Xbox Series X | S

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

Eh? I love boss battles!

Well not my bag anymore... :) Well except in the old Zelda games quite enjoyed those I guess. Just feels very old school gameplay - which I guess it is really. Not a criticism of the game more of things that I feel are tired for me these days... 

5 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Clever idea. If you own a series x mini fridge you won't have room for a PS5. 

Good point. 

And if you own a ps5 you won't have room for any other console ever.

:sherlock:

4 hours ago, Majora said:

The X button on my two month old Elite series 2 controller is getting a bit sticky. This after the rubber grips on my OG elite controller came away after about two years. 

I do really like the Elite controllers but the QC on them is awful considering how much they cost. 

The warranty on the Elite 2 has been extended to a year if you didn’t already know @Majora

2 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Yeah. Ori 2 is not as good as the first. It's got too many shitty fetch quests and collectathons. 

Hollow Knight is the best metroidvania in decades anyway. 

I loved Hollow Knight until I just got stuck, it’s been so long now that I’ve forgotten what I had done so it would be a good time to start again on a new console I guess... if only it was on gamepass!

I did the same with Ori, when I looked at my previous purchases on Xbox I bought it on Christmas Day 2015 and at some point not far in hit a wall looking at achievements but I’ve been playing it in Switch the past couple of months and loving it!

I really need to get into Hollow Knight. I love Metroidvania games but I uninstalled it after about an hour as the art style did nothing for me. 

44 minutes ago, Pob said:

The warranty on the Elite 2 has been extended to a year if you didn’t already know @Majora

Yeah I saw cheers, will probably send it off to MS if it gets any worse. Would definitely pause before buying another one sadly though.

Trading Standards has never been a set amount of time, it's always been "reasonable amount of time". That was under the sale of goods act. I haven't worked in retail for a a long time so I don't know if they changed anything with EU rulings or anything in the last decade.

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

A £100+ pad would absolutely be the responsibility of the vendor because 2 months isn't even vaguely a reasonable amount of time for a pad that expensive to show fault in.

Yeah, it was from Amazon who are usually really good with stuff like this so might just see if they'll send me a replacement. The X button isn't sticking really badly but enough that it doesn't feel nice to press compared to all the other buttons. Will likely only get worse over time too.

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Trading Standards has never been a set amount of time, it's always been "reasonable amount of time". That was under the sale of goods act. I haven't worked in retail for a a long time so I don't know if they changed anything with EU rulings or anything in the last decade.

Nothing has changed. UK Statutory rights still say that its a reasonable amount of time. For something like that its probably 4-5 years. 

Manufacturer specific guarantees are just marketing and add to your legal rights. Makes it a little easier in the first year or 2 as well. 

Tell you what. The glowing reports of the DualSense controller are the first thing I've seen from 'the other side' that has made me a little bit jealous. Don't get me wrong I will get a PS5 eventually but I can't afford both for now. The microphone and the trigger haptics do sound really good and hopefully at least the first party stuff will support it well. 

Still, I'm surprised nobody has really said anything about the battery life yet.

I love my elite xbox pad (and in turn the new ones) but they do feel a tiny bit lacking in comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Nothing has changed. UK Statutory rights still say that its a reasonable amount of time. For something like that its probably 4-5 years. 

Manufacturer specific guarantees are just marketing and add to your legal rights. Makes it a little easier in the first year or 2 as well. 

I guess it depends how much resistance Amazon put up. They also fought me on my mum's Paperwhite until i said something to the effect of "So you think 18 months is a reasonable amount of time for a consumer grade e-reader to last?" 

I guess my point is many people will cry TRADING STANDARDS but actually knowing what your rights are so you can quote them  is much more effective.

4 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

Yeah. Ori 2 is not as good as the first. It's got too many shitty fetch quests and collectathons. 

Hollow Knight is the best metroidvania in decades anyway. 

Interesting. I really liked both of them enough to complete each to 100% but couldn't really say if I preferred one over the other.

Ori 2 did feel wider with regards to its scope (which was both good and bad - some people have said "directionless" in places which I disagree with but can understand). Other than one blip where I was left head scratching a bit I found the path fairly clear to follow and on the whole thought the customisation options gave a different dimension to tuning how you played and made the combat more interesting. I also found it much easier than the first too (which I didn't mind as there were a couple of spikes in that one which were rage inducing) and each boss only took maybe max 3 attempts to get past. There is a lot to go find/pick-up/fetch and carry to people though (fast travel helps).

Anyway, as it's on Game Pass people can try and and see what they think :D 

I've got Hollow Knight queued up to play on the new consoles, can't wait.

1 hour ago, Shimmyhill said:

I loved Hollow Knight until I just got stuck, it’s been so long now that I’ve forgotten what I had done so it would be a good time to start again on a new console I guess... if only it was on gamepass!

Hollow Knight: Voidheart edition is on gamepass

Apologies if this has been asked already but I remember reading something about Control not actually getting its Series X upgrade straight away. Is that true? I can't find anything about a release date for the upgrade so I'd assume 'it just works' and it's already out there and waiting, especially with the 'Optimised for S|X' badges on the shop, but you never know...

4 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Is there a consensus on which of the 3D audio formats on Xbox is best? 

Sonic and Atmos are both good. I think Atmos is technically better but you have to pay £15 for it. If you want the full movie experience you probably want Atmos but both are good for games. 

I use Atmos and very happy with it. Been playing Witcher 3 this week on a pair of stereo headphones and it sounds incredible. 

18 minutes ago, hereticboy said:

Apologies if this has been asked already but I remember reading something about Control not actually getting its Series X upgrade straight away. Is that true? I can't find anything about a release date for the upgrade so I'd assume 'it just works' and it's already out there and waiting, especially with the 'Optimised for S|X' badges on the shop, but you never know...

December.

47 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Is there a consensus on which of the 3D audio formats on Xbox is best? 

Having been trying them out this week, I prefer DTS:X by a mile. Much more convincing spatial effect. 

Both it and Atmos have free trials. 

2 hours ago, Yiggy said:

I wouldn’t expect a pad has anything like 5/6 years - remember the product could have a reasonable life less than a year under statutory rights... pretty sure during the ps4 pad fiasco the guidance was not backing up the consumer outside theb1 year warranty.

3 minutes ago, MattKB said:

Is there a thread/guide anywhere to buying xbox games on foreign stores? I’m failing at search.

I buy credit from CDKeys or ebay normally, then I just change my console location in settings to be USA and buy from there, I think it works the same way for all locations except for maybe Brazil and Argentina due to the poor value of their currency, so you need a VPN for those stores, but can do it in a web browser.

8 hours ago, unleashedmaniac said:

Finally got to speak to someone at Argos who advised the order was cancelled with the suppliers on the 1st October, but no note as to why. They apologised, and basically said tough luck. Lovely!

Had they taken the money?

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic