Xbox Series X | S

16 minutes ago, Clipper said:

I am on web chat now and they are saying there is a problem with redeeming codes. Mine said it was redeeming then failed in some way then said already redeemed.

they say they can see it redeemed but did not activate and they are sorting a replacement code - not sure how that will work if code redemption is broken :-D 

Exactly what happened to me with the two codes I bought this morning. Seemed like it was going through okay and then wham, code already redeemed. They advised me it was applied, I said I couldn't see it online, they went away for a few minutes and then it was fixed.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

I've got Stock Informer set up but they go so quickly it doesn't even register on there.

Sorry man, when I saw it, I clicked through,  made sure I could add it to my basket and rushed here to share. ...but not the link. If I see it again, I'll copy and paste too. 

48 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I stopped using CDKeys when they randomly stopped one of my orders (using PayPal) citing the need for a security check (despite using them for ages with no problems) and asking me to send them scans of my driving license and passport and stuff, basically everything you'd need if Clippy asked you 'It looks like you want to steal someone's identity?'

Never had this problem. Sometimes they do put your order up for security verification but mine always clear after 1-8 hours without any need to do anything on my side. 

1 hour ago, FiveFootNinja said:

DF's unboxing video said there was no free codes with the Series X so I don't think so.

I thought microsoft didn't include physical codes anymore. It's all digital and tied to the console, so if you set up your Xbox, anything that machine is entitled to will redeem during setup.

If you create a new account you'll be given your chance to 1 / 3 months subscriptions. If it's a console with free games, those games will be offered as redeemables during setup.

2 hours ago, rafaqat said:

I will always go amazon.  They're reliable for me and if hardware has ever even shown the slightest hint of not being 100% they've tended to knock 40-50 quid off with no argument  They'll always be my first choice until they fuck up something.  :)

Or you buy from me second hand! 

2 hours ago, Clipper said:

Well I just bought a 12 month gold code from shopto and it says already redeemed!

I've got an Xbox Live code that I bought from ShopTo. I haven't redeemed it yet because I'm saving it to do at Christmas when I open my XSX.

10 minutes ago, gospvg said:

I'm out for now, after watching the DF Gears 5 video I'm going to wait and pick up an Series X next year instead of a Series S. Enjoy your new consoles everyone.

I've just installed GoW 5 on my PC going to play through it this week. Looks lovely. Even at 1440p60fps :)

Hopefully the campaign is OK. Looks like I started it last year but never finished it for some reason....

I'll see how everything pans out with the new consoles until next year. Think my monitor only supports 4K@60hz anyway so guessing won't get much benefit from 120fps mode on the series X.

Where do people buy digital games from these days then? If CD Keys / G2A are dodgy - are people just paying the Microsoft direct prices?

For example, I really want Dirt Rally 2.0 but it seems weirdly hard to get hold of a key at a cheaper rate, and £50 odd for the GOTY version feels really expensive for something that was once on Game Pass and is an older game. I don't want a disc version, because Dirt Rally 1 is one of those games I kept going back to for a quick burst every now and then so I think having to check the disc is in will negate that. 

So I might just cave in and buy it, or not buy it and hope that Forza scratches the same itch (but I always loved sliding around).

I find it quite irritating that plastic physical copies are cheap and digital is expensive. I kinda get why - they can control RRP on the latter and the former is dead stock for retailers. But all the same, it's frustrating. I really don't understand these digital code places, they don't seem to be official vendors but where are they getting legit keys from? Either MS want to work with them or they don't - I'd rather buy direct, but oof I thought Nintendo first party games were bad at holding RRP digitally.

There has been a lot of people had issues with buying codes off of them (CD Keys) since the first lockdown. Not sending codes, refusing refunds etc. Takes away the trust in them I once had.

I don't mind if a supplier has issues it happens on occasion as long as they show competence in fixing/resolving the situation.

16 minutes ago, cowfields said:

Where do people buy digital games from these days then? If CD Keys / G2A are dodgy - are people just paying the Microsoft direct prices?

For example, I really want Dirt Rally 2.0 but it seems weirdly hard to get hold of a key at a cheaper rate, and £50 odd for the GOTY version feels really expensive for something that was once on Game Pass and is an older game. I don't want a disc version, because Dirt Rally 1 is one of those games I kept going back to for a quick burst every now and then so I think having to check the disc is in will negate that. 

So I might just cave in and buy it, or not buy it and hope that Forza scratches the same itch (but I always loved sliding around).

I find it quite irritating that plastic physical copies are cheap and digital is expensive. I kinda get why - they can control RRP on the latter and the former is dead stock for retailers. But all the same, it's frustrating. I really don't understand these digital code places, they don't seem to be official vendors but where are they getting legit keys from? Either MS want to work with them or they don't - I'd rather buy direct, but oof I thought Nintendo first party games were bad at holding RRP digitally.

Most of my digital purchases are often impulse buys from the various sales that are run on the Store on a weekly basis. I usually find something I want and the discounts are often sufficient enough for me to commit.

58 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

I thought microsoft didn't include physical codes anymore. It's all digital and tied to the console, so if you set up your Xbox, anything that machine is entitled to will redeem during setup.

If you create a new account you'll be given your chance to 1 / 3 months subscriptions. If it's a console with free games, those games will be offered as redeemables during setup.

Oh cool, maybe then. It was just Leadbetter made a comment something along the lines of "there is no sign of a trial" (code and/or something to say you would get one) but it could be wrong. I mean I'd be surprised if they didn't give everyone a month of GPU just to get them in to see for themselves what you get for it.

4 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

There has been a lot of people had issues with buying codes off of them (CD Keys) since the first lockdown. Not sending codes, refusing refunds etc. Takes away the trust in them I once had.

I don't mind if a supplier has issues it happens on occasion as long as they show competence in fixing/resolving the situation.

Good to know thanks for the heads up! Not used them for a bit.... 

32 minutes ago, cowfields said:

I buy from Microsoft direct, but I do it on the web browser via TopCashback. It's usually around 7% cashback.

27 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Not sure when CDkeys became dodgy. Bought lots of content off them without issue. For Switch/Xbox and PC.

Although last 3 or so months just picked stuff up from the steam sales and used GamePass.

Started earlier this year when they launched their new site. I noticed it in previous months with the affiliate dashboard. They would "miss" payments, or lots of valid tracks would suddenly become invalid just before payout. Then the new site launched and I started seeing more posts from people around here and on my facebook pages saying codes weren't arriving, or wouldn't work & that support was super slow to respond. I then started seeing stuff where people bought a Nintendo Switch game / credit. A couple of days later their accounts would get hit for fraud / theft. It seems it was the codes had been aquired illegally by CDKeys or their suppliers.

24 minutes ago, cowfields said:

I'd generally wait for a sale and combine that with buying discounted credit rather than codes for specific games, although I don't have a reliable source on Xbox. (ShopTo are great for PSN credit, as you can always get 15% more for your money.)

If you have a PS4 – or intend to get a PS5 – Dirt Rally 2.0: GOTY Edition is currently under £10 on PSN with Plus. Alternatively it looks like it crops up in Xbox sales fairly regularly, albeit for not quiet as cheap; if you make use of that website they can e-mail you when it next goes on sale.

45 minutes ago, cowfields said:

I buy mainly from foreign stores. You can usually save a reasonable amount.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic