locker instead of home delivery (it's outside a station, though, so no retail-closure issues with it).  Will be interesting to see which arrives first - I am neither ruling out Amazon delivering to the locker on launch day, nor failing to deliver entirely!

Just had an email from game and another from Klarna...

Hi Andy 

Good news! We just wanted to let you know that we are now starting to process your pre-order and it will be dispatched the day before release via the delivery method below. 

:omg:

15 minutes ago, artz said:

I have convinced her indoors that the Series S will be better value than the Apple TV, and now she's pressuring to get one!

Time to raise the stakes. If you play this right, you'll have a 77" Oled and a Series X by Christmas. 

22 minutes ago, artz said:

I have convinced her indoors that the Series S will be better value than the Apple TV, and now she's pressuring to get one!

Show her the price difference between digital games and buying then selling the disc version and how a Series X will save you money within a few months!

2 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Show her the price difference between digital games and buying then selling the disc version and how a Series X will save you money within a few months!

And you'd be able to get rid of a the DVD/Bluray player too!

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

30fps on x

But at 4k. No performance mode? Odd, it's a nice-looking game, but it's not that good looking. I'd have thought the One X could do 1080p60 without breaking a sweat. And to be honest I'd expect the Series S to do 1440p60 on SoT without breaking a sweat. Odd that it can't.

Just now, Thor said:

But at 4k. No performance mode? Odd, it's a nice-looking game, but it's not that good looking. I'd have thought the One X could do 1080p60 without breaking a sweat. And to be honest I'd expect the Series S to do 1440p60 on SoT without breaking a sweat. Odd that it can't.

In the future more games made with the S in mind will hit 1440p I think. Different architecture makes it a bit more difficult. 

*I'm solely basing this on what some more technically minded people are Resetera said :)

18 minutes ago, Ry said:

God news, always wanted to get into this. Hopefully there is some kinda single player mode. 

You'll need a crew, SOT and single players are not good shipmates. 

Sea of Thieves is a beautiful game though, mainly the, err, sea, less so the characters. I'm not sure how much benefit it'll get from 60fps, but I'll take a look for sure.

2 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Is that a genuine concern? :)

Haha, I wondered if someone was going to say that. Let me go all-in on this ;) ...

If had a Series S pre-order now, I would be genuinely concerned. The console was marketed as doing everything the X can do, just at the lower res of 1440p, not 1080p.

26 minutes ago, Thor said:

Amazing that you're able to determine performance targets just by looking at games. 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S