Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams on 10 Nov

6 hours ago, Ry said:

Didn't Microsoft say they were having another briefing soon?

I tried googling it but only getting results for older briefings.

until their entire briefing leaked last week.

6 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

WFH on that day. Alternatively get in early so you’re at your computer by 8 and can refresh multiple tabs with different retailers in the hope you can buy one. Or take a very early lunch.

All fine ideas, but unfortunately I’ve got an important meeting that day, and my commute is the better part of 2 hours so I’d have set off at 06:00 to get there in time and even then it’s squeaky bums so probably before 06:00!

...I might do that. :lol:

I wonder what Microsoft's stock situation is? Has anything been announced? I know Sony said their stock was affected by  chip yields,  which could mean if Microsoft have aimed to produce as many that supplies will be more plentiful.

35 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I thought actually Sony denied they'd had problems.

Yeah, they wrote to GI.biz stating that the story was false, and adding that they’d not revised their manufacturing plans since they started mass production.

From what I've heard the PS5 was harder to put together at the start than they had hoped which was the actual limitation rather than any unexpected yield issues. It may be the case that MS has more available if they avoided any teething issues. Here's hoping anyway.

I was quite chill about securing a preorder but yesterday’s bun fight has left me anxious about Tuesday morning now. 

I was gonna go with Simply as they’ve been fantastic since I’ve been using them but after the shit they pulled with PS5 bundles they can GTF. 

I don’t want to but I can see me going with Amazon just out of ease. 

how will pre-order work for the all-access option I wonder - a need to complete a credit application at the same time could significantly delay the process.

or will all-access only be available once the initial 'pay up front' rush of sales is complete?

Anyone had any good (or bad) experiences with Argos for things like this? My other option is Smyths (they are opening a brand new store in the East Bristol area in the next few weeks) so might give them a go.

3 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Anyone had any good (or bad) experiences with Argos for things like this? My other option is Smyths (they are opening a brand new store in the East Bristol area in the next few weeks) so might give them a go.

Go look at the PS5 thread. I have posted a few things. 

I'm ordering from Argos as I have credit but there are worrying issues. 

I don't want a hassle to get it. I don't need it on launch day. I'd just like one before the end of the year. 

I'll either get it on Amazon on Tuesday or I won't. Couple of clicks and their website shouldn't crash. 

Microsoft made lots of noise about making sure there would be plenty of stock last time around (Neogaf said that was damage limitation for a lack of demand), but as far as I know, no such assurances have been made this time, as far as I know.

I know a few people have said that there is low likelihood of a restock before Christmas too. From my position of knowing nothing, that sounds unlikely, won't they be constantly producing and shipping them now? Is that wrong? 

I think there will be plenty of stock, but I'm more concerned they've made a shitload more S machines than X, not taking into account that most people opening their wallets for launch will want an X. 

13 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I know a few people have said that there is low likelihood of a restock before Christmas too. From my position of knowing nothing, that sounds unlikely, won't they be constantly producing and shipping them now? Is that wrong? 

Hasn't it been said that MS have stopped production of all the Xbox One models now? If so then yeah, the factories should be full on producimg the Series S/X consoles now.

19 hours ago, Ry said:

£1.20 14 day codes are my go to for GP Ultimate. They don't stack but it's worth it for the price. 

Any word on where you get them for at that price please?

I've seen some as low as 99p on CD keys but they're just trials and my understanding of those was that they can only be used once. 

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

Any word on where you get them for at that price please?

I've seen some as low as 99p on CD keys but they're just trials and my understanding of those was that they can only be used once. 

Just search on ebay buddy. 

Anyone seen this? I saw people getting ShopTo emails asking to turn interest into pre-orders in the PS5 thread so thought I'd register interest there in case other avenues fall through. I now appear to have paid some sort of 1p pre-pre-order interest registering fee. I dunno, might be worth doing if you're antsy I guess.

xbox.thumb.png.9cce7212db0f9c680b7d2d3f7a8d5e4b.png

17 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Anyone seen this? I saw people getting ShopTo emails asking to turn interest into pre-orders in the PS5 thread so thought I'd register interest there in case other avenues fall through. I now appear to have paid some sort of 1p pre-pre-order interest registering fee. I dunno, might be worth doing if you're antsy I guess.

xbox.thumb.png.9cce7212db0f9c680b7d2d3f7a8d5e4b.png

Yeah, what happens here is ShopTo will then email you next week giving you a small date period for you to confirm if you want to keep or cancel your pre order.  If you decide to keep , they will then email again at such point they know their day 1 allocation of units and then inform you whether you have been successful.  So it's no guarantee unfortunately of getting it day 1.  I saw a screengrab from someone on Twitter that showed the keep/cancel info.

I'm defo going bricks and mortar with GAME (I know, not ideal), nice early walk next Tue. Not ideal if there is a lockdown (no idea what happens then) but I just know I will not have luck online at 8am Tue so would rather get it with the possibility of a slight delay than not at all. Plus it's only a £10 deposit so it's not as if they are sitting on a £450 upfront payment if there are issues with store collection due to a lockdown.  I'll just have to accept the risk of that possibly happening.

2 hours ago, AK Bell said:

I think there will be plenty of stock, but I'm more concerned they've made a shitload more S machines than X, not taking into account that most people opening their wallets for launch will want an X. 

I doubt that. Maybe amongst the launch crowd but most of the people who’ve had their interest piqued seem to have been swayed by the One S pricing.

Does anyone know the situation about getting the All Access subscription through Game, whether it’s something that will need to be done online or can be done in-store? Also whether it’s something you need to state as your pre-order or whether it’s something you do at checkout/when you pay. 

2 hours ago, AK Bell said:

I don't want a hassle to get it. I don't need it on launch day. I'd just like one before the end of the year. 

I'll either get it on Amazon on Tuesday or I won't. Couple of clicks and their website shouldn't crash. 

Amazon definitely struggled with PS5 - the PS5 page wouldn’t open on mobile (app or webpage). People seemed to have more luck on desktop, but all the stock sold out in minutes. 

AO were the last retailer to run out of stock. 

22 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Yeah, what happens here is ShopTo will then email you next week giving you a small date period for you to confirm if you want to keep or cancel your pre order.  If you decide to keep , they will then email again at such point they know their day 1 allocation of units and then inform you whether you have been successful.  So it's no guarantee unfortunately of getting it day 1.  I saw a screengrab from someone on Twitter that showed the keep/cancel info.

I'm defo going bricks and mortar with GAME (I know, not ideal), nice early walk next Tue. Not ideal if there is a lockdown (no idea what happens then) but I just know I will not have luck online at 8am Tue so would rather get it with the possibility of a slight delay than not at all. Plus it's only a £10 deposit so it's not as if they are sitting on a £450 upfront payment if there are issues with store collection due to a lockdown.  I'll just have to accept the risk of that possibly happening.

Yeah, I assumed it would be something like that. Thought it was worth doing now as a potential back up rather than later, though I may already be too late. 

27 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Does anyone know the situation about getting the All Access subscription through Game, whether it’s something that will need to be done online or can be done in-store? Also whether it’s something you need to state as your pre-order or whether it’s something you do at checkout/when you pay. 

From the email game sent out it can be done online or I store I believe 

1 hour ago, CarloOos said:

I’m getting the impression that at the payment screen it’ll just be another payment option. 

Just to correct myself, I just redeemed a $100 credit thing from rewards and it came through almost straight away. Obviously, it's been quite some time since I did that, much faster than it used to be! 

Now back to using Bing for Game Pass. 

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams on 10 Nov