Xbox Series X | S

1 hour ago, Flub said:

The Witcher 3 got a patch for the One X to allow the rez/fps to hit 4k/60 didn't it? That'll be interesting to see on the Series X

It was 4K/30 or 1080/60 - it's not hit 4k/60 yet on console.

Presumably the next gen patch will also increase the NPC density of the towns and villages to PC levels which is what was really missed from the console versions along with all the snazzy lighting effects and shadows etc.

1 minute ago, Plissken said:

Actually, that's a thing isn't it?  I've got some wireless headphones but you can't actually connect them to the XBox (One or Series S/X) without them being on some kind of approved list, can you?

Not sure. I do know the Arctic 7’s are full on wireless with the Series X and a dongle though. 

18 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Series S, so it's only a McVities Chocolate Digestive.

Series X owners get a packet of chocolate Hobnobs.

We need to consider this more scientifically.

The Series S is a custard cream. Series X is a bourbon.

The PS5 is one of those giant novelty Jaffa Cakes.

2 hours ago, Flub said:

The Witcher 3 got a patch for the One X to allow the rez/fps to hit 4k/60 didn't it? That'll be interesting to see on the Series X

A 4k/30 mode and a performance mode at 60FPS with - and this is the key bit - dynamic resolution up to 4k. If I understood correctly. Which should mean solid 4k/60 on XsX :D

More importantly, this also bodes extremely well for Cyberpunk in BC mode. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

More importantly, this also bodes extremely well for Cyberpunk in BC mode. 

That's quite interesting, it could be better to play the Xbox one version on Series consoles for higher framerates.  Maybe we all need to hang onto our old consoles so we can work around Smart Delivery!

5 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

That's quite interesting, it could be better to play the Xbox one version on Series consoles for higher framerates.  Maybe we all need to hang onto our old consoles so we can work around Smart Delivery!

Whenever the proper nextgen version of Cyberpunk turns up it will most likely also have a performance mode, so I don't think you need to go that far. It's just very good news for us impatient types who can't wait for the next gen version, if Cyberpunk current gen runs at 4k/60 on XsX.

2 hours ago, Plissken said:

What it is actually saying is "I just spent £250 and now I need people to give me validation for doing it."  Grow some bloody balls - either you want the thing or you don't.  Don't buy something consumer and then expect some kind of praise for doing so.  You've just bought one of the three most powerful consoles in the world.  What more do people want?  A sodding biscuit?

Biscuits aside your post is nonsense. It's hardly a new concept that people putting money down on something speculatively months in advance would be interested in some of the details about what that thing can do in the run up to it coming out, especially as so far it's been heavily embargoed beyond just looking at it (and as a proposition for relatively serious gamers is a bit of a gamble). I'm also baffled why you would have any sort of problem with someone wanting that information, especially on a forum thread specifically about said thing. It's got nothing to do with validation, balls and/or praise.

In fact didn't you just a couple of days ago post something questioning which Xbox was the better one to go for? I don't remember people saying to you "just grow some balls and make your own decision".

I honestly don't know how a throw away comment about a review date ended up here, but ultimately I hope that you - and everyone else - gets a lot of fun out of whichever console they end up with regardless of the size of their balls. This is supposed to be the time people get excited about these things.

Generally you should never buy something for what it promises to be months down the line. So if you can't see what it will bring you in the immediate future you should cancel. For me the series x is an immediate huge improvement over my current original bone at a decent price. 

This approach is new and I don't think we can fully wrap our heads around it, especially off the back of a normal / pro gen. They've surely thrown guff at both models and have tweaked the platform to be purely down to choice of resolution. They're going to bomb their services if that's not how it pans out long term.

Understandable that folks have reservations on a $299 vision, though. 

I think those getting an S will get really nice machine. There are already devs saying that  it is considerably better than an X performance wise (Gears tactics devs a few pages back) when running in comparative resolutions. And that without the improved loading and the likes of the quick resume adding to the experience. It would be nice to get confirmations of this from the real world of course but I can’t believe MS would fuck this up as it’s a key part of their strategy. 

The only thing I’ll say is I worry that people will expect too much of it and will basically be comparing it to the £360 PS5 when it’s not gonna be that. It essentially is a gimped machine, but targeted at an audience who can live within its limitations. 

Its such good value though. It opens up slick games experience to so many more people. 

As launch arrives im getting a bit of buyers remorce. I have a one x and it plays any game I want really well and there's nothing at launch I really want for the series x. I often find I load up Gamepass then just can't be arsed playing anything on it. 

I just have that bad feeling that once it arrives il regret purchasing it. 

But I want that new launch day feeling! 

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

As launch arrives im getting a bit of buyers remove. I have a one x and it plays any game I want really well and there's nothing at launch I really want for the series x. I often find I load up Gamepass then just can't be arsed playing anything on it. 

I just have that bad feeling that once it arrives il regret purchasing it. 

But I want that new launch day feeling! 

Sounds like you’re having a downer on games. I get that a lot. I go through stages of loving gaming and then stages where I don’t feel like playing anything. I just know with a next gen machine that at least I’ve got the tools to enjoy it the best way when I’m in the mood!