Xbox Series X | S

15 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Anywhere still have an X available for preorder? Realise I’m probably too late, considerably so.

They were mostly gone by half 8. I'd keep an eye on Microsoft's own store though (which apparently went down when pre orders opened in the US). 

Someone asked earlier about the new controllers. Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I think they are sending out the new pads immediately as I have just been charged for my extra one that I ordered with my console. 

edit: yep arriving by UPS tomorrow...wankers...its the old controller :(

1 hour ago, womblingfree said:

I saw this. Selected collection and still a tenner! Utter bellends.

To be fair, their floor, which you will walk on to collect it, doesn't clean itself.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

I got declined after waiting in GAME queue this morning. I just bought a new car yesterday on finance and I have had a couple of other things go through recently so I assumed they rejected because of that - usually I am never declined.

Bit annoyed at the hard check on my credit record for no reason now humph.

Just to follow up on this, I spoke to Klarna; they are rejecting finance agreements for orders that have no stock allocated. It does come through as a rejection though and may figure in your credit rating, be wary

I stupidly forgot to pre-order at 8am, and only remembered a couple of hours later.  By that time the Series X only appeared to be available from the Microsoft Store, but I kept getting the same error message when trying to pay as others here, which I've read since was because they'd actually sold out.  This afternoon I tried to grab one from Smyths instead with the Xbox All Access option but for some reason got declined by Klarna.  Is this some kind of out of stock bug too?  I have an excellent credit record and have never been refused anywhere else.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Edit, looks like @Halonicposted the answer at the same time that I asked.  Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Halonic said:

Just to follow up on this, I spoke to Klarna; they are rejecting finance agreements for orders that have no stock allocated. It does come through as a rejection though and may figure in your credit rating, be wary

are you saying that if I go through a credit application with Klarna and they then discover there is no stock to assign they count that as a failed application? So a hard search that possibly was accepted but then is declined purely because there is no stock to assign once they have processed it?

That seems a bit harsh!

2 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I stupidly forgot to pre-order at 8am, and only remembered a couple of hours later.  By that time the Series X only appeared to be available from the Microsoft Store, but I kept getting the same error message when trying to pay as others here, which I've read since was because they'd actually sold out.  This afternoon I tried to grab one from Smyths instead with the Xbox All Access option but for some reason got declined by Klarna.  Is this some kind of out of stock bug too?  I have an excellent credit record and have never been refused anywhere else.  Has anyone else had this issue?

I just re-opened my Microsoft Store website basket that I was receiving the payment error on this morning and it allowed me to check out.  This was about 5 minutes ago.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

You get to play the exciting meta-game double accumulator of will there still be a physical Game store in my town and will the town centre even be open by then in the first place as the plague worsens when you order instore.

Well as I said in a post recently, that was a risk I was happy to accept by going with an instore pre order which I did today. At least I have only paid £10 and given I and many others now owe them £439 (plus all the Series S pre orders too), I would imagine they would want to come up with a contingency to fulfill orders if shops have to close due to lockdown. If they don’t, then I’ll just have to wait and the £439 stays with me for a bit longer. Given the multitude of online issues today, that too brings its own pitfalls so can’t win either way tbh.

2 minutes ago, Onze said:

I just re-opened my MS website basket that I was receiving the payment error on this morning and it allowed me to check out.  This was about 5 minutes ago.

Thanks, but showing as empty for me, and won't let me add it either.

3 hours ago, Zombait said:

Did anyone manage to get one on All Access online via GAME or Smyths? What a mess that seems to have been; both sites buckled and still aren't working with Smyths telling people to go in store.

Yea I managed to get one - had to wait in a queue for about half an hour from 08:00 but once I got through the queue both the Game and Klarna websites were still in reasonable shape.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

Interesting I managed to buy a car on pcp yesterday

Strewth - I'm impressed you got it home, what with all the hallucinations.

1 minute ago, papalazarou said:

Did anyone else who pre- ordered with game online find that when you finally got through it only  let you order as a guest rather than with your logon?

Yes, same - I saw many people in the PS5 preorder thread mention it too.

15 minutes ago, Stejay said:

Keep an eye on your emails.

Mine too went tits up at the payment bit (at about 8:15am right through till 9 when I called them finally getting through at about 9:45 to then be told it was out of stock) yet I've just had this through.......

584024637_SeriesX.thumb.jpg.ece9ea1b5580a9f7bc51022b1992052e.jpg

Quite relieved as whilst I'm pretty sure I'd have got one at some point, the thought of having £450 MS credit that expires in 90 days sat on my account wasn't one I was too comfortable with. 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - 'Cheap Game Pass guide' in first post

Can anyone confirm the GamePass conversation process will work a second time around? I already have a rolling sub to GamePass on the PC at the moment. If I buy a Gold code will it still convert over?

I'm guessing they are scrapping Gold at some point anyway so it will all roll into GamePass? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/upgrading-from-xbox-live-gold-to-game-pass/f58301b1-e3ab-4c66-a24e-a6219c02f132

Looks like the offer only works on new customers and isn't 1:1 anymore. :( Oh well... Still a good price. But I'll just stick with the PC version for £3.99 a month.... Seems that GP on the PC is now £7.99 pcm but if you subbed before the price went up you will keep the £3.99 price. 

17 minutes ago, cultofweaver said:

Went to Amazon. Bought a shoe rack. 

You may have a new Xbox, I won't be tripping over my fucking shoes when I wake up every morning. That is something you can't put a price on.

(Yes you can, £10.50.)

£10.50?  You'll need to free up more space once you've installed two pairs of shoes.

42 minutes ago, papalazarou said:

Did anyone else who pre- ordered with game online find that when you finally got through it only  let you order as a guest rather than with your logon?

Yeah, it said something about the process meaning you had to proceed as a guest.

Sorry, another GamePass upgrade question. Say I only want to buy 2 years of Live, I've heard that you get a free month if you accept the auto-renew option, so if I accept the auto renew for the first 12 month code, then turn it off, and then input the second 12 month code and accept auto renew again will I end up with 2 x 12 months + 2 x 1 month free = 26 months?

2 minutes ago, Rockboy said:

Sorry, another GamePass upgrade question. Say I only want to buy 2 years of Live, I've heard that you get a free month if you accept the auto-renew option, so if I accept the auto renew for the first 12 month code, then turn it off, and then input the second 12 month code and accept auto renew again will I end up with 2 x 12 months + 2 x 1 month free = 26 months?

Yup :)

Tried for X All Access but Smyths excludes NI despite having stores here and Game lol.

Thing is, don’t really care if I get it at launch or even before Christmas. Happy enough to be in a queue for one.  But the process seems for “Sold out in X minutes” headlines.

5 hours ago, Darren said:

I can only tell how I did it, which was starting from scratch with no existing Game Pass or Xbox Live subscription. If you already have either I think the process is a bit different, but someone else will have to clarify on that.

But if you don't have a current sub then:

1. Buy 3x 12-month Live Gold codes (£40 each) from CDKeys here. If the experience of a few of us yesterday is typical, it might take an hour or so for the codes to come through, but they will eventually.

2. If you don't have one, create an Xbox account on the Microsoft site here.

3. Redeem your Live Gold codes on the MS Site - click on your user icon at the top right of the page, click the "..." at the bottom of the drop down menu and select "Redeem code." IMPORTANT: each time you do this, UNSELECT the auto-renew option, otherwise you'll get some free months added which will make it impossible to redeem your third code (you can't stack more than three years' worth).

4. From here the instructions are from memory because I can't replicate the steps as I've already signed up. On your user icon drop down menu choose "My Microsoft account" and on the page that opens you should see a section called "Subscriptions." Click on your Live Gold subscription.

5. You should now be given the option to upgrade your Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate. When you select this it will take you to a standard page as if you were buying it from scratch, where you pay £1 for the first month and £10.99 every month thereafter. Don't be put off by this (as I was) - the £10.99 won't kick in until your three years are up. Go ahead and sign up for the £1 offer.

6. Your Live Gold subscription should now have been converted to Game Pass Ultimate for the next three years, at a cost to you of £121, a saving of approx 70% compared to the £10.99 a month RRP.

7. Go back into your Game Pass subscriptions page and turn off auto-renew again. There's bound to be another offer in three years' time!

I've never had an ultimate subscription, and I just tried this. Got all 3 years.

To confirm for anyone unsure - it still works :)

4 hours ago, Darren said:

As an Xbox newbie I'm feeling a bit Billy No Mates, if any of you want to add me or friend me or whatever it is you do.

868104210_Screenshot2020-09-22at14_38_30.png.31d58f7151673bbbe80b2a6d5d59c7ff.png

Added you, Darren. You'll be the most popular new kid in school!

6 minutes ago, Rockboy said:

Brill, thank you. And as far as cheap 12 month Live codes go, Shopto have them for £39.85, is that about as cheap as I'm likely to find?

Pretty sure (think I saw it on HotUKDeals) there's a way of using the £29.99 Brazilian codes that CD keys sells. If so then you'd only be £10 off maxing it out and getting 3 years worth :)

Yup, here you go: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-xbox-live-gold-brazil-membership-vpn-will-be-required-to-activate-at-electronic-first-3546605

3 minutes ago, NickC said:

I've never had an ultimate subscription, and I just tried this. Got all 3 years.

To confirm for anyone unsure - it still works :)

Were you able to pay the pound now? Been trying all afternoon but the payment won’t go through. They said it’s a problem their end. 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic