Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Wait...the new controller takes AA batteries? You can’t just charge it through the console? That can’t be right..?

Amazing right.

1 hour ago, Halo said:

£76 is a lot of money for a controller and play and charge kit.

Then don't buy the play and charge kit.

39 minutes ago, McCoy said:

 

Will we be able to use the Xbox One play and charge kits? 

Yes, in your Xbox One controllers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Yeh you could buy demon souls for that! 

Only the peasant version mind. 

 

I think the Xbox one play and charge battery should work in the series, the pads are virtually identical. The charge port is different though, USB c now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JPL said:

The Elite 2 doesn’t.

 

I mentioned this before, but I got one for my son who destroys pads for fun and it’s still in perfect condition.

 

I wish my dad would buy me an Elite 2. Maybe I should destroy pads for fun to get the message across. Really show the cunt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fallows said:

 

I wish my dad would buy me an Elite 2. Maybe I should destroy pads for fun to get the message across. Really show the cunt.

If you’re a good boy, I’ll get you one for Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Wait...the new controller takes AA batteries? You can’t just charge it through the console? That can’t be right..?

 

I think I learned this, then dreamt about it, then kinda thought I'd 'only' dreamt about it afterwards.

 

Great news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, macosx said:

Those WD black drives seem a good storage option for the X. 5tb for £120 With free 2 months GP ult, at least till the velocity drives price capacity comes down and up respectively.

 

Thanks for this top tip - I've ordered one this afternoon. 5TB is definitely the sweet spot on the price/capacity curve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deerokus said:

I think the Xbox one play and charge battery should work in the series, the pads are virtually identical. The charge port is different though, USB c now. 

 

I'm fairly certain it's been confirmed that the pads are a different shape and the battery door doesn't fit, so, I'd expect you'll need a new play and charge kit.

 

The thing is, a battery charger and 4x AA (or double the number you need for your number of pads takes so you have a spare set) is cheaper than a play and charge kit, and lasts much, much longer.

I recently switched to rechargeable AAs and can't believe how long they are lasting too, meanwhile my PS4 pad is dead in about  3 hours, and these pads with non-replaceable batteries* mean more landfill etc.  When I got my Xbox One S, I was disappointed that it had AAs, but I'm a complete convert now.

 

 

 

 

 

*for the majority who are unlikely to open them up and change the battery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Freeman said:

 

I'm fairly certain it's been confirmed that the pads are a different shape and the battery door doesn't fit, so, I'd expect you'll need a new play and charge kit.

 

 

Not saying you are wrong, but that just seems weird to me. Looking at images of the new controller the battery cover looks almost identical and the plug and charge is the size of two AA batteries taped together, so unless they have made the spacing between where the batteries go in the controller wider I don't understand how they wouldn't work. It just seems that they would have to go out of their way to make the old plug and charge kit not fit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

 

Not saying you are wrong, but that just seems weird to me. Looking at images of the new controller the battery cover looks almost identical and the plug and charge is the size of two AA batteries taped together, so unless they have made the spacing between where the batteries go in the controller wider I don't understand how they wouldn't work. It just seems that they would have to go out of their way to make the old plug and charge kit not fit.


I can’t find it now, but I’m sure it was a tweet from a 3rd party peripheral marker saying there wasn’t compatible, so there is a decent chance it only applies to there one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, Underwurlde said:

 

You absolute legend!! Thank you! 

 

image.png.4710925676bf782d27b0607759be65d7.png

 

WOOP WOOP. Now just hoping it won't get cancelled (which it probably will given that they aren't supposed to accept orders until lunch time tomorrow).

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

For £20 you can get a set of 4 AA eneloops and a plug in charger for them. Job done. It’ll last you longer than the Xbox and you can buy extra batteries too if you get more than two controllers. 

also incredibly useful for all toys that take AAs

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it might be relatively easy to get one of these before Christmas even without a pre-order.

 

I'm building my accountant a really nice website. I might hint at one as payment. This 360, along with the controller, is on its last legs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

For £20 you can get a set of 4 AA eneloops and a plug in charger for them. Job done. It’ll last you longer than the Xbox and you can buy extra batteries too if you get more than two controllers. 

Ok, I was going to get a play and charge kit without thinking, but all this eneloop chat has me considering AAs. 

 

Is this the one? By Panasonic? 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic-eneloop-rechargeable-aa-batteries-12-pack/5467056.p?skuId=5467056

 

I've already got a AAA through D charger, but only have various Energizer batteries. Some are 2500mAh which is higher than these eneloops. 

 

Totally up for changing my approach though. Sell me on these :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I was going to go after the all access option, but I've entered myself into the queue and will see what happens. The whole way it was managed on pre-order day was rubbish. Even those who made it through to Klunge (or whatever they call themselves), people were getting refused for seemingly no reason with perfect credit scores and that then counts against them in future. It's just not worth the hassle and so I'll buy outright now and handle the Ultimate subscription myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.