NVIDIA GeForce 30-series reveal - PS5/SeriesX-slaying graphics

13 minutes ago, Faded said:

Same. I almost wish she’d reign me in a bit more sometimes. 

Yeah, this.

Although that said, every time I read a post on here from someone whose partner won't let them put a console in the living room 'in case people come over' I'm reminded how lucky I am. 

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Who wouldn't want these in the living room?

1115837719_images(3).jpeg.3ebf1d1e23a57700a251b06b9487d6db.jpeg

6b13b6cb5303a3f71d80f9f4c99b574e.thumb.jpg.944fd0f8ac7168d16fd8edc3ff770d1f.jpg

My girlfriend would properly love that second one, she’d absolutely have it in the living room. I’m still pondering buying a replacement side panel for my PC to get rid of the glass panel just because there’s a bit of RGB on the board and it’s annoying at night...

15 minutes ago, amorenod said:

Agreed, it's hideous

And the first person who post one of those again, has to buy me one. Then I'll send it back to the 70s where it came from. :quote:

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

can confirm this reaction :lol:

That was proper laugh out loud brilliant. I'd forgotten how great the Hitler Bunker meme was so it's good to see it back..

'shadows medium'.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

I don't think anybody should feel they have to justify how they spend their hard earned cash just because someone else doesn't see the value in these cards. Value is literally defined as the importance of something and the price you're willing to pay for it. If you see £699 as good value then it is indeed good value. Screw what anyone else thinks. 

Listen to  little lord Rees-Mogg here!

CLASS WAR!

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1
2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Listen to  little lord Rees-Mogg here!

CLASS WAR!

It's not about class. It's not about income. It's about doing what you want with your own money and spending it on what makes you happy once in a while, instead of being guilt tripped by a scrote on a forum. 

5 minutes ago, Mike S said:

That was proper laugh out loud brilliant. I'd forgotten how great the Hitler Bunker meme was so it's good to see it back..

'shadows medium'.

I have to turn the sound off, otherwise it makes no sense to me. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

It's not about class. It's not about income. It's about doing what you want with your own money and spending it on what makes you happy once in a while, instead of being guilt tripped by a scrote on a forum. 

I was not being serious.

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

Yeah I know, I was just trying to make it clear that's not what I was trying to say in my post :)

Your post was clear!

I was sideways mocking that fella from a few days ago who very oddly brought class into buying a GPU.

• Upvote 1

Ignoring the class war for a moment (which I will be up for tomorrow, joining whichever side looks to be winning), how do people feel about Ultrawide monitors? I think they look super fantastic and all that, but I'm painfully aware that when I'm playing games, I'm pretty focused on what's directly ahead of me, and I'm not sure whether I'll be taking in details of the "wider" scene.

Anyone got any experience?

Good question and one I'd like to know the answer to myself. Like, I've never held much truck with curved screens as it seems a gimmick, but having ultra wide seems like a good idea. But do they just stretch the image? How does it work for FPS, for example? 

5 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

Ignoring the class war for a moment (which I will be up for tomorrow, joining whichever side looks to be winning), how do people feel about Ultrawide monitors? I think they look super fantastic and all that, but I'm painfully aware that when I'm playing games, I'm pretty focused on what's directly ahead of me, and I'm not sure whether I'll be taking in details of the "wider" scene.

Anyone got any experience?

They look fantastic until they tear. G-sync or high end freesync is a must. 

Sounds like sacrilege but I'd love to know if anyone uses a 50 in + 4K TV on their desk rather than a monitor. seems like it would be pretty immersive, but you do have that issue with your eyes going square from sitting so close to the TV. Well, that's what my mother said anyway.

They're amazing, haven't looked back since got my first 5 or 6 years ago. 

Currently have the Samsung 49" monster (LC49RG90SSNXZA) and love the extra real estate. Can't recommend it enough, particularly for gaming. 

Like @pulsemyneI couldn't go back. Got my eye on its successor the Odyssey G9 but looks like production issues currently so will wait till new year. 

Edited by Len