Xbox Series X | S

4 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Fan made hype trailer as it's gotten really fucking boring in here.

That's not a bad montage at all, Microsoft should really put something out like that. 

On 02/10/2020 at 12:22, Kevvy Metal said:

....but a purchase that will have to wait till next year though, as I can't drop all that cash on both machines in November. Defo not :/

All Access says - yes you can!

I received an email from Microsoft Store this morning. They have cancelled my Series X pre-order, stating they couldn't process one or more items in the order, so they cancelled them. I paid using paypal so that shouldn't be a problem. There's no "use an alternative payment", just cancelled. The bloody swines. Anyone else received this?

That was similar to the message I got when trying to check out originally and when I checked my address details there was a new field for my phone number. Once I added it the order went through.

7 minutes ago, reef said:

I received an email from Microsoft Store this morning. They have cancelled my Series X pre-order, stating they couldn't process one or more items in the order, so they cancelled them. I paid using paypal so that shouldn't be a problem. There's no "use an alternative payment", just cancelled. The bloody swines. Anyone else received this?

No but I’d say you’ve set the forum off on a flurry of refreshing their Microsoft email. 

This made me check my order and the delivery address is my old house!

Now as I have an order with Argos of which they've already taken payment, do I try and get the address changed to keep my two order contingency or cancel and hope the Argos order doesn't fuck up.

There's the small worry that the Argos order doesn't have the street name in the delivery details but I think that happened to everyone?

On 04/10/2020 at 16:15, CovisGod said:

except Call Of Duty I’m told which is a different kettle of fish, you have to buy the XBSX Version as they won’t patch the XBO version

Although, as I understand it, with the bog standard version you can pay to upgrade? I must admit, I'm a bit confused myself. 

I assume if I have an Xbox in the house and a Series X in the house I buy the series X version which can be played on both machines? Or do I buy the standard and then simply upgrade when/if I want the Series X patch? 

I have spent 90+ minutes on the phone to Microsoft. They claim the transaction was declined by PayPal. Speaking to PayPal, they can see no evidence whatsoever that any contact / attempt was even made by Microsoft. I have provided Microsoft with this evidence, they are not moved, saying computer says no. My preorder is gone, never to be retrieved. They tell me someone else now has it.

They have said I can have an Xbox Series X from Poland, but delivery on 10th is not guaranteed and I would need to provide my own power adapter for the different plug shape. I'm now asking if I can go for that as a stop gap measure, but then exchange it with a UK model when they are back in stock. I've been told that usually you only have 30 days for such a swap to occur. I've asked if this time frame can be extended. I've been told this request has been escalated for review by the senior management, who conveniently you are not able to speak to yourself.

I am proper gutted and feel like Microsoft are puling a fast one, for no reason that I can understand.

19 minutes ago, Pug said:

This made me check my order and the delivery address is my old house!

Now as I have an order with Argos of which they've already taken payment, do I try and get the address changed to keep my two order contingency or cancel and hope the Argos order doesn't fuck up.

There's the small worry that the Argos order doesn't have the street name in the delivery details but I think that happened to everyone?

Well, you had me running to check Argos, and sure enough they don't have my street name either! Have they explained that at all?

On 05/10/2020 at 09:16, Boozy The Clown said:

Fan made hype trailer as it's gotten really fucking boring in here.

That is really well done, although it does go a bit Silver Shamrock at the end I was worried snakes might come crawling out my ears.

8 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Well, you had me running to check Argos, and sure enough they don't have my street name either! Have they explained that at all?

Not heard anything. I did have a game delivered through the post where I missed the street name out so either way we should be ok.:unsure:

2 minutes ago, Pug said:

I cancelled the Microsoft order as I couldn't change address. Just glad I had the Argos order to fall back on.

Maybe you could have gotten MS to push the order number over to @reef, somehow...

I thought about that but they won't change the address for me let alone get it shipped to someone else.

I did plan on offering the spare on this forum if someone could collect or pay postage, but alas I no longer have the option.

@Pug - if you don't mind, can you please send me the order number. I can contact Microsoft and say you have cancelled so it must be available for me to order against.

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

I checked my Argos order. The email confirmation has my address but when I check the order in my account it doesn't. I'm just off the live chat and they have confirmed that the correct address is on the order and they've been getting multiple queries every day from folk checking. Said it's just the way their site displays the order. Should have your house number and post code but no street name

I'll mention it again in light of recent comments - I still have two pre-orders, one from MS and one from Amazon. I assume they're both good. I'm holding onto them for now in case anyone wants one and that includes anyone here but you'd need to collect it from Essex. If that's nearby for you then you're welcome.

I'd ask for maybe a £50 deposit the week before or something as, despite not paying until they ship, I really can't risk having the cost of two go on my card if it's not going to come off straight away.

53 minutes ago, reef said:

@Pug - if you don't mind, can you please send me the order number. I can contact Microsoft and say you have cancelled so it must be available for me to order against.

Messaged.

Nice size comparison, I thought:

O1K5Os3.jpg

Apparently Series S and X comparisons coming soon.

And Gears 5 120fps mode is 1080 on S, apparently. That and Demon’s Souls being 1440p on PS5 make me wonder how realistic that 1440p target on Series S is, if we might see Series X games drop to that sort of resolution to add other detail/effects.

18 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

O1K5Os3.jpg

And Gears 5 120fps mode is 1080 on S, apparently. That and Demon’s Souls being 1440p on PS5 make me wonder how realistic that 1440p target on Series S is, if we might see Series X games drop to that sort of resolution to add other detail/effects.

I think it's best to think of the series s as a One X with a huge CPU upgrade. That's still a big upgrade as the current gen cpu has held back the systems from the start. 

19 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

O1K5Os3.jpg

Gears 5 1080p 120 is bloody impressive, suggests it will do 1440p60 easily enough so not sure what the worry is?

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic