Super Mario Bros Nintendo Game & Watch - 13th November

2 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Hate to say it, but this looks to me a bit like the recent miniature Sega Game Gears, more a novelty item to put on display in your retro cabinet rather than actually play... :unsure: 

(Perhaps I’m missing the point, mind.)

Nope been playing for an hour or so this afternoon. It's great..... Makes a great clock too! Guessing many will end up on display stands though and kept in their boxes in cupboards Not mine. Love the original Ball game too.... Fantastic stuff.

Hate to say it, but this looks to me a bit like the recent miniature Sega Game Gears, more a novelty item to put on display in your retro cabinet rather than actually play... :unsure: 

It’s complete novelty tat and I love it. The clock is pretty cool but it’d be better if you could set an alarm on the thing. 

I think that’s waay off base. It’s totally playable screen size and control wise. Sure, it is a novelty device but it’s still fit for purpose as a playable console.

25 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

It’s complete novelty tat and I love it. The clock is pretty cool but it’d be better if you could set an alarm on the thing. 

Indeed. My old Game & Watch has an alarm. Funny how 40 year old tech can out-function new tech....   :D 

9 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Its lovely. Makes me want to own more :lol:

You don’t want to fall down that rabbit hole. Trust me. While it is indeed lovely to own a selection of vintage Game & Watches, your wallet will be screaming if you like them boxed and still in decent nick. I’ve resigned myself to probably never completing my modest collection. 

5 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

You don’t want to fall down that rabbit hole. Trust me. While it is indeed lovely to own a selection of vintage Game & Watches, your wallet will be screaming if you like them boxed and still in decent nick. I’ve resigned myself to probably never completing my modest collection. 

I've already made offers on eBay for two things I shouldn't... It's begun!

Its been speculated by various sources that Nintendo might make more of these with the same basic design for other games & their Anniversaries.  For instance, it's Zelda's 35th next year.

If they do that I can't see myself getting them though. Having Zelda 1 & 2 in one of these devices along with a Zelda version of Manhole or something isn't as appealing.

6 minutes ago, Jarik said:

If they do that I can't see myself getting them though. Having Zelda 1 & 2 in one of these devices along with a Zelda version of Manhole or something isn't as appealing.

You say that, but come next year when they release that lovely cream and leaf green Zelda G&W with a beautifully designed box..

3 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

You say that, but come next year when they release that lovely cream and leaf green Zelda G&W with a beautifully designed box..

If they do it as a double screen flipper one that would be even better.

10 hours ago, Jarik said:

Its been speculated by various sources that Nintendo might make more of these with the same basic design for other games & their Anniversaries.  For instance, it's Zelda's 35th next year.

A new game in G&W form would be nice. Here's my original. There's more to it than Manhole, but not necessarily in a good way.

When it comes to the dual screen games most people think of Donkey Kong and Zelda but the more obscure ones are more fun... see Oil Panic and Green House in particular. 

Screenshot_20201115_192714.jpg

5 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

Its a cute little device. Not mad about the D Pad though, doesn't feel quite right.

I quite like the d-pad. Feels fine to me but I got some cramp from the overall form factor of the system after playing for a while. Perhaps Game & Watch doesn't have the best ergonomics... or maybe I'm just old.

12 hours ago, MattyP said:

How is everyone doing on Ball? Love the simplicity and elegance of this little game. 

Got a score  of 136 on game A.... :D

Let's have the scores then.... :)

Yet to draw a Mario yet though....

2810 on Game B. Warning: When you hit 2800 a shit tonne of balls light up and it's really confusing.

Well, damn it. After mine didn't show up again today I checked with Nintendo and somehow my delivery address has been completely mangled, which is why it's stuck in a sorting office somewhere.

I got in touch with Nintendo, but apparently all they can do is wait for Royal Mail to return it to them, in which case they'll issue me with a refund. Oh, and apparently if Royal Mail do deliver it to somewhere else, it's up to me to get in touch with whoever they deliver it to to arrange them to send it to me.

Somehow I don't think I'll be ordering anything else from Nintendo's website.

16 minutes ago, Zio said:

Well, damn it. After mine didn't show up again today I checked with Nintendo and somehow my delivery address has been completely mangled, which is why it's stuck in a sorting office somewhere.

I got in touch with Nintendo, but apparently all they can do is wait for Royal Mail to return it to them, in which case they'll issue me with a refund. Oh, and apparently if Royal Mail do deliver it to somewhere else, it's up to me to get in touch with whoever they deliver it to to arrange them to send it to me.

Somehow I don't think I'll be ordering anything else from Nintendo's website.

@LazyAce is selling one in the trading foldr :)

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

On it Getting into the "zone" with this... :D Spending more time on this than my Series X... mmmmmm :D 

Haha I'm in he same boat really loving it. Jesus when you get passed like 200 points the game starts going crazy I thought it had broke ow my eyes 

On 15/11/2020 at 11:21, Jarik said:

Yes, nice try mate, very convincing. I’m sure we will all make sensible decisions.