Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

6 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

The series S still being available only confirms that the whole rule about how much a console should cost is nonsense. It could be 599 and it would still be sold out.

Could also be because early adopters are more likely to go for the more powerful model.

10 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

The series S still being available only confirms that the whole rule about how much a console should cost is nonsense. It could be 599 and it would still be sold out.

It is interesting, but it sort of stands to reason that the model that's more in line with the enthusiast market would sell out on preorder day, two months before they will be posted out. Perhaps that's why they seem to be making more X machines available.  It'll be interesting to see how the S sells when they're actually on sale, nearer Christmas. At that point the pricing will mean old PS4 vs new Series S.  When put like that I think they'll probably do alright.

3 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

The kind of people who pre-order consoles as early as possible are also likely to be the type of people who are aware of the costs of the hobby and will be seeing it as an investment, as they spend a lot of time gaming.

The Series S is not really designed for Rllmuk posters. It is designed for families who want to give their children a new console on Christmas day at a much reduced cost compared with the full fat model. I expect that its popularity will rise in the run up to Christmas.

14 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Not really because the early adopters are more likely to be hardcore gamers and not causal person on the street.

10 minutes ago, Dukesy said:

Got the Game All Access queue. Won't deal with me because I don't have a store preorder OR have been in the scheme previously.

2 minutes ago, hombre_hompson said:

Gah. Got through the Game queue but they are only taking orders from customers with existing Xbox All Access purchases.

So Game won't sell you All Access if you haven't ordered a console, but won't let you order a console unless you've already bought All Access?

Golf clap.

All Access was a complete and utter shit show then. Such a shame as it's a great deal but surely they could see having it at just 2 retailers and not only that but 2 of the most inept retailers in the country was a recipe for disaster? MS should really have partnered up with Klarna and done it direct, presumably they palmed it off to avoid the burden of the inevitable customer service nightmare.

EDIT: Oh well, maybe not. Good luck everyone!

I've given up, just going to keep my 450 box.

Blehhhh, the All Access was, I thought, a fundamental part of my argument to myself about buying the thing but I whipped myself into such a frenzy today I overode my thinking brain.

Hopefully can save some money on GP using the £1 deal thing.