Xbox Series X | S

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

So I've barely touched the One this generation, but game pass is appealing enough to draw me in to get an X this time round. Does the new controller have gyro controls? That seems standard by now.

Wouldn’t you be better getting GP to see if you use the One more before investing more in an X, that you still might not use?

4 minutes ago, marc2j said:

Microsoft just took the payment for my SSD. Absolutely buzzing for the 10th. Huge enjoying being an RLLMer as well....

Huh huh! Things are happening now! Plus we have @Darren to count us down to release which always puts a smile on my face.:D 

12 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Wouldn’t you be better getting GP to see if you use the One more before investing more in an X, that you still might not use?

Probably! But I'm struggling with lockdown and want to treat myself. Especially as I don't have a One X, or a Pro but I do have a 4k TV.

I only used my One for exclusives this gen (and it was totally worth it for that - forza, outer wilds, Ori, Cuphead, Quantum Break) but this gen I suspect, the PS5 will be for exclusives and most third party stuff I'll play on Xbox.

I've had GP before, and it's great. I just paused it because I knew I was focusing on Switch and PS4 games.

I'm preposterously excited to get the X (and the PS5) - I'm a teacher and loathing what lockdown teaching will be like, and I really, really need something to make being trapped at home new and special.

30 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

My word. This is case in point why I do not want to be a PC gamer - an absurd level of settings to change to get the 'most optimal' experience. Awful.

On the flipside, you get to be smug on the Internet after paying twice as much for hardware that does the same job as the ps5 and series x (under ideal conditions, once you have the settings right, not that you'll be playing anything in between tweaking graphics settings). 

11 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I'm preposterously excited to get the X (and the PS5) - I'm a teacher and loathing what lockdown teaching will be like, and I really, really need something to make being trapped at home new and special.

Do it :D

Spoiler

Get a PS5 though, nothing will bring you joy like Astro Bot, ssshhh don’t tell anyone I said that in here.

Spoiler

I decided to put money away at the launch of the pro and one x instead of getting them. So I'm getting both....... :blink2:

EDIT: in my defence, my birthday is right by xmas, so if its not, now, I'm waiting a whole year and/or coming to my senses.

Gaming connects us even in the most difficult of times. In a year that’s consistently thrown challenge and change our way, games told us new stories, enriched our lives, and brought us together across physical and social distances. Your actions in games showed the power of play and the imaginative feats we can accomplish together.

To honor the launch of the new Xbox generation, we invite you to celebrate this power of play with us. On November 10, we invite you, players of all identities and backgrounds, console generations and devices, skill sets and tastes, to celebrate, connect, and play together. We invite you to grab your device of choice and play alongside Team Xbox, your favorite creators, and our partners, right from your homes around the world. We invite you to take a glimpse behind-the-scenes of the next generation of games, hear the stories of people who make them, and play along with them. We invite you to tune in to our global livestream in celebration of play on November 10 at 11 a.m. PT / 2 p.m. ET on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook Gaming.

Think of our livestream celebration as a companion to your gaming plans for the day.  We’ll host “Let’s Play” segments with the creators, showcase special launch highlights from around the globe and harness the power of gaming to raise vital funds for great causes. This will be a moment of play, not press releases, as next generation consoles begin to land in the hands of players around the world. Instead of big announcements, we will mark the beginning of a new era by gaming alongside one another. We will take this moment to have some fun and look forward to having you join us.

November 10 marks a formative moment, the very beginning of the new generation of play.

You will be able to experience many of its benefits right away – like the incredible look and feel of movement at 120fps, faster load times, richer gaming libraries, the mobile reach of cloud gaming, and new unforgettable game experiences. As creators tap into the power of the new Xbox console generation over the next decade, you will see gaming shake free from its former limits. Unique custom-designed innovations will make Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S highly coveted this holiday season, and we are working hard with partners around the world to bring as many new consoles to as many players as possible over time.

With the goal of empowering everyone to join this new generation and experience the power of play everywhere on the planet, gaming with Xbox will transform throughout the next decade as our investments across content, console, cloud gaming and PC evolve in harmony – with each other and with what players want. For the gaming industry, there’s no better measure of success than more people playing, and more players discovering games they love.

I can’t wait to celebrate with you on November 10, and I’m looking forward to experiencing what we will all create through play.

See you on Xbox soon.

Phil

:sealclap:

I remember the One X launch and DPD Phil taking the absolute piss, following him using their tracker on the website the delivery route appeared to have been scribbled by a monkey with a crayon. Passed within 300 metres of my house but then went to an entirely different postcode altogether.

I was in two minds to jump in the car and just drive to where he was and ask for it but didn't know if he would sign it over plus didn't want to appear too desperate.

He turned up at 7:45 in the end, looked absolutely shattered.

Anyone who what courier Curry's use?

Can’t believe there’s still a week left. It’s gonna crawl. 

I’ve copied all my stuff over to my external drive in prep. Not sure there’s a lot else I can do. 

Guess I’m gonna have to play some games on this piece of shit. 

I’ve just checked and my Game order is being delivered Royal Mail tracked, which is not bad. Annoyingly, my order isn’t associated with my existing Game login and I’m not sure if it can be - there’s a link in the email they sent back in September but it takes me to a registration page only. I’d like to be able to add more delivery instructions as my place is notoriously difficult to find and access and I want to do everything in my power to limit the risk that the postie will fuck it up - I haven’t taken delivery of a package from Royal Mail in month, they always leave the ‘sorry we missed you’ card - even when we’re in!

So what are our predictions for umbongo lifts and news this week? 

Full previews? 

More in depth looks at the release day games?

Final surprises? 
Final acquisition announcements by MS? 

I want a steady stream of excitement this week to get me through it. 

2 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

I remember the One X launch and DPD Phil taking the absolute piss, following him using their tracker on the website the delivery route appeared to have been scribbled by a monkey with a crayon. Passed within 300 metres of my house but then went to an entirely different postcode altogether.

I was in two minds to jump in the car and just drive to where he was and ask for it but didn't know if he would sign it over plus didn't want to appear too desperate.

He turned up at 7:45 in the end, looked absolutely shattered.

Anyone who what courier Curry's use?

currys use DPD and it will be in a bag so don’t expect to get it with the box in decent shape :( 

2 minutes ago, denisb said:

currys use DPD and it will be in a bag so don’t expect to get it with the box in decent shape :( 

The box condition usually wouldn’t be a concern but the Xbox X’s box looked quite nice in the unboxing vids.

As long as the console isn’t in pieces then it’s all good

10 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Some tech analysis of the S for one, previews of the launch window titles in full and hopefully a surprise announcement on some upcoming titles. 

From what I understand there will be a full embargo lift for Xbox come Tuesday. Which means we should see hardware reviews of both S|X, game reviews, possibly game comparisons between Dirt 5, Devil May Cry 5, Valhalla, and Watch Dogs running on both platforms if Sony's embargos also lift (which I don't expect to be honest). 

We already know that Sea of Thieves, Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 in their optimized forms are available to reviewers, so I would expect to see more of those as well. Furthermore, I suppose the full BC catalog will be available for scrutiny. I hope to learn which games will support Microsoft's frame doubling wizardry. 

We might also learn who will be the US president for the next 4 years. Or not. 

31 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

From what I understand there will be a full embargo lift for Xbox come Tuesday. Which means we should see hardware reviews of both S|X, game reviews, possibly game comparisons between Dirt 5, Devil May Cry 5, Valhalla, and Watch Dogs running on both platforms if Sony's embargos also lift (which I don't expect to be honest). 

We already know that Sea of Thieves, Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 in their optimized forms are available to reviewers, so I would expect to see more of those as well. Furthermore, I suppose the full BC catalog will be available for scrutiny. I hope to learn which games will support Microsoft's frame doubling wizardry. 

We might also learn who will be the US president for the next 4 years. Or not. 

why would you lift an embargo till Thursday? Tuesday and Wednesday are days where the whole media, gaming included, will only be focused on one thing.

The way things are looking, Tuesday will probably be the last day until December when the news isn’t completely consumed by the election.

Edit - Off-topic talk:

Spoiler

In US elections in general, mail in and early votes lean more democrat than republican. This has only intensified now that staying at home to avoid COVID has become a partisan issue. In most states the early and mail-in votes only start to get counted on Election Day. As a result it is extremely likely that the tallies on election night, which are mostly in person votes, will massively endorse Trump, whatever the voters actually want overall.

Trump has repeatedly stated that he wants the election decided by the end of the day so for the next 5 weeks you can probably look forward to a battle between Republicans wanting him declared President immediately and Democrats insisting that the votes have to actually be counted.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic