Xbox Series X | S

58 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Which makes me wonder. Okay, so digital is the future. And beyond that apparently streaming is the future. But how does that work with one of the biggest markets also being the most ass-backwards when it comes to internet?

People will pay, companies will get richer.

11 hours ago, womble9 said:

Lovely looking setup you've got there :).

I'd happily go for one of the benches myself but sadly it's nowhere near deep enough (and if it were I'd probably then think it jutted out too much anyway) for my Yamaha receiver. 

Yes it is pretty shallow, but remember it's also open at the back, so if your amp was just an inch or two oversize it could still be accomodated.

I seem to have been thinking this was still like 5-6 weeks away, not just over 3!

I applied a fat load of Amazon credit to my order last night, so just £314.99 left to pay. I'm still not sure I'm even going to get one! All I know is, life is getting quite exciting.

51 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

I need a deeper one so that I can have the unit flat again the wall but have the TV angled so everyone in the room can still see it. 

We don't all have perfect rectangular living rooms :D

One of the best decisions we made when doing up our house was getting rid of the chimney breast. Who has fireplaces these days? They just get in the way.

I'm still debating cancelling the pre-order here. The main thing I was interested in was Destiny 2 to at 4k60 but that's now pushed back to Dec. And Cyberpunk of course is a 2021 Series X update.

I'm also still holding out a feint hope that tomorrow's "Good Stuff" announcement from Google on Stadia will cover the much rumoured "gen 2" servers that presumably are comparable with the next gen. 

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

One of the best decisions we made when doing up our house was getting rid of the chimney breast. Who has fireplaces these days? They just get in the way.

Good point.

Microsoft pushing the boat out with their TV advertising.

Just seen the ad on Challenge TV during an episode of Bruce's Price Is Right*

*Not my choice. Baby is asleep on me and TV remote is on the other side of the room.

11 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Just seen the as on Challenge TV during an episode of Bruce's Price Is Right*

This is just an extremely subliminal and deliberate placement about the cost effectiveness of Gamepass.

4 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I’d love to do this. Was it a total nightmare to get done?

17 minutes ago, GoblinUK said:

I’d love to do this. Was it a total nightmare to get done?

We didn't live there while they were doing it, but I can imagine it'll be super messy. It usually involves putting a massive steel support in the ceiling too. It was absolutely worth doing because while it doesn't look like you're freeing up much space being able to put almost anything anywhere in the front room without having to worry about whether summat's going to be obscured or whether it'll fit in the alcoves and all that shit.

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

It's quite interesting reading the two new console threads in the lulls between announcements. Today the PS5 thread is all about what TV and sound equipment you need, and how to connect them together to get the optimal audio-visual experience from your new expensive piece of kit. Makes sense, right?

Meanwhile in here we're all like

51B5QTDDF3L._AC_.jpg

IMPORTANT THINGS, DARREN.

14 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

We didn't live there while they were doing it, but I can imagine it'll be super messy. It usually involves putting a massive steel support in the ceiling too. It was absolutely worth doing because while it doesn't look like you're freeing up much space being able to put almost anything anywhere in the front room without having to worry about whether summat's going to be obscured or whether it'll fit in the alcoves and all that shit.

I’ve just stuck my OLED above my log burner. I like to live dangerously.

*don’t look at my latest posts in the HDTV thread*

You expect me to believe a biased video from Digital foundry? In the pockets of MS! He is wearing  a hoody but look at the sweat on his brow just even talking about the Series X thermals!

I won't believe a word of it til I have it setup in my hearth providing the central heating for my home.

Yeah, that’s fine, crashes don’t become a risk until you cross 70 Celsius. You might as well let it get hot if it lets you run the fans slower - it’s not like you’re holding it in your hands.

Exactly. If it's not hot enough to throttle, and is happy to run at these temperatures long term, fuck I don't even feel like finishing this sentence because we have to refute stupid clickbait bullshit in the first place.

But yeah, keep that one handy in case anyone volunteers to be pushed out the airlock again.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic