Ubisoft Forward on the 10th of September

26 minutes ago, tnman said:

That new game they announced is a shameful rip-off of Breath of the Wild.

21 minutes ago, Pob said:

I was just about to post that. It's not even like it's blatantly inspired by, or simply aping the style. Literally everything they showed was copied from BOTW - the powers, the shrines, the enemies, the gliding, the status bar, the fire propagation. The magnesis power and magical weapons even glowed precisely the same colours!

It's probably more of a rip off than Great Giana Sisters was of Super Mario Bros.

I thought exactly the same thing. It was absolutely shameless! :lol:

20 minutes ago, Pob said:

I was just about to post that. It's not even like it's blatantly inspired by, or simply aping the style. Literally everything they showed was copied from BOTW - the powers, the shrines, the enemies, the gliding, the status bar, the fire propagation. The magnesis power and magical weapons even glowed precisely the same colours!

It's probably more of a rip off than Great Giana Sisters was of Super Mario Bros.

At least we'll be closer to knowing if running on a system powerful enough to get a stable frame rate would make BOTW into a good game. 

3 minutes ago, bear said:

At least we'll be closer to knowing if running on a system powerful enough to get a stable frame rate would make BOTW into a good game. 

As opposed to one of the greatest games of all time that it currently is?

So Ubisoft are releasing Valhalla, Watch Dogs, gods and monsters (or whatever it’s called) in three consecutive months? Sounds like a recipe to cannabilise your own sales even more than EA with battlefield and titanfall 2.

40 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Apparently they did eventually, but it was absolutely a 'courtesy' and not because they needed his input or consent.

he seems ok about it, given that it doesn’t require him to be positive in the slightest.

57 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

That Scott Pilgrim announcement, though. The 10th anniversary of a game you've not actually been able to buy for 6 years, relisted :lol:

I bought it and can't even play it. 

1 hour ago, tnman said:

That new game they announced is a shameful rip-off of Breath of the Wild.

That’s what everyone said when they announced it at E3 last year.

38 minutes ago, deKay said:

How come?

I think they removed all traces of it from the store, so that even if you’d bought it you couldn’t download it again.

Luckily I never deleted it from my PS3. 

edit: I’m wrong. Nothing to see here, move along!

edit 2: Further investigation seems to point to a time where you couldn’t re-download it. However apparently you can now?! I’m confused and need a lie down...

3 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

I think they removed all traces of it from the store, so that even if you’d bought it you couldn’t download it again.

I still have it on my 360. I didn't think they'd stopped you redownloading it though! Even Outrun can still be downloaded again.

9 minutes ago, StoooTube said:

4 minutes ago, deKay said:

I still have it on my 360. I didn't think they'd stopped you redownloading it though! Even Outrun can still be downloaded again.

I never bought the full game, but after it was delisted I was still able to re-download the trial demo to my Xbox 360 via my download history on the console. Same with other delisted titles like After Burner Climax, The Simpsons Arcade, and Legend of Korra.

A quick google search suggests I’m wrong about Scott Pilgrim (edit: or perhaps not?) I’m maybe confusing it with something else. I know most delisted games can still be acquired if you bought them originally.

Anyways, I’d like a PC port to stick on my arcade cab, but... well it’s Ubisoft.

Nothing in that show really interested me. Watch_Dogs Legion I will pick up pre-owned off the Trading forums for the curioisity of London. Scott Pilgrim re-release is ok I guess. Breath of the Wild copy/paste - meh! & Steep minus the snow.

40 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

Immortals seems to be getting good hands on write ups.  Seem more than a weak BotW rip off.  Odyssey was really quite enjoyable and it's the same team doing it.

Influencers and journalists who get early access always praise any triple A shite they’re asked to. It’s the equivalent of the amazing early impressions DC movies always get before they release and turn out to be shit aimed at idiots. 

I played the Scott Pilgrim game a couple of years ago on my 360.

It's bad. I'm mystified by all the articles everywhere talking about how well respected it is. Admittedly it starts off great but it takes a huge nosedive in quality after the second level and never recovers. Nice graphics though, although even those are sloppy on the last few levels. We've had Streets Of Rage 4 and a bunch of decent River City Ransom sequels and spin offs in recent years too to really show it up.

It's all academic though because fuck Ubisoft.

15 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Apparently they did eventually, but it was absolutely a 'courtesy' and not because they needed his input or consent.

Not feeling the need for consent seems to be a running trend with Ubisoft, innit.

I liked the Scott Pilgrim game, but I'm not touching Ubi releases with a bargepole.

1 hour ago, the_debaser said:

Maybe. Looks like the screen is full of markers and icons and shit though. 

Haven't seen the footage but if debaser is right and it's full of markers and icons, then the game as a rip-off totally misses the most basic concept of BotW. Like, literally the core idea of discovery that the entire game is built on. Literally in the literal sense.