Xbox Series X | S

I think ShopTo’s system is  deeply flawed. Just taker orders like very one else if you have no intention of fulfilling them in the order they have been taken. Otherwise they must have had a pitiful small preorder allocation.

Whatever, i wont be buying anything from them in the future - so all they have achieved is a permanent lost customer.

My issuei with them (Shopto) is that I was in a small group of people who preordered and paid before they updated their messaging.

I registered interest as soon as it was on their website. I then confirmed my interest at 0800am on the day they said notes of interest could be converted to a preorder. As soon as I did this it asked me for payment which I did. Only later that day did they update their website and send out an email saying dont pay.

I now have to contact them to ask for my refund and given my last two helpdesk tickets sat unanswered for weeks until I got them on Facebook Messenger (no phone lines are operating and no other channels available), yes, I think they suck and have cancelled all my preorders with them.

They must have received a very small allocation given I genuinely must have been at the front of their queues. 

It seems to me that the X is in much greater demand than the S.

I think it’s impossible to determine that without knowing what the respective production numbers are which I don’t believe anyone here knows.

Although early adopters are probably more likely to be willing to pick up the more expensive model.

1 hour ago, metallicfrodo said:

I think it’s impossible to determine that without knowing what the respective production numbers are which I don’t believe anyone here knows.

Although early adopters are probably more likely to be willing to pick up the more expensive model.

I also think that the early adopters will be looking for the more powerful machine. And of course you're right that we don't know how many of each variant has been produced and made available.

I have seen that individual stores in the USA have been displaying how many machines they have available for preorder in person and those figures have been shared on social media. Every posting I've seen shows the X available in more than double the quantity of S. This of course doesn't tell us anything about online stock, but I'm not sure why it would be a radically different ratio. Though I suppose Microsoft might expect demand to be greater for the X amongst those who in a pandemic are queuing up before a shop opens to place an order, that surely is something only the most devoted can be counted upon doing! 

https://www.retbit.com/2020/10/03/xbox-series-x-will-allow-users-to-delete-parts-of-games-to-free-up-space/

In the age of digital downloads, organizing/freeing up space on one’s gaming console is becoming an increasingly onerous burden.

Microsoft aims to alleviate that burden with next generation Xbox Series X and S consoles in a number of ways, including the application of the same USB 3.1 external hard drive used on the Xbox One on the Series X and S, custom expansion cards and an interesting new feature — allowing Xbox gamers to choose specific parts of a game to uninstall in order to free up disk space. The information was revealed in Director of Programming for the Microsoft Xbox Live, Larry Hryb aka Major Nelson’s latest podcast in a portion of the interview with Xbox Series X development producer Jason Ronald.

“Even beyond the hardware, we’ve actually made user interface improvements to make it easier for you to manage your storage,” Ronald said. “As an example, one of the new features we’re adding is actually for, if a title chooses to support it, the ability to selectively uninstall different components of the game.”

Ronald went on to explain with an example of a game containing both single-player and multiplayer facets. “Let’s say you play a campaign as an example, and then you want to focus exclusively on multiplayer. If the developers chose to support it, you can actually uninstall the campaign itself, so that you can be more in control of how you’re actually using your storage, so you really get the most benefit out of the available storage that you have.”

To give an example, let’s say you’ve completed the single-player campaign of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and wanted to use the game only for sporadic multiplayer bouts; with the storage management feature of the Xbox Series consoles, you could then uninstall the single-player data from the game and retain the multiplayer at your discretion in order to better utilize your overall data storage.

Although it’s still unclear how exactly the selective uninstallation will work for games that only contain elements of single-player modes or multiplayer modes respectively, we’re definitely looking forward to the improved level of customization in terms of game storage on the next-gen Xbox Series X and S consoles.

Crackdown 3 and Doom Eternal already let you choose between installing the campaign and multiplayer separately. Master Chief collection also lets you download games separately.

But I guess it’s a good thing if Microsoft are aiming to make it easier for developers to do.

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

Argos have sent an email out to say they have stock of Series S.

It seems to me that the X is in much greater demand than the S.

I think the Series S has been in stock nearly everywhere for ages. The X is sold out everywhere.

It makes sense people willing to preorder 6 weeks in advance of launch and refresh websites endlessly at 8am are going to be those who will pay a premium for Series X.

It'll probably be more interesting to compare sales of the two machines a year or two down the line.

8 hours ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I think ShopTo’s system is  deeply flawed. Just taker orders like very one else if you have no intention of fulfilling them in the order they have been taken. Otherwise they must have had a pitiful small preorder allocation.

Whatever, i wont be buying anything from them in the future - so all they have achieved is a permanent lost customer.

They've been pretty good over the years but I think taking pre-orders for months may have not been the smartest thing to do.

Paid for my XBSX now so I can start looking forward to it! I’m still trying to get my head around which games I’m meant to be buying as some seem to be XBSX and others are essentially Xbox One games that will receive a next gen patch? If it’s confusing me I feel sorry for the Mums buying for their kids at Christmas!

For those currently on xbox or who might know, I was going to have a look at  the store as I have a series S due but logging in on the app is just giving me american prices ^_^ Whats the best way to access it from my phone or laptop so I can buy some games in advance if I wanted to :)

13 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Paid for my XBSX now so I can start looking forward to it! I’m still trying to get my head around which games I’m meant to be buying as some seem to be XBSX and others are essentially Xbox One games that will receive a next gen patch? If it’s confusing me I feel sorry for the Mums buying for their kids at Christmas!

Can't you,essentially, buy any of them at the moment as they get patched to be like the XBSX ones?

5 minutes ago, Steven said:

Can't you,essentially, buy any of them at the moment as they get patched to be like the XBSX ones?

except Call Of Duty I’m told which is a different kettle of fish, you have to buy the XBSX Version as they won’t patch the XBO version

17 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

except Call Of Duty I’m told which is a different kettle of fish, you have to buy the XBSX Version as they won’t patch the XBO version

Only games that have the Smart Delivery branding have a dual X1X/XSX option. Any publishers who don't want to do that will go the traditional separate paid version route, which currently is Activision and Take-Two.

It works slightly differently on PlayStation, but basically the same idea there too.

37 minutes ago, Luseth said:

For those currently on xbox or who might know, I was going to have a look at  the store as I have a series S due but logging in on the app is just giving me american prices ^_^ Whats the best way to access it from my phone or laptop so I can buy some games in advance if I wanted to :)

In the app settings you can just change the region and it should show UK prices.

Eskimo YouTube personalities give restricted first impressions of the Series S. Areas are restricted to how many Series S consoles you can fit in a box vs the PS5 and short clips of people dying whilst playing games with fish in them.

On 03/10/2020 at 09:10, BubbleFish said:

My issuei with them (Shopto) is that I was in a small group of people who preordered and paid before they updated their messaging.

I registered interest as soon as it was on their website. I then confirmed my interest at 0800am on the day they said notes of interest could be converted to a preorder. As soon as I did this it asked me for payment which I did. Only later that day did they update their website and send out an email saying dont pay.

I now have to contact them to ask for my refund and given my last two helpdesk tickets sat unanswered for weeks until I got them on Facebook Messenger (no phone lines are operating and no other channels available), yes, I think they suck and have cancelled all my preorders with them.

They must have received a very small allocation given I genuinely must have been at the front of their queues. 

When did you register? I registered in January and have got one.

Yup, I registered my interest on the day it went live on their website. I did the same on The Game Collection site too but those guys were honest enough not to take preorders until they had their allocation which, it turns out, was non existent. 

11 hours ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

?

He's talking about how there are absurd restrictions on early impressions of these things, like you can't show inside it, you can't show the menu UI, you can show it playing games but only after this embargo and only show the back after this entirely separate embargo etc etc.

I've watched none of these impressions videos, I'll wait until people can actually tell me things without every sentence having to be vetted.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic