Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Pockets said:


Interesting. That suggests it’s at least a genuinely different version, to some extent at least. I’m not really expecting much but even a little tart up will be nice. 

 

I'm hoping the physics and overall physicality feel better, like when we got Fifa 14 on PS4/Xbox One and it was considerably different to the PS3/360 versions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pockets said:


Interesting. That suggests it’s at least a genuinely different version, to some extent at least. I’m not really expecting much but even a little tart up will be nice. 

Pretty sure it is. As there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the 7 people who play it on the PC when EA said it would be based on the PS4/Bone version rather than the 'next gen' one. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-20-eas-decision-to-make-fifa-21-on-pc-the-same-as-ps4-and-xbox-one-version-isnt-going-down-well

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

 

I'm hoping the physics and overall physicality feel better, like when we got Fifa 14 on PS4/Xbox One and it was considerably different to the PS3/360 versions.


I don’t think I’d played the recent versions before 14, I tend to dip in and out of FIFA when I get bored of PES. 14 was a decent first release on PS4 though. 
 

I’m excited to see what PES do with a whole new engine next year but no doubt they’ll find a way to keep long load times when everyone else is making them almost nonexistent and pair that up with an esoteric UI. 
 

I’m less hopeful about FIFA in the long run as I think they’ll rest on their laurels as long as possible and resist changing much beyond making it prettier (hopefully). I quite enjoyed 20 but 21 isn’t much different really. It might even be worse, not sure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, layten said:

Pretty sure it is. As there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the 7 people who play it on the PC when EA said it would be based on the PS4/Bone version rather than the 'next gen' one. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-20-eas-decision-to-make-fifa-21-on-pc-the-same-as-ps4-and-xbox-one-version-isnt-going-down-well


Yeah but they’ve said nothing beyond ‘deferred lighting’ and ‘players will pull their socks up off the ball’ which, for those of use who’ve been around long enough to translate EA Sports Speak means ‘we’ve done fuck all, really’. I expect they’ll be selling the whole 4K thing like that’s new. 
 

PC gamers were alway gonna moan that they’re not getting the prettiest new version, but no one knows what that is yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:


Just going by the Xbox One here but plugging decent headphones into the controller gives excellent results. I bought the Atmos for Headphones plug-in and it regularly surprises me with how good it sounds (though the default Windows Sonic isn’t too shabby either).  It’s become my favourite way to watch movies as well as play games. 
 

It’s very different to the PS4 where controller audio sounds shit and only does stereo. 

 

Well this sounds exciting. 

 

I've got some Bowers and Wilkins PX7 headphones which sound excellent generally so this sounds worth experiencing.

 

Would have been nice to have a simpler way to do Bluetooth but running a wire isn't a big deal, especially when actually playing something. 

 

Might even buy one of those boom attachment things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Zenimax acquisition isn't even going to touch the sides.

(those numbers are for the last 3 months, $138bn cash in the bank)

 

I wonder who is next on Phil's shopping list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams on 10 Nov
15 minutes ago, cowfields said:

 

Well this sounds exciting. 

 

I've got some Bowers and Wilkins PX7 headphones which sound excellent generally so this sounds worth experiencing.

 

Would have been nice to have a simpler way to do Bluetooth but running a wire isn't a big deal, especially when actually playing something. 

 

Might even buy one of those boom attachment things. 

 

I’m in the same position, but nearly spunked £160 on the SteelSeries. Glad I didn’t.

 

What boom attachment?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, auntyclimax said:

 

I’m in the same position, but nearly spunked £160 on the SteelSeries. Glad I didn’t.

 

What boom attachment?

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/V-MODA-BoomPro-Microphone-Gaming-Communication/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=boom+mic&qid=1603834057&sr=8-7

 

Although beware if you have the Sony WH-1000XM2 (like me) as apparently it doesn't fit the socket very well. 

 

If anybody has used this with these cans let me know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm totally ready for launch. I have loads of holidays to use so I've booked the entire week off. I've downloaded a selection of games already to test BC on my 4TB HDD (Also to be used as a hard archive). I nabbed one of the DF recommended sata adaptors while they were in stock and I've got a 1TB Samsung 870 Evo SSD coming tomorrow for "stuff".

 

I'm holding off for now on the official super fast expansion. I have 500meg Virgin Media so downloads aren't actually that painful. I'm going to buy a digital copy of the new Arse Creed as soon as it's up for preload and that'll be my main game for that week. I loved Origins and Odyssey (Even if Odyssey was too much Odyssey) and the look of the England in Valhalla appeals to me.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Steven said:

 

I think an overzealous ray-tracing thread may be in the offing; how many interiors are going to look like Donald Trump's bedroom in a year's time?

 

Full of underage Russian girls?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always had horrendous audio delay on the One X Dolby setting. 

 

For Destiny 2 and the difference between the default sound and then to Windows Sonic and then to Dolby is a big step change in the delay from trigger pull to the gun sound, it was very noticeable the first time I played it after coming from PS4. I've stuck with windows sonic as the the Atmos was too distracting. Just me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I've always had horrendous audio delay on the One X Dolby setting. 

 

For Destiny 2 and the difference between the default sound and then to Windows Sonic and then to Dolby is a big step change in the delay from trigger pull to the gun sound, it was very noticeable the first time I played it after coming from PS4. I've stuck with windows sonic as the the Atmos was too distracting. Just me?

Which pad do you have and how are you connecting it? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, layten said:

The Zenimax acquisition isn't even going to touch the sides.

(those numbers are for the last 3 months, $138bn cash in the bank)

 

I wonder who is next on Phil's shopping list.

 

That's disgusting sums of money.

 

Valve to answer your question. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

That's disgusting sums of money.

 

Valve to answer your question. ;)

 

I can't see Valve being anything less than $15 billion. 

 

Would MS have the appetite for that? It's almost a whole quarters profit, and gaming is just one sector...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Microsoft's next acquisition is going to be a small one: Dontnod. For about 25 million, at most - but probably much less.

 

Phil has mentioned in three separate interviews now how much he likes Tell Me Why.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Painfully off topic, but there are 45 million consumer 365 subscribers. Seems like they've got a good grip on the ____ as a service spiel. 

 

Sorry, back to hdr and excessive heat chat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

How much do we actually think Sega would cost? 

 

26 minutes ago, Isaac said:

 

Two pints, a packet of crisps, and some pork scratchings.

 

And a fully funded remaster of this absolute banger:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Isaac said:

I can't see Valve being anything less than $15 billion. 

 

I could see it happen. Just like Bethesda, Valve is privately owned and I could see Gabe want an exit at some point. He is getting older. Microsoft could then just use Valve as their storefront and be done with it. Also gives Microsoft some nice IPs including Half Life, Portal and Left For Dead. And their own VR headset with a top tier game. 

 

I always thought Microsoft would partner with Oculus but I don't see that happening anymore. Facebook is toxic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.