Xbox Series X | S

48 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah funny how the people interested in a Series X feel better about their pre-order than Series S people.

The S is also a huge upgrade on the One fwiw. 

If you don't have a 4k TV I don't think it's a huge sacrifice. The lack of disc drive is what would give me pause but for the price I don't think you can go wrong as long as you can afford it. 

1 hour ago, Yiggy said:

The only thing I’ll say is I worry that people will expect too much of it and will basically be comparing it to the £360 PS5 when it’s not gonna be that. It essentially is a gimped machine, but targeted at an audience who can live within its limitations. 

But... isn't the S as capable as the X, but at a lower resolution? Therefore, wouldn't it do PS5 stuff but at a lower resolution? 

It's not gimped, it's targeting a different resolution with the same fidelity. Semantics? I dunno. 

Getting a nice gentle build up of pre-launch anxiety. Ordered via Microsoft and I didn't get that email the other day and I haven't been charged yet. WHY HAVEN'T THEY TAKEN MY MONEY NEEDLESSLY EARLY?!? 

Still showing on my account though. Perhaps the difference is because I'm paying by PayPal..? Fuck knows, but the not knowing is doing my head in a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Jolly said:

Getting a nice gentle build up of pre-launch anxiety. Ordered via Microsoft and I didn't get that email the other day and I haven't been charged yet. WHY HAVEN'T THEY TAKEN MY MONEY NEEDLESSLY EARLY?!? 

Still showing on my account though. Perhaps the difference is because I'm paying by PayPal..? Fuck knows, but the not knowing is doing my head in a bit. 

Same here with PayPal with them. But if you check your PayPal account you'll see a pre-authorisation for the money and I'm fairly certain that will be it until the final transaction when they send it.

I skipped the Xbox this generation, so for me the S is perfect for the kids to carry on playing the 360 games they enjoy and for me to play games I’ve missed especially Forza.

I've been wobbling on my S pre-order for the simple reason I still don't know, despite it being fundamentally more powerful, how much of an improvement over my One X it is in real, actual, factual terms. We can throw flibberdyflops and GPU stats about as much as we want, but if a game is locked to 30 when the One X version has a 60 performs mode what's the point?

Fortunately so far the examples I've noticed of this are getting a Series smart delivery upgrade but the fact that One X versions of One games don't solely mean 4K textures just had me wavering. 

I can always long distance selling regs it and wait for an X to appear if anything transpires in the next week that convinces me to change from my S. If nothing does I'll just roll the dice on the S and see what happens.

In other news related to the Series X launch but possibly more dull than TV cabinet chat, I've gathered up all my rechargeable AA batteries - which seemed to be all over the house - and have given them all a charge. I've got about 18 spare and charged.

I don't expect the controller to turn over that many - but hey our thermostat, cat-flap, hifi remote, wife's wireless mouse, kitchen scales and a fly swatter all use AAs so I'm not getting complacent.

has anyone heard from game re the all access pre-orders that were done online (been watching mine like a hawk  in my game account but nothing has changed) since others who have bought out right online are getting now packing etc.. emails 

(not that i dont trust game.......  but until the xbox is in my hand next week ive still a sinking feeling at the back of my mind that im going to get oh yeah sorry should have prob told you sooner, but we cant send your xbox for first wave email...) 

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

We'll still be waiting for DPD Dave in his van to turn up.

Indeed! I’ll be popping out to GAME to collect my Series X on the day about 9:30am but will have to wait until 5pm (after work) before I can start to set up. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Longest week ever!

I don't know - there's a fair few distractions this week to keep us going - US election and Lockdown 2: Electric Avenue (at least in England) should keep a lot of us busy. 

49 minutes ago, papalazarou said:

has anyone heard from game re the all access pre-orders that were done online (been watching mine like a hawk  in my game account but nothing has changed) since others who have bought out right online are getting now packing etc.. emails 

(not that i dont trust game.......  but until the xbox is in my hand next week ive still a sinking feeling at the back of my mind that im going to get oh yeah sorry should have prob told you sooner, but we cant send your xbox for first wave email...) 

Not since the email they sent out the other day to confirm we are not going to be charged the full whack. But my original email from September confirms they’ll send out the tracking details closer to the date, that it’s coming on launch day and it’ll be delivered by Royal Mail tracked. 

Keep the faith!

18 minutes ago, Popo said:

Not since the email they sent out the other day to confirm we are not going to be charged the full whack. But my original email from September confirms they’ll send out the tracking details closer to the date, that it’s coming on launch day and it’ll be delivered by Royal Mail tracked. 

Keep the faith!

Yeah trying to :-)