Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams on 10 Nov

1 hour ago, fattakin said:

Anyone ever used curry’s for console releases? Can get 7% discount on ecards via work so comes in £419. I do want to pickup first thing and book day off work and pray to god my kids are in school so I get a good session! 

I bought my Dreamcast on release from there. They were utterly confused as to why I was buying one and had to go out back to get it.  Inspiring.

My first playstation, december 30th 1995, was from Comet. We got the £50 extended warranty, and took advantage of it, when they laser mount warped.

Comet went out of business.

3 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Why would you buy gold for PC ?

I know the answer and all of this twisting and turning to try and save a few quid in the long term by spending large in the short term unnecessarily is getting really fucking boring to read through day after day. 

Rllmuk, tighter than a midgie's arsehole as my gran used to say.

We need a pinned topic in here about how the game pass stacking conversion thing works. Every XBox thread covers it every few days.

1 hour ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

I’m gonna assume you are talking about games. ;) There wont actually be any launch games though will there? 

im thinking my own weight in snacks. Launch games no massive big deal, I gameshare with my mate who’s getting Valhalla (I’ll get cyberpunk) and I also have Control in the queue. Looks like all my close circle going for the X so we’ll all be around to play some multi stuff too. Patched or not patched it’s just for the craic day off work and games till the kids come home. 

2 hours ago, fattakin said:

Anyone ever used curry’s for console releases? Can get 7% discount on ecards via work so comes in £419. I do want to pickup first thing and book day off work and pray to god my kids are in school so I get a good session! 

Aye mate, my N64. Had saved up for years for it. It was a beautiful foggy March morning :wub:

On 14/09/2020 at 12:18, Pob said:

Yes

Yes 

No - just the ones that have been made compatible with the XB1 https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

Second one here is good news for me as I've just clocked that Fuser is out the same week.

Looking forward to spending a bunch on money on a new machine and then mostly playing a game on it I could have played on my current gear ^_^

I realised I had never actually read through the BC list before, there are some properly brilliant titles in there! 

I'm thinking I may treat myself and buy up a few oldy but goodies on digital to enjoy on a shiny new S. It will basically just become a modern 360 + GamePass :) 

Keep an eye on the weekly sales as they get reduced quite regularly.

This weeks -

• Call of Duty 2 25% £11.24 BC
  • Call of Duty 3 25% £11.24 BC
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 35% £16.24 BC
  • Call of Duty: World at War 25% £14.99 BC
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II 60% £15.99 BC
  • Darksiders II 75% £3.74 BC
  • Geometry Wars³: Dimensions 50% £5.99 BC
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 25% £14.99 BC
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 25% £18.74 BC
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 35% £16.24 BC
2 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I realised I had never actually read through the BC list before, there are some properly brilliant titles in there! 

I'm thinking I may treat myself and buy up a few oldy but goodies on digital to enjoy on a shiny new S. It will basically just become a modern 360 + GamePass :) 

:lol: I'm doing the same. Already grabbed the KOTOR collection.

Wow. Rumoured $200 memory expansions. I suppose it makes a sort of sense if you're in the know about what you're buying but if you're 'the man in the street' you might wonder why a memory card costs so much.

Mind you, if you're 'the man in the street' you've excused a lot over the past few years and deserve everything you get.

12 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yep. I assume the UK is in a similar trajectory as over here - Covid cases rising and rising and no sign of slowing down. Come November we're going to be right in flu season too. Even if you're healthy and young, you still run the risk of the shops not being open by then.

I'm torn between Simply Games, Microsoft and Amazon. Would like to give Simply the business but who knows where we'll be in November?

14 hours ago, SeanR said:

My first playstation, december 30th 1995, was from Comet. We got the £50 extended warranty, and took advantage of it, when they laser mount warped.

Comet went out of business.

I (read - my parents) bought my Saturn from Comet - £400, with a bunch of games and accessories packed in, one of which was a ropey third party pad with a dpad so easily knackered I got it replaced about 4 times on the extended warranty.

They actually told me I was taking the piss by bringing it back so much and, as history will attest, they were probably right. 

23 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

John Lewis will likely do a 2 year warranty and click and collect if you want it, which might be a good option for people worried about not getting theirs delivered on launch day.

Genuine concern: do we think John Lewis is going to be around in 2 years?

2 hours ago, Pockets said:

Wow. Rumoured $200 memory expansions. I suppose it makes a sort of sense if you're in the know about what you're buying but if you're 'the man in the street' you might wonder why a memory card costs so much.

Mind you, if you're 'the man in the street' you've excused a lot over the past few years and deserve everything you get.

I swear this cunt has made a living pulling the exact same 'concerned face' on every single one of his youtube videos that the algorithm pushes on me on a daily basis. 

2 hours ago, Pockets said:

I wonder how long transferring a game from a USB drive to the Series' storage will take. The cost of inconvenience vs financial cost. I'll be hanging on to my WD drive that's currently attached to my One X for older games anyway, but I wonder if it'll be practical to shuttle things around too.

I think this might make the case for the X being a better value proposition than it might initially seem.  £450 for 1tb of storage and 4k vs £450ish for 1.5tb and 1080p (though storage goes further on the S). If you're on the fence about performance and being able to buy physical, this might be another consideration

I assume that Microsoft think that install sizes aren't going to be so large the 512GB will get eaten up immediately. It's all fairly academic until we see how big the install sizes are really. 

23 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

In some form. I think Waitrose are doing alright. 

Waitrose are in trouble and have announced more closures this week, worse than that they are selling some stores to Tesco. John Lewis as a group are in danger of not being around in 2 years, they have all the pre folding things happening - store closures, selling of stores to competitors or housing developments, getting rid of their unique differentiator, not paying bonuses for first time ever.... the list goes on :( 

• Mr Tony changed the title to Xbox Series S - £249 - 10 November. Get ready for 8am Tue.
  • djbhammer changed the title to Xbox Series X | S - Power Your Dreams on 10 Nov