Xbox Series X | S

7 minutes ago, RaoulSilva said:

Unboxing, non functional but you get an idea of the size and port layout. 

I managed 8 seconds and had to turn it off. I hope I don't sound that annoying on my Youtube videos.

7 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Smaller than the original PS2 in every dimension. Now that's a good size for a console.

It's a great size....

Shame they couldn't make it a little cube or something like a Mac Mini's dimensions ... :) Not complaining though that will sit very nicely on the shelf next to my modded Wii.... :D Retro and new console. All nice and quiet. Although I'm waiting it out anyway as I have my PC and waiting to see which I will be investing in. Hoping the 30xx series Nvidia cards shake the prices up a bit. 

I’m eager to get one and will pre-order when I can but, aside from a hopefully half decent next gen fifa there’s nothing I’m desperate to play day one so if the delivery doesn’t come until the evening it’s not that big a deal. 

4 hours ago, Chooch said:

It’s not a phone contract though. It’s paid via klarna and the total cost is debited up front from your new credit account. 

From the klarna side of things it’s just an interest free loan. You can pay it all off at any point. 

There will be no increase in monthly payments. 

That would explain you immediately getting a 24 month card then.  Excellent.

26 minutes ago, Lovelyman said:

What does it matter what shape USB port it uses?

Am I being silly?

It's just a trivial issue. But USB-A is rubbish! Keeping guessing which way round it is, never being correct.

12 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I’m eager to get one and will pre-order when I can but, aside from a hopefully half decent next gen fifa there’s nothing I’m desperate to play day one so if the delivery doesn’t come until the evening it’s not that big a deal. 

Free upgrade on FIFA too. 

That's great price from MS. But then again it kind of had to be, without Halo.

There is not a single piece of legitimate next-gen software available on the platform. That has to be a first for a console launch - even the PS2 had stuff that was much better looking than what we had on the PS1. And the DS atleast was taking the best 3D platformer in the world, and making it portable.

Other than the promise of the future.. there is not a single reason to upgrade - so it will be fascinating to see how non-hardcore current gen xbox owners react.

5 hours ago, Mike1812 said:

Can this play all Xbox One games then? I never saw myself buying an Xbox this gen but this is very tempting. 

Yeah, to be absolutely clear this will play everyone an Xbox One can, from all xbox generations, except ones that specifically require hardware (eg - Kinect).

It will play the same range of 360 and OGXbox titles as the One does, i.e - many less than the 360 does, but that may get expanded.

40 minutes ago, strider said:

I managed 8 seconds and had to turn it off. I hope I don't sound that annoying on my Youtube videos.

You don't, you sound like a retro gaming nerd.  Which is fine :)

1 minute ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

My mind now fowards to when a re-vamp of the Xbox Series S comes out ...  

within a year?

decisions...

well theyve shown no interest so far... so no point worrying. 

It looks about the size of a Wii U.

Edit: I checked and it is! The footprint is almost identical (S: 275x151mm, U: 269x162mm), and the S is about 50% thicker (63mm vs 46mm). Amazing.

48 minutes ago, Janski said:
Soooo dinky

The whole video's worth a look - the Series X is also surprisingly small.

Meanwhile, the most important bit of Austin Evans' video without listening to him:

image.png.97dc855f62a97f3acf116594ba4a9d2a.png

I'm going to sellotape a 32X to the back of that Series S to make the 2020 Tower of Power.

Nice to know that the Series S also has the same expansion port as the Series X as well, I wasn't too sure about it after all of the promotional videos I saw. Here's hoping for a good Proprietary > PCIe4 adaptor down the line.

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S
  • Talvalin locked this topic
  • Talvalin unlocked this topic