Xbox Series X | S

4 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

No, he meant he wants the £450 to buy on elsewhere which, of course, they won't do.

2 minutes ago, Wallace said:

Chancer:lol:

I figured that whilst I was on to them (I'd called to see if they could sort the checkout issue) it was certainly worth an ask :)

Pretty sure they'll come back into stock and I'll get one and who knows maybe someone will indeed call me back at some point. There is of course one slight worry (that hopefully not transpire) in that I've now got a bit fat wedge of credit on my account that expires in 90 days! 

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

S will do me for now, can see myself upgrading to an x once the big hitters start hitting. 

I thought about this, but it just felt like a false saving. I'll probably lose some money selling it and what not. Plus, even if I ban myself from buying digital games (and just playing game pass) - what's the point of having a next gen console and not being able to play blockbusters on it?

I might even resubscribe to Boomerang Rentals and play some of the big third party releases that way.

Such a shame they didn't make that vent on the Series S a pop up disk drive cover like the PS1.

Just now, tnman said:

Controllers are up on Amazon now.

I wish they'd release them now. I think stock of the old ones is running out as the price is going up. I'd like a new controller, but want one with a dedicated screenshot button, like these have.

Getting twitchy about my Argos order now, no sign of it shifting from processing and MS still not allowing me to buy one. If, as said earlier they are out of stock of them, for the love of god change your buy now button to unavailable.

I've just bobbed to my local Currys/PC World which was about a 5 minute drive away. I've put down a £5 deposit on the Series X. Hopefully they'll get enough stock allocation. They seem to have their stuff together regarding Covid safety. All the staff either had a mask or visor on and I was all masked up so it all felt pretty safe. I was in and out within 5 minutes.

It’s just occurred to me that this is the first Xbox I will have bought on launch. The first two I ended up getting within a year of release, but they did everything in 2013 to convince me that the Xbox One was a complete disaster and I didn’t give it much of a thought for several years. The combination of Game Pass and putting so much care into backwards compatibility to the extent they did with the 4K enhancements for some of the 360 games on the XB1X sold me on that console in 2018.

Hopefully they don’t fuck up in reverse this time around. :lol:

57 minutes ago, therearerules said:

I’ve just preordered a series S- £250 seems ridiculously cheap for a next generation console. How much is gamepass & live?

3 years of gold will set you back about £120 (CDKeys had them for £40 yesterday) then you upgrade using an offer for £1. @Darren and some others were doing it yesterday and should be able to clairify

2 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

The only concern I have with my Amazon order is whoever Amazon choose to deliver it.... Please don't be those muppets at Yodel.... Please don't be those muppets at Yodel.... Please don't be those muppets at Yodel.......

Amazon have their own deliver/;logistics firm now so it'll probably be that.

24 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

3 years of gold will set you back about £120 (CDKeys had them for £40 yesterday) then you upgrade using an offer for £1. @Darren and some others were doing it yesterday and should be able to clairify

@Darren- would you mind doing a guide for this? Obviously, you may already have and I just can't find it, but a link would be great in that case. Thanks!

Just now, Don Rosco said:

All I need to know now is, can I get my Skate 2/3 and Halo Reach saves from my xbox 360 on to my pre-ordered XSX?

If they're in the cloud and you sign in with the same account, yes.

If they're cloud saves and uploaded they should just work I believe.

If not, connect that 360 and upload them.

Excepting of course those annoying cases where the digital and disc games are considered separate games but I don't know anything about those 3.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic