Xbox Series X | S

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, nobody ever gets excited about upgrading their PC to run the games they like better.

Well that’s the point, it feels like an iteration, not next generation. Launch week I’m playing Destiny, Halo 5, A Forza and probably a Gears (and I hate Gears). PS5 launch week and I’m playing Destiny and goty, Zelda Breath of the Wild 2. It’s not exactly the leap from SNES to N64

4 minutes ago, carlospie said:

This threads so boring now, everyday the same non xbox people saying the same boring things. Ban gooner and make it series x/S owners only

Agreed, but you gotta do the same for the drive bys on the PS5 thread too.

3 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Well that’s the point, it feels like an iteration, not next generation. Launch week I’m playing Destiny, Halo 5, A Forza and probably a Gears (and I hate Gears). PS5 launch week and I’m playing Destiny and goty, Zelda Breath of the Wild 2. It’s not exactly the leap from SNES to N64

L

You'll never see a leap like that ever again. It's been iterations like this for... 20 years? 

1 minute ago, deerokus said:

You'll never see a leap like that ever again. It's been iterations like this for... 20 years? 

That is true, it’s been diminishing returns since then (but I’d say Switch is next gen in purpose as it was something you’ve never seen before) and there’s nothing wrong in objectively pointing this out 

1 minute ago, mikeyl said:

That is true, it’s been diminishing returns since then (but I’d say Switch is next gen in purpose as it was something you’ve never seen before) and there’s nothing wrong in objectively pointing this out 

Definitely, that's just the way of technology generally though. 

Just be thankful consoles haven't gone like phones where the same thing but thinner and a bit faster comes out every year. 

10 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

PS5 launch week and I’m playing Destiny and goty, Zelda Breath of the Wild 2. 

Zelda BotW2 is out in November!?

1 minute ago, AI said:

Zelda BotW2 is out in November!?

Kind of, I’m counting Age of Calamity as a sequel because of the LORe and the settings. The demo is banging by the way 

3 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Definitely, that's just the way of technology generally though. 

Just be thankful consoles haven't gone like phones where the same thing but thinner and a bit faster comes out every year. 

Would murder for thinner ps5

1 hour ago, AI said:

Objection!

When Sony earlier this year said that they believed in generations, they were lambasted by some for not being consumer friendly and Microsoft were therefore awesome for not leaving Xbox One owners behind with their cross-gen game approach, etc.

Now that it turns out that Sony are releasing several PS5 games on PS4, they are being slated for not having enough PS5 launch exclusives! Brilliant! :lol:

Luckily I was part of the crew calling Sony idiots for not looking like they were going to do back compatibility and PS5 was going to be standalone like PS4 so ;)

Sonys messaging has been a mess, it still is while MS have been consistent for a long time - I’m jumping from a PS4 pro to XSX much like I went 360 to PS4 and until the past month or two I was defi getting a PS5 but with them giving us no info about VR, no games to play and just no info about anything until the drip feed this week (save games being a big one, leaving it to the devs is silly)  it makes more sense to go Xbox first and PS5 when it’s worthwhile (VR) for me.

However outside of how awful it looks the PS5 still has a bit of fomo, the pad looks interesting if not very game dependant (all that nonsense needs to be off for online shooters IMO) and we have a hint of Ps3 era Sony at the moment chucking loads of stuff out for ‘free’ on ps+ so actual competition could lead to both of them being a bit more consumer friendly than Sony these days and MS at Xbox one launch!

12 minutes ago, Waggo said:

The thing is though nobody is forcing anybody to buy one.  If you are unhappy with the launch line up, then simply hang fire until such time you consider buying one to be a worthwhile investment.

Simply whinging about the proposition on offer is at best a distorted sense of self entitlement, and more likely in all honesty to be trolling.

Trolling! Sorry for trolling the thread by putting forward some extremely mild criticism of the launch lineup. Feel free to report me to NCA’s cybercrime division if you think these uncontroversial views are likely to destabilise the forum. 

I’ve my preorder X ready to go. To replace my barely played Xbox one. But yeah, Xbox needs some exclusives quick. Or some big titles hitting game pass. They were relying on halo, but that fell apart when it looked so tired. 

People don’t mind something being on the past gen (see spider-man and Botw) but not to have a tent pole game is hole. It’s madness to pretend otherwise. 

17 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Would murder for thinner ps5

I can't buy the ps5 because it won't fit into the lift to my door :hmm:

As for new games - Gears Tactics. Maybe not everyone's thing, some will have played it on pc but as consoles go it's a new game at launch. 

32 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

Agreed, but you gotta do the same for the drive bys on the PS5 thread too.

You’re playing Breath of The Wild 2 on PS5 launch week? Does your uncle work for Nintendo?

2 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

The 'genuine concern' stuff is tiresome, in this context it feels like a lazy way to stifle the conversation. We should be able to critically discuss any aspect of any console, the PS5 is gigantic and first party games are too expensive. The Switch has run out of first party steam a bit and the joy-cons keep breaking. The new Xbox is launching without exclusives - if Nintendo or Sony did this it would absolutely be commented on.

No it's not launching without exclusives.

• It launches with Gears Tactics (exclusive)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (timed exclusive for anyone who doesn't speak Japanese, = most of the world)
  • It is launching with Tetris Effect Connected (exclusive, the original game doesn't have multiplayer or co-op)

So that's already 3 exclusives for you right there. 

Only a PlayStation game can apparently call itself an exclusive even if it has a PS4 version or PC version (e.g. Death Stranding, Final Fantasy XVI).

13 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Specifically it's a new console generation and there 100% should be some new games. 

We knew months ago that this was their strategy. Maybe we need a strategy thread? Merits of well defined generations vs blurry lines, etc.

edit - you know what, I'm absolutely sorry. Try as one might, there's no way to deescalate this. Just going to check in on Darren's morning countdown pep talk and avoid stuff for a bit. Maybe we'll all be happier once we have a new tech box our TV stands.

5 minutes ago, JPL said:

You’re playing Breath of The Wild 2 on PS5 launch week? Does your uncle work for Nintendo?

Age of Calamity is a sequel in the same way that Metal Gear Solid V is a sequel to Metal Gear (same storyline different playstyles)

Just now, mikeyl said:

Age of Calamity is a sequel in the same way that Metal Gear Solid V is a sequel to Metal Gear (same storyline different playstyles)

Oh right, forget that then. If it’s not a mainline Zelda, I’m not interested. I’m sure they’re going to use a lot of those environments for BoTW2 though.

Just now, JPL said:

Oh right, forget that then. If it’s not a mainline Zelda, I’m not interested. I’m sure they’re going to use a lot of those environments for BoTW2 though.

Give the demo a go, I’m sure the Dynasty Warriorsness is going to get dull after clearing your millionth hoard, but it has a hot young grandma Impa in it.

1 minute ago, mikeyl said:

Give the demo a go, I’m sure the Dynasty Warriorsness is going to get dull after clearing your millionth hoard, but it has a hot young grandma Impa in it.

Did you not play the first? It's fuckig rad.

21 hours ago, Yiggy said:

How much do we actually think Sega would cost? 

I’d take Microsoft paying off Jacko’s estate and allowing Sonic 3 & Knuckles to be sold again. 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic