Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams

3 minutes ago, ckny said:

Do I need to be pre-ordering this tomorrow morning if I want one for Christmas? What’s the likelihood of them running out?

In my experience every past console launch I've done has had only a trickle of stock between launch and Christmas. Sony have made a load of noise about how there will be stock between now and Christmas and I'll expect Microsoft to do the same, but there isn't much time after launch.

I'd say order now but that's based on nothing but experience.

I wonder if the SSD expansions will be available to order tomorrow. Not that I intend to buy one right away – I'll be sticking to an external HDD for the foreseeable – but I'm curious to see how expensive they are; my guess is £150.

3 hours ago, Fondue said:

Sorry if this has been asked / answered before.

So, I've got game pass on my PC, but am sorely tempted with the All Areas deal, which will give me GPU - if I go for that, would I then have to cancel the payment for my PC Gamepass and the All Areas one take over? I don't want to end up paying twice for the same thing! 

The GPU would take over from when you enter the code you are given. The next payment they take would be at the end of that period i.e. in 2 years time if you get the All Access version. This will be shown in the Subscriptions page of your Microsoft account

Just thinking, Xbox is a no brainer for all the Bethesda stuff inevitably coming to Gamepass, and for Cyberpunk.

But all the Bethesda stuff looks and plays great on my OneX, and the Cyberpunk patch isn’t out till next year.

What’s the point of upgrading right now?? A better looking Gears 5?

Can I just say thanks to Darren and all the folks that have replied on buying/stacking Gold and upgrading for a quid. I was debating All Access vs just buying the console out right and seeing if I could find a cheap Gamepass Ultimate Deal. 

Don't have to ponder that now. I've got three years worth of GPU thanks to the tips. I suppose I can now try Flight Sim out on PC :P

Now all I've got to do is work out if I want the Series S or Series X tomorrow....

Just had the following from Amazon...

Hello,

The Xbox Series X will be available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk tomorrow after 8:00 am BST.

The Xbox Series S, controllers and other accessories will also become available for pre-order throughout the day. Stock is limited and we expect demand to be high. 

Seems like it's only the X that's going up for pre-order at 8am and people wanting an S will need to keep checking. That's a bit nasty.

Hello,

The Xbox Series X will be available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk tomorrow after 8:00 am BST.

The Xbox Series S, controllers and other accessories will also become available for pre-order throughout the day. Stock is limited and we expect demand to be high. 

Seems like it's only the X that's going up for pre-order at 8am and people wanting an S will need to keep checking. That's a bit nasty.

13 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Just thinking, Xbox is a no brainer for all the Bethesda stuff inevitably coming to Gamepass, and for Cyberpunk.

But all the Bethesda stuff looks and plays great on my OneX, and the Cyberpunk patch isn’t out till next year.

What’s the point of upgrading right now?? A better looking Gears 5?

Until they have exclusive next gen stuff, it's kind of pointless if you own the 1X.  I think The Series X is my next MS console - but am waiting for that title that makes it a must buy, like Halo or (now) a new Bethesda RPG. Otherwise, like you say, the 1X is a pretty nifty console.

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

The GPU would take over from when you enter the code you are given. The next payment they take would be at the end of that period i.e. in 2 years time if you get the All Access version. This will be shown in the Subscriptions page of your Microsoft account

Thanks! 

6 hours ago, cowfields said:

No. I have a 1p charge on my account. The thing is even listed as a thing costing a penny. It feels like an interest scam to me but I don't practically care about 1p.

I paid the penny for PS5 but declined the pre-order as I got one at Amazon and I now have £0.01 on my Shopto account, so they are sort of refunding it.

4 hours ago, 5R7 said:

Putting it out there, but, can we get a sticky for a "how to get gamepass ultimate" thread for  the various ways to get gamepass ultimate, as it comes up alot?

I think it would be helpful to people to be able to go to one thread with it clearly shown at the top? especially now!

Yes please!

1 hour ago, bridger said:

Hello,

Oh bugger. This is gonna be fun.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

Great for those of us who still buy physical.

On another note - do we still need a seperate Series S and X thread? Seems a lot of stuff overlaps or is getting cross posted, anyway.

I don’t think we need the two. As you say,  crossover and similar chat in both. Makes sense to all be in one now. What do others think? What do you say @Len happy to contact the Mods to close this one down seeing as I am the owner and then you can update the title of your thread or vice versa. 

Let me know your thoughts. I like the idea of one thread in time for pre order shenanigans tomorrow!

Yeah, not impressed by that at all. I'll be at work all day and I was planning on getting one for my eldest for Christmas. No way will it still be available by the time I'll be able to access shopping sites (in a job I can't keep checking my phone either).

7 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Are you sure the 1p isn’t just going through as a card authorisation to check the card is valid, have they taken the money? I’ve used ShopTo for years and never had any issues (other than crappy website).

OK.

When you register your interest, they charge 1p as card authorisation. You are then put in a queue. When preorders go live you have a week to confirm your preorder.

They will then go to Microsoft and ask for 'n' consoles. They are then given an allocation. The units will then be distributed based on the queue. If you registered your interest ages ago (I did at the start of the year), then you are more likely to get one at launch.

I quite like the system because there is no need to panic trying to get a preorder. You have a week to confirm if you still want it.

Other sites are not guaranteed to be able to fufill preorders day 1 either.

I agree their site is a bit slow but I've never had a problem ordering from them and they use DPD for deliveries which is a plus in my book.

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X - pre orders 8am. Set those alarms!
38 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

I don’t think we need the two. As you say,  crossover and similar chat in both. Makes sense to all be in one now. What do others think? What do you say @Len happy to contact the Mods to close this one down seeing as I am the owner and then you can update the title of your thread or vice versa. 

Let me know your thoughts. I like the idea of one thread in time for pre order shenanigans tomorrow!

I'll happily close mine and you keep yours going seems to make better sense to me. 

• djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X / S Pre orders 8am - set those alarms!
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams