Xbox Series X | S

2 hours ago, klargon said:

I want to apply my amazon gift balance to my order, but am hesitant for similar reasons.

Don't do this! I did this before (I think for Switch) and it moved me to the back of the queue.

Customer support might be able to do it for you without resetting the order but I honestly think that would depend on who you got.

10 minutes ago, Alshie said:

Don't do this! I did this before (I think for Switch) and it moved me to the back of the queue.

Customer support might be able to do it for you without resetting the order but I honestly think that would depend on who you got.

Surely the queue is irrelevant if they've just sold their allocation? 

I just checked my Argos pre-order on the site and my street name is missing from the delivery address, it's just got my house number. Is that just a bug on the site? I vaguely remember seeing someone else mention that....? Is Chris Eubank going to know my street from the postcode and house number?!

Why did I even look... :doh:

I’ve cancelled my Series X pre order :unsure:! It was just too expensive to get both the consoles day one even though I really want one, it’ll have to be next years big purchase.   

Will still be checking in here to see the genuine concerns pile up though! And to get envious as you unbox your new toys next week. 

21 minutes ago, Alshie said:

Oh dear, I did this a few weeks ago.

Well, hopefully if they have only sold their allocation then, like others have, said it doesn't really matter. 

7 minutes ago, Madness said:

I’ve cancelled my Series X pre order :unsure:! It was just too expensive to get both the consoles day one even though I really want one, it’ll have to be next years big purchase.   

Will still be checking in here to see the genuine concerns pile up though! And to get envious as you unbox your new toys next week. 

Should have offered it to someone else on the forum

10 minutes ago, McCoy said:

Oh dear, I did this a few weeks ago.

Well, hopefully if they have only sold their allocation then, like others have, said it doesn't really matter. 

I did the same. Still says arriving on the tenth. If back of the queue means at 9:45pm then that’s kind of what I expected anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Madness said:

I would have done but I’m a big old ball of anxiety and would have spent the next week worrying about the transaction going wrong, or the Xbox turning up faulty and having to act as a middleman between the forumite and Amazon, or a million other highly unlikely scenarios. 

Yeah that's understandable, hopefully a gamer somewhere will pick up your allocation.

1 hour ago, Flub said:

Presumably there'll be more to talk about on Thursday when the stupid fucking embargo ends.

I don't expect much today and tomorrow. All media attention will be for the US elections and results. Even Thursday looks like a difficult day to grab headlines if you ask me. 

2 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

I don't expect much today and tomorrow. All media attention will be for the US elections and results. Even Thursday looks like a difficult day to grab headlines if you ask me. 

I pretty much just want to see more stuff running in BC (And Valhalla but I don't think that embargo is up until next week). I'm sure DF have videos ready to go at least.

25 minutes ago, Plissken said:

If Chris Eubank turned up at my door my first reaction would be to hope that I hadn't said anything nasty about him on Twitter.

'An absolutely stupendous video games console' is what I would hope he says upon delivery. 

From that Gears 5 video:

-Still using dynamic resolution scaling, averaging 1720p in normal gameplay. Bottom is still 1080p, but rare for Series X to go that low.
-MP has more aggressive DRS as runs at 120fps
-Series S mode will max out at 1440p (lower bound of 720p). No footage, though.
-Generally looks good at lower resolutions anyway, due to good temporal wotnot in UE5.
-Screen space reflections and other settings all bumped up
-Doesn't make use of Velocity Architecture, but big difference to loading times. 45s on One X to <10s on Series X.
-Some new features not currently in PC version, like screen space global illumination.
-Variable rate shading implemented. All this means to us is better performance.
-Noticable reduction in input lag
-Framerate has a known bug causing minor stutter in SP. Fix on the way. Rock solid 120fps in MP.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S