Jump to content

Xbox Series X | S


djbhammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, womblingfree said:

 

you can't even find a PS5 on the Smyths store. If you go via the Microsoft All Access referral page you get in, but only to discover they have no stock.

 

Yeah, I have an Amazon order but would rather have All Access. I have C4C running in my browser on the Smyths All Access page waiting for them to add stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pockets said:

In what must be my most first world problem ever I seem to have two Xs ordered at Microsoft and Amazon. I've got no idea which one to cancel and am reluctant to cancel either in case someone might want the other. I could cancel and free one up but there's no guarantee it won't go to a scalper.

 

I'm in the exact same position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, womblingfree said:

 

you can't even find a PS5 on the Smyths store. If you go via the Microsoft All Access referral page you get in, but only to discover they have no stock.

 

Didn't try an PS5 yet as I'm waiting on that before I dive in. I tried Smyths first too this morning after all the bad press Game get. Nevermind, i'll try again at some stage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pockets said:

In what must be my most first world problem ever I seem to have two Xs ordered at Microsoft and Amazon. I've got no idea which one to cancel and am reluctant to cancel either in case someone might want the other. I could cancel and free one up but there's no guarantee it won't go to a scalper.

See if anyone on here wants one after you get both delivered?  Can't believe there would be much of a problem shifting it.  Failing that just return it to amazon if the ms one comes through?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

 

I have a JL voucher I was going to put towards a console, I asked them yesterday if they'd be putting the console on sale at 8am as advertised. The person I spoke to didn't know and couldn't check without a stock number. I have been checking them since before 8am (I'll cancel my Amazon order and get it from them if I can) but I haven't seen anything appear. 

 

If you search "Xbox" there's a filter called "New In" which says there are 2 new items. I was certain I knew what they were when I saw it.  Those items are an Xbox One S and Marvel's Avengers!

 

Keep the faith!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've given up at Game. Ah well, maybe I can pick up All Access XSX when things have calmed down a bit. Microsoft shouldn't be outsourcing this option though and instead do it in-house (shop). There's no reason why you should need to go to Game / Smyths for this. Nevermind then...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tronied said:

I've given up at Game. Ah well, maybe I can pick up All Access XSX when things have calmed down a bit. Microsoft shouldn't be outsourcing this option though and instead do it in-house (shop). There's no reason why you should need to go to Game / Smyths for this. Nevermind then...

It's doubly outsourced as the actual credit comes from Klarna. Too many places for things to go wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Seems S's are really plentiful... which is funny as I thought those were the ones everyone was going for... Still seem to be available on Amazon.

 

 

 

 

The type of people hitting F5 at 8am are more likely to be the hardcore who want the all singing, all dancing machine. The S is aimed more at families and more casual gamers who will pick one up at some point down the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Argos preorder looks a bit dodgy to me even though they took full payment on paypal. No will be delivered on message just says sit tight (I have another order for soemthing else that still shows delivery date as chosen) plus the description of item is wrong now.

 

So I preordered an S on amazon (to go with the X already preordered!).


And now the doubt sets in maybe trust the argos order and cancel the X as I don't have a 4k tv yet anyway :D OR shop for 4k tvs

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Seems S's are really plentiful... which is funny as I thought those were the ones everyone was going for... Still seem to be available on Amazon.

 

 

 

Lines up with the thinking they're building a lot more of S than X. But it does seem odd they wouldn't have made a few extra X machines for launch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

Managed to buy one Series S and two Series X through Amazon and Very. Whilst not hassle-free, it seemed a lot smoother than for the PS5. 

 

After the Bethesda announcement I might cancel my PS5 and wait for next year. 

 

Mate.

 

You do know people on this very forum are struggling to place a preorder?  I'll admit you've got some balls to come bragging about it though. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ended up having to pay with my bank card as argos card just didnt work. Some shenanigans there from them i think. Luckily they had Oculus Quest 2 available and i cancelled my order directly with oculus and was able to put that on the argos card fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Clipper said:

Argos preorder looks a bit dodgy to me even though they took full payment on paypal. No will be delivered on message just says sit tight (I have another order for soemthing else that still shows delivery date as chosen) plus the description of item is wrong now.

 

So I preordered an S on amazon (to go with the X already preordered!).


And now the doubt sets in maybe trust the argos order and cancel the X as I don't have a 4k tv yet anyway :D OR shop for 4k tvs

 

I have the same. I went on live chat and it does say if no confirmation email received after 2 hour the order didn't go through and refund will be issued or if money is pending from bank it'll just not be taken out of bank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

Seems S's are really plentiful... which is funny as I thought those were the ones everyone was going for... Still seem to be available on Amazon.

 

 

 

 

Series X was made available first. Probably plent of people like me who went with the X as the only pre-order available at the time. I'm leaving both of my orders for now but will likely give up the X at a later date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.