Xbox Series X | S

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 9 days to go

They said they'd charge "up to 10 days before shipping", so I wouldn't worry about it. Makes sense for them to spread the processing load.

I had to phone up Microsoft support to get them to use my Store balance on my order, which was a little ridiculous, but I paid for my Series X yesterday. Must've saved close to £100 via Rewards and buying discounted currency cards, so worthwhile if you can be bothered with the faff.

Quick prep question. 

I plan on moving the One X into my sons room. If I want to share my game pass and purchases with him would I have to set his One X as the Home console? 

If so what happens if he logs in to the series X downstairs? Would he be able to play anything? 

Help me dads!

Edit : Just found out about home sharing and I think it does sound similar to the above. Any thoughts or problems still appreciated. 

Do we actually know if series X will feature it? Assume it will. Main problem is that it needs an internet connection for you to access your library and others can’t login to my living room machine and access he games. That’s a problem for my daughter! Guess I would have to pay for a sub each. 

19 minutes ago, Ferine said:

I'm a little surprised Microsoft don't have a family sharing tier for subscriptions

They did but closed it down in 2013. The 'Xbox Live Gold Family Pack' was great value as it could be used by 4 family members and less than two Xbox Live Gold subs.

11 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

So I've barely touched the One this generation, but game pass is appealing enough to draw me in to get an X this time round. Does the new controller have gyro controls? That seems standard by now.

No. It’s got slight ergonomic improvements with the ‘extras’ being rumble triggers and a share button. No bells and whistles. Just a solid controller. 

With sticks in the right places. ;)

29 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

No. It’s got slight ergonomic improvements with the ‘extras’ being rumble triggers and a share button. No bells and whistles. Just a solid controller. 

With sticks in the right places. ;)

Ah that's a shame. The switch really sold me on motion controls to fine tune aim and the like (although doesn't work if you invert y, then feels awful). It really, really works.

I agree with the control stick placement, but a <->b and x <->y button switch-a-roo are unforgivable, eternal sin of microsoft.

19 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I agree with the control stick placement, but a <->b and x <->y button switch-a-roo are unforgivable, eternal sin of microsoft.

That was not Microsoft, that was Sega with the Dreamcast. Xbox just followed their correct example

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic