Xbox Series X | S

3 hours ago, Ferine said:

Whilst I suspect you are being paranoid, for peace of mind you could pay all or some of it now using Amazon credit. If you check out your order you should see a button to apply gift card balance, so you could pay £400 now and then the charge on your card closer to launch would only be £50.

You could even knock £10 off the cost if this offer is still active.

Thanks for this, I did the same.

I don't think I'll take a day off for this but will make damn sure I put a ton of fake meetings in my calendar so I have allocated time to set it up depending on the time of arrival.

I'm thinking booking a 30 min slot every hour and a half with a hour lunch break should give ample opportunities.

3 hours ago, Ferine said:

My X is also preodered with Amazon Prime and ideally i'd like to change payment method but i've convinced myself to leave as is.

I changed my payment method on my Series X. 

Just checked and the delivery date has not changed. Because I changed it to a cashback card I'm getting it for £4.49 less. Woo-hoo!

5 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

I don't think I'll take a day off for this but will make damn sure I put a ton of fake meetings in my calendar so I have allocated time to set it up depending on the time of arrival.

I'm thinking booking a 30 min slot every hour and a half with a hour lunch break should give ample opportunities.

Also say you've got an electrician coming over who might have to turn the power off "briefly" meaning you won't be available for "5 minutes" - "Who knows when he'll show up?!"

43 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

That’s a great idea, I could put in a blanket all day appointment and just say they said anytime from 9 to 5 and whenever it turns up that’s me off for an hour or two.

You genius!

:hat:

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams on 10 November

I saw some chat about Eneloops being the recommended rechargeable battery du jour, are these the ones I want? I’ve already got a charging... thingy, assume they’ll play nice with any charging thingy? I’m guessing Eneloop is just a brand and not proprietary in some way. 

Panasonic eneloop AA Rechargeable Ready-To-Use Ni-MH Batteries, Pack of 4. (BK-3MCCE/4LE) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HZNYDJ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_Kz0HFbYC4TN9D

I discovered the weekend just past one of my old rechargeables had leaked into my wireless 360 pad, so hopefully that won’t happen with these!

2 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I’ve ordered Ass Creed Valhalla for launch day, 9 days to complete it before Cyberpunk turns up. Gonna dig out some old 360 games I’ve got in a shoebox someplace. Getting excited now!

Good luck.

I hope Valhalla doesn’t do the Odyssey trick of going on and on and on...

11 hours ago, Popo said:

I saw some chat about Eneloops being the recommended rechargeable battery du jour, are these the ones I want? I’ve already got a charging... thingy, assume they’ll play nice with any charging thingy? I’m guessing Eneloop is just a brand and not proprietary in some way. 

Panasonic eneloop AA Rechargeable Ready-To-Use Ni-MH Batteries, Pack of 4. (BK-3MCCE/4LE) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HZNYDJ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_Kz0HFbYC4TN9D

I discovered the weekend just past one of my old rechargeables had leaked into my wireless 360 pad, so hopefully that won’t happen with these!

eneloop are king and not proprietary they use the same battery chemistry and most modern rechargeables. To be honest most modern rechargeables give good performance - even amazon basics ones.

My son asked me can he be the first person to power it on. Sure, if it arrived after you get home from school!! To be honest I don't want to put him thru the misery of watching updates, downloads and copying of games to SSD.  That's for a parent to take on the chin.

2 hours ago, fattakin said:

My son asked me can he be the first person to power it on. Sure, if it arrived after you get home from school!! To be honest I don't want to put him thru the misery of watching updates, downloads and copying of games to SSD.  That's for a parent to take on the chin.

You HAVE to set it all up, turn it off at the socket before he gets home then tell him you have waited all day so he could be the first. Then when he tries and it doesnt load at all you can pretend it must be a duff console. 

And film it. Then upload it to Facebook and all available social media. 

11 minutes ago, BarryL85 said:

Sorry to revisit this but found a clear shot of the top (hopefully shows up on the below, was from a youtube vid). Definitely no mesh to stop contact with the fan, seems very exposed.

Reveal hidden contents

Concerned.

There’s a mesh underneath the fan. Contacting a rubberised fan isn’t going to cause much damage, and the holes above aren’t huge.

look you might be happy having a device as hot as a fireplace chimney that can burn your hands before slicing your scorched fingers into pepperoni slices with an exposed fan...

But I am not

1 minute ago, Clipper said:

look you might be happy having a device as hot as a fireplace chimney that can burn your hands before slicing your scorched fingers into pepperoni slices with an exposed fan...

But I am not

The holes are tiny and a centimetre deep. I’m happy for any errant two year old who climbs up behind my tv and sticks their fingers in the holes to get what’s coming to them.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic