Xbox Series X | S

Originally I tried buying from Argos and I got as far as checking out before it crashed.

I then preordered from Amazon.

I've just checked my bank and Argos have taken the cash, but I've had no confirmation, nor an email. It's not showing up under recent orders either.

Has anyone who ordered from Argos had a confirmation email?

1 minute ago, tnman said:

Accessories suspiciously absent so far.

The expansion cards are launching 'by the end of 2020' but they haven't even given a price for them yet. I expect they'll quietly appear. 

Anyone still looking, Amazon had the s in stock a minute ago there with 40% off 3 months of game pass ultimate. 

21 minutes ago, friedgold said:

S get from MS after all that. Continually got the 'you have too many of this product' message so opened the basket in another tab and there it was. I'm hoping they take payment now so I feel a bit more secure that it'll actually arrive on the 10th.

No they won't do that. We'll either get a message quite quickly if it's a screw up or we'll be charged a couple of days beforehand.

2 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

And there's been 14 already sold - one for £849.99!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=xbox series x&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_udlo=450&_udhi=1000

What idiots pay this much?

So they don't have to go through this stress I imagine.

On a serious note though I've no idea why, maybe closer to Christmas I could understand.

7 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

And there's been 14 already sold - one for £849.99!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=xbox series x&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_udlo=450&_udhi=1000

What idiots pay this much?

I did read about people making fake accounts and buying up things like this being offered for profit with no intent to actually buy, maybe that's what's happened there? 

EDIT: Looking at the buyer names and feedback scores suggests these are real buyers.  :o

One of those sales is "One Sold, Two Available" 

4 minutes ago, bignige said:

Originally I tried buying from Argos and I got as far as checking out before it crashed.

I then preordered from Amazon.

I've just checked my bank and Argos have taken the cash, but I've had no confirmation, nor an email. It's not showing up under recent orders either.

Has anyone who ordered from Argos had a confirmation email?

Their site crashed when I put my payment details in, so requested them again. I got confirmation of one order, but the payment's been reserved twice. 

Argos did a promo thing for the one X where they waited outside your house and delivered it at midnight. I doubt that helps though 

Just now, sofasurfer said:

What are Argos like for day 1 delivery? I've never ordered a console from them before.

So, I've got through the Game All Access queue. I thought it was going far too well and clicked on the Xbox Series X option only to get "An error occurred loading the currently available bundles". Won't show me anything else and the retry button just shows the same thing. I've got a supposed 60 minutes to checkout, so I guess I'll just hang around and hope it comes back up before the time runs out.

Managed to buy one Series S and two Series X through Amazon and Very. Whilst not hassle-free, it seemed a lot smoother than for the PS5. 

After the Bethesda announcement I might cancel my PS5 and wait for next year. 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic