Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams on 10 November

11 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Nah, more resources would have resulted in better production values. Prettier games. It wouldn't have solved the limitations of Kinect. Good for dance and fitness games and anything adjacent, less so for anything else. More resources wouldn't have made Kinect miraculously more precise or anything. It's telling that the Double Fine Happy Theater game worked so well because it assumed it wasn't going to work well. As soon as you tried something like Steel Battalion or Fable or some fighting game, it was fun as a gimmick but inherently too wonky as a main control method for games.

Trying to find different ways the Kinect could be used (beyond dance and fitness games) was about as successful as trying to describe how having fast SSD's is going to give us totally new ways to game.

I liked it most for it's voice integration into the OS eventually.  I hope that's integrated into the controllers going forward.  Linking to Home assistants is too clunky as you have to identify WHICH xbox or Ps4 you're taking about and it's not as reliable as it was on Kinect for me.

4 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Bloody PS fan boys!

I know you're only joking, but it is ridiculous that things have become so toxic that we can't get any kind of insight or discussion without people going off the deep end.

What a sorry state of affairs. Thank god for this place - rllmuk’s worst excesses pale into insignificance compared with the poison people spew on Twitter. 

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

The guy who posted this is now saying he's had death threats to both him and his family.

For fuck's sake. 

A bunch of people in the replies to this referring to ‘ponies’... is that some sort of slang for Sony fanboys? I’ve literally never heard it before.

54 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, Urban Dictionary definition is from 2013

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sony+pony&amp=true

Although that does seem like it's written by their MS opposite number.

They're fucking pathetic whoever they are. And they usually have anime avatars which they REALLY don't like you pointing out.

Almost everyone with an anime avatar for anything, is a total and utter cunt.

I was wondering whether the Forza games may be rolled into one and just become an evolving platform with open world and track events all rolled into one. Turn 10 taking the heavy lifting with Playground helping out and giving them space to work on Fable... 

12 hours ago, APM said:

I was wondering whether the Forza games may be rolled into one and just become an evolving platform with open world and track events all rolled into one. Turn 10 taking the heavy lifting with Playground helping out and giving them space to work on Fable... 

I kinda hope not, for 2 reasons.

1 - I think they very much satisfy different audiences, as much as they've eaten into that with the awful "cards" system.

2 - The frame rate issues with FH's larger worlds, XSX theoretically should fix that but then so should XB1 have.

As far as I know development of Playground's RPG won't affect Horizon 5 as they've recruited a seperate studio worth of developers for it. Horizon 5 is rumoured to be Japan based and should be released late 2021 or early 2022.

Motorsport 8 is a complete reboot with newly modelled cars rumoured to total around 350 and reworked physics engine to allow proper dirt racing. 

1 hour ago, Boozy The Clown said:

As far as I know development of Playground's RPG won't affect Horizon 5 as they've recruited a seperate studio worth of developers for it. Horizon 5 is rumoured to be Japan based and should be released late 2021 or early 2022.

Oh goodness, just imagine both 'Mid Night Club' style racing and a load of Tōge roads (Panda Trueno optional). :wub:

Rumours going around that a new Ninja Gaiden will be announced. I doubt it's true, but this would greatly excite me, as Black is still my favourite character action game to date and there is nothing quite like it. With Team Ninja being in good shape after the two Nioh games I would certainly welcome it. Still, it's a rumour at this point so I'll believe it when I see it. Would be even crazier if Itagaki comes out of the shadow as well.

On 18/07/2020 at 23:27, Hitcher said:

Glad I've been topping up my 3 year Ultimate every time there a deal on.

Hi,

My Ultimate is due to expire in August 2021, if I buy 2 more years of Gold and add the codes to my account will that automatically convert to Ultimate or do I need to do the £1 thing again?

Cheers,

Indy

A friend of mine bought a bunch of codes the other day to extend his gold sub out to 3 years but he it got an error message saying he couldn't extend it beyond 2. That must be a recent change because my ex-wife bought 3 years of gold and did the £1 upgrade trick about 2 months ago and it worked then.

I double checked and he was definitely only trying to extend his gold membership. I haven't seen this reported anywhere else, so maybe there was just some weird issue with his account but given they have also recently stopped selling the 1 year subscriptions (via the dashboard)  it might not be. Although it probably is just something weird he's done. Actually I'm pretty sure it is given this hasn't been reported anywhere else.

35 minutes ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

Hi,

My Ultimate is due to expire in August 2021, if I buy 2 more years of Gold and add the codes to my account will that automatically convert to Ultimate or do I need to do the £1 thing again?

Cheers,

Indy

No, I'm afraid not. You're only able to do the £1 trick if you don't already have Ultimate. Sorry :(

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams on 10 November
  • gospvg unpinned this topic