Xbox Series X | S

15 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I would definitely have gone with an X if it was my main machine. But as a second box I kinda feel the Series S will be fine even on my 4K... I could be swayed though as some of these reviews and tear downs start coming out.

This is basically me.

I’m really looking forward to seeing comparison videos between the two as I do have a 4K tv but I never really notice the difference when I’m watching YouTube or Amazon if I’m honest. 

Saying that though, it would be sweet if MS would release some Series X game footage as I could also be tempted if the difference is noticeable. 

Do we have any ETA of when DF might have something? Any word of embargoes or anything?

2 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Do we have any ETA of when DF might have something? Any word of embargoes or anything?

No exact embargo date has been made public as far as I know but it doesn't feel far off.

Looking at a few YouTube videos this week it looks like most big publications/bloggers (including DF) have received the prototype Series X, Series S, pads and storage expansion for previews/reviews and they are openly talking about that and showing that they have them. The guy hosting the video a few posts back about the pads says "they have plenty to talk about but that will come over time as each embargo lifted" suggesting there are a few layers to the onion.

However given the hardware is out there now - and we all know how leaky the internet is - I very much doubt they would have been silly enough to try and put more than a few days block on talking about it all if they actually want to control it.

45 minutes ago, NickC said:

If I buy some rechargable batteries for my Series X controller, will they charge in the controller, via the USB cable?

No, buy the play and charge kit for that.

Or get a battery charger and mess around with swapping batteries in and out.  You'll save about a tenner. If the console lasts five years,  you'll save £2 a year.  Or 4p a week.

Yeah, you need a charger. It’s my preferred way of doing things. Plugging controllers/using them plugged in is a faff to me in comparison to just swapping the AAs now and then (they seem to last longer, but I’ve never bought an Xbox One P&C kit - I had loads of 360 ones and they always stopped holding a charge). We’ve always got some AAs charged as the kids need them for their toys, TV remote, etc.

23 hours ago, NickC said:

If I buy some rechargable batteries for my Series X controller, will they charge in the controller, via the USB cable? Or do I need to buy a battery recharger?

Hang fire on the following link for now as it’s likely the series X fitment is different. I’m sure manufactures will modify / update the design v quickly though :)

How about one of these? It’s got a ton of good reviews and currently has a £5 off voucher (just tick the box) brining it down to £12.99 :)

OIVO Xbox One Controller Charger, Fast Dual Charging Station Updated LED Strap, Remote Charger Dock - 2 Rechargeable Battery Packs Included https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H4JR8J9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_ogVBFbR5W89C8

I doubt that product above will work with the Series X controller. I have the Xbox One PowerA play and charge kit and they confirmed yesterday they are not compatible with Series X controller. Although the batteries themselves would fit, the battery doors that click on the back wont fit as the shape of the Series X controller is slightly different. (Power A are bringing out a revised play and charge pack at launch). I can see the one above is battery/battery door all inclusive but the shape probably won’t fit. 

Might be worth checking.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PowerA-Play-Charge-Kit-Xbox/dp/B08J874RN1/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=powera+play&qid=1601109177&sr=8-1

Petrified that the £1 Game Pass Ultimate upgrade offer was going to disappear in the middle of the night sometime before Series X|S launch, I signed up for 3 years and am ready to go come November 10th. 

Cheers @Darren for the instructions. Worked a treat. 

If you don't want to piss about with cdkeys' increasingly dodgy codes then you can get 12 Month Xbox Live Gold codes for £40 from here: https://ao.com/product/s4t00026-xbox-one-gaming-accessories-white-68272-292.aspx

No problems with purchasing three at once and they all arrived via email within 5 minutes.

See you all on November 10th! :hat:

1 hour ago, pinholestar said:

Petrified that the £1 Game Pass Ultimate upgrade offer was going to disappear in the middle of the night sometime before Series X|S launch, I signed up for 3 years and am ready to go come November 10th. 

Cheers @Darren for the instructions. Worked a treat. 

If you don't want to piss about with cdkeys' increasingly dodgy codes then you can get 12 Month Xbox Live Gold codes for £40 from here: https://ao.com/product/s4t00026-xbox-one-gaming-accessories-white-68272-292.aspx

No problems with purchasing three at once and they all arrived via email within 5 minutes.

See you all on November 10th! :hat:

Just bought one from ao and my order says processed but no code yet. They also sent an email that DPD will be delivering it today though! Just got to hang in tight there.

29 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

Just bought one from ao and my order says processed but no code yet. They also sent an email that DPD will be delivering it today though! Just got to hang in tight there.

Yeah I got that as well. It’s just a default/generic delivery email they seem to send with every order, but you’ll receive the actual code via a separate email.

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been asked a million times, but if I have a valid Game Pass Ultimate subscription for another couple months which had been previously upgraded under the £1 deal, can I still purchase the 12 months regular Gold membership above and upgrade it to Ultimate for £1?

1 hour ago, pinholestar said:

I would stay away from cdkeys right now. I bought a 12m XBL Gold code that arrived instantly. Added it to my account and got the 'upgrade for £1, up to 36 months' offer on my dashboard. So ordered two more years from cdkeys. Codes showing as 'available shortly', as they have been since Tuesday evening when I ordered them.

Looking at their social media feeds, lots of other people in the same boat. Have been told by cdkeys via email that they are 'experiencing some technical difficulties with some people accessing their codes' and that it should be fixed in a few hours. They said this on Wednesday, and again this morning.

Needless to say, not very happy. Particularly as the web chat seems to kick me out when I get to the front of the queue. Never had a problem with cdkeys before this incident, will probably not give them the chance again in the future.

Hoping that I get my other codes before Microsoft decides to remove their upgrade offer.

29 minutes ago, retroed said:

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been asked a million times, but if I have a valid Game Pass Ultimate subscription for another couple months which had been previously upgraded under the £1 deal, can I still purchase the 12 months regular Gold membership above and upgrade it to Ultimate for £1?

No

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic