Xbox Series X | S

djbhammer

I thought it was pretty much accepted that the Xbox build quality was very good. I’ve still got my original Xbox One, plus a SAD and X in the house and they’ve all been perfect. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

Aye was definitely a 5pm Friday build I got. After Amazon and MS wouldn't entertaing a repair despite just being outside of warranty I went ahead and fixed it myself, finding screws loose, card seated incorrectly, the whole thing was shoddy. When I finally replaced it with an S the new console had a shreiking fan so took it right back to the shop and got it replaced with one which was (and still is) nice and quiet. 

For me it's a shame there is no disc drive although it was expected.  The kids use it to watch films and also I use it for games I cannot buy digitally like marble madness. Would have gladly paid more to have it.

The series X is just too big for my tv unit so I was hoping the S may do. In any case will probably stay with my one x for a  little while longer.

18 hours ago, Dukesy said:

No money down, small monthly payments for 24 months and access to a large gaming library for 2 years, now including EA Play. This is going to be a no brainer for the masses. 

Does it really matter what the PS5 price is unless they can compete on these terms? The hardcore will be in whatever, but look beyond that and the PS5 could be a hard sell in comparison. 

For whatever reason the masses will I think still go for the PS5 in the main. 

Which is a shame. 

My first X had to go back for 'repair' from Amazon and when they sent it back is was exactly the same, then they replaced it. It's pot luck. My other half's X had been fine.

Also for all the shit with the 360 and RROD it was actually my PS3 that I had the most trouble with. So many Singstar videos lost like tears in rain :(

1 minute ago, Ethers said:

For whatever reason the masses will I think still go for the PS5 in the main. 

Which is a shame. 

Not necessarily. Normally I'd make noise about which is most powerful and perceive as best but MS have just turned everything on its head. I think all bets are off.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Not necessarily. Normally I'd make noise about which is most powerful and perceive as best but MS have just turned everything on its head. I think all bets are off.

I just don’t know if how great of a deal the MS offering is, is going to land properly with the masses is my concern. 

4 minutes ago, Ethers said:

I just don’t know if how great of a deal the MS offering is, is going to land properly with the masses is my concern. 

I saw this article last night and thought it was very dismissive: 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5wSflp9jMjpdPdC3bKS633l/new-xbox-prices-revealed-the-console-wars-are-over

4 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

To be fair, the BBC are a load of bollocks, especially with this sort of stuff. 

However lots of people will read that as gospel. 

Just now, PeteJ said:

Well just assuming obviously, but it's inevitable isn't it? How long before a Digital Foundry video shows a game running well on X but not on S?

You do realise there will be optimisation?

Do you think the S is going to run exactly the same version of Halo as the X, just laggy as fuck?