IGNORED

Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

8 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

If the launch period suits you so well, do you need to buy two consoles in 2020? 

No absolutely not. It is total indulgence in the idea of having some nice new toys to play with at the end of a crap year to be honest.

That and wanting to finally finish Subnautica because my OG Xbox can't handle the deeper parts of it and I'm stuck about 45 hours in and it's bugging me :)

1 hour ago, FiveFootNinja said:

That's exactly why I need it to fit inside the TV bench (with the door shut)! :lol:

Priority wise it was a tough one. Money and space no object I would have both premium consoles for sure, but with the PS5 offering the better games in the launch/post-launch window and (probably on form at least) the better first-party exclusives for at least the first few years, and the prospect of PSVRv3 on the horizon that was a bit of a no brainer for me. As Game Pass is generally something I generally dip in and out of for smaller experiences it didn't feel like a massive compromise to go with the baby box with the bonus of the enhancements/upscaling compared to my current OG Xbox with the added bonus of them all fitting into my room setup.

Truth be told more than once this week I've been considering cancelling the S and just sticking with what I have for a bit and then getting an X next year sometime, but if keeps coming back to where I'd physically put the thing in the room. We'll see. I might cave. The Bethesda announcement didn't help my quandary either :facepalm:

This is pretty much my way of thinking.  For a place in my living room under the TV I much prefer the look of the PS5 to the series X, plus I'm confident that PS will contune catering better towards my top-end gaming needs in terms of exclusives and the biggest 3rd party games, plus I'll be able to use it for my massive backlog of PS4 games.

The S is my way of benefitting from GamePass without breaking the bank unnecessarily, and it'll be attached to a smaller 1080p TV so the resolution issue isn't a problem.  Having been away from MS all of the last gen (and even when I had a 360 that got used less than my PS3) I have hardly any digital library with them, so my plan  there is to have a £250 machine, gamepass for 3 years, and pretty much never spend another penny on it (barring any ridiculously good deals when digital sales are on).

1 hour ago, FiveFootNinja said:

No absolutely not. It is total indulgence in the idea of having some nice new toys to play with at the end of a crap year to be honest.

That and wanting to finally finish Subnautica because my OG Xbox can't handle the deeper parts of it and I'm stuck about 45 hours in and it's bugging me :)

And next year isn't looking much better. Treat yourself now while you still can. Then it's best to keep your head down, locked in, saving money for bread and milk, playing xbox and gamepass between power cuts. 

CD keys seem to be fucking people around. 

I ordered 2 12 month gold subs and only 1 is showing and also a 3 month sub. No code for any, they have taken the money and customer support is ignoring me. 

43 minutes ago, Ry said:

CD keys seem to be fucking people around. 

I ordered 2 12 month gold subs and only 1 is showing and also a 3 month sub. No code for any, they have taken the money and customer support is ignoring me. 

Time difference?

Typical this happens now.  Guess I'll get one from shopto and another from somewhere else.

Yeah, I've always recommended them for being one of the best digital suppliers out there, but I'm seeing more and more issues these days. After using them for the best part of 5 years, they randomly asked for my ID again a few months ago & held up my order for nearly a week. Seeing more and more people not getting codes from them for days, or codes that are already redeemed. There's also been a few reports recently of people buying Nintendo codes from them, only to have their Nintendo account banned a few weeks later for theft. Turns out the codes were got via dubious means by CDKeys.

Customer service is getting slower and slower too & they're getting really bad for changing prices quickly, ramping them up when something is popular and doing cheap pre-orders, but giving the codes a few days late.

I don't bother with them anymore. 

1 minute ago, Mr Tony said:

Yeah, I've always recommended them for being one of the best digital suppliers out there, but I'm seeing more and more issues these days. After using them for the best part of 5 years, they randomly asked for my ID again a few months ago & held up my order for nearly a week. Seeing more and more people not getting codes from them for days, or codes that are already redeemed. There's also been a few reports recently of people buying Nintendo codes from them, only to have their Nintendo account banned a few weeks later for theft. Turns out the codes were got via dubious means by CDKeys.

Customer service is getting slower and slower too & they're getting really bad for changing prices quickly, ramping them up when something is popular and doing cheap pre-orders, but giving the codes a few days late.

I don't bother with them anymore. 

Any recommendations on where to get the codes from?  Doesn't have to be cheap, just reliable.

54 minutes ago, JPL said:

Get out! That simply can’t be possible for anyone with eyes.

The series X is far too square for my liking, as well as being totally uninteresting.  It's just like the PC tower that I've got under my desk at work.  I can understand why the PS5 is not for everyone, though, but for me I find it to be aesthetically much more pleasing for a larger machine.  Maybe it's because I will have it on its side, not stood up.  I've never liked the idea of consoles stood up.  The S is superb, though, other than the black vent.  Would prefer it to be all white.

Just now, Pockets said:

I had an order held up for a day. You will get it, but it's annoying if you need it now. I think you can raise a dispute with Paypal or cancel through them maybe.

I will give it a few days. I'm more worried the fact it's only showing one 12 month gold ordered when I bought 2. 

Managed to get it working. Had to pay 10.99 though instead of the quid. 

I assume its because i used the £1 deal some time ago (although it didnt state that, the £1 option is the one i picked, not bothered though)

I just saw a pic on twitter of the lineup of consoles, comparing their sizes. I know some youtubers have been sent "blank" consoles (the shells without working internal parts) and that at least one channel has shown they have an actual functioning Series X, but it's still difficult for me to get my head around it (I'm not going to print my own mockup). The series X looks huge in this lineup, less so in the aforementioned Youtube clips.  (these are all renders, nobody's got a PS5, mockup or otherwise, apparently).

58 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

The last time CDKeys asked for my ID I told them to stick their keys up their collective arses.

The codes weren't long in being sent after that.

Bet they'd all had a go at digitally shoving them up their arses beforehand.

1 minute ago, Steven said:

I know the PS5 is meant to be big but those pics have made me think the Series S is a lot bigger than I thought it was.

Yeah, it's difficult to get perspective without other objects around them. They ought to render them alongside a can of coke or some things people are very familiar with.