NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

4 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I've not had any notification of a cancellation, or a 20% off voucher next time. And that 20% off voucher would be great right now because my dog has chewed holes in one of my last decent pairs of pants.

Don't you see brother? We are in a special level of hell - one where we don't get dispatch but we don't get the release of cancellation and a generous 20% voucher either? Nay brother - we get something damning, something crushing of the souls - they give us ...

HOPE

It's the hope that kills you.

Just now, Uzi said:

Don't you see brother? We are in a special level of hell - one where we don't get dispatch but we don't get the release of cancellation and a generous 20% voucher either? Nay brother - we get something damning, something crushing of the souls - they give us ...

HOPE

It's the hope that kills you.

It's probably that they've all been cancelled, but Customer Services who knock off at 6pm (good on 'em) got through maybe a third of them and decided to finish off the rest in the morning.

I didn't even want one anyway. I'm only going along with this ironically to take the piss out of you fucking nerds.

Just now, Lying Cat said:

It's probably that they've all been cancelled, but Customer Services who knock off at 6pm (good on 'em) got through maybe a third of them and decided to finish off the rest in the morning.

I didn't even want one anyway. I'm only going along with this ironically to take the piss out of you fucking nerds.

Lying

Proper F for @JoeK as well - he was sitting there musing about what might happen if he ended up getting two!

Honestly, I do wonder how we got to the Moon when knowing how many things you have to sell, and then selling them seems beyond us technologically decades on.

It kept defaulting to Faroe Islands or something and telling me invalid shipping address. I changed it to UK at least 5 times, then each time it said invalid payment code, but the info was correct so I just hit OK again and it came back invalid shipping address with the country set back to Faroe Islands again. Until it was OOS.

1 minute ago, Moz said:

They were available for 30 seconds apparently, so that's better than the zero seconds before. Shame their checkout process is fucked.

I think people were a lot more prepared today as well compared to last week at 5:30am. You are fighting against a lot more people at this time of the day and I imagine a lot more people have distil.io setup now. I also recall having some issues with the checkout process, really didn't like my postcode much, think I had to include a space or it didn't accept it.

I was in there before the alerts starting kicking off, the only reason I didn't get one is their form was mangled. All my details were correct (I still have the screen up, they're still correct, it's populated from 1password) I just couldn't complete the order. Eh whatever.

1 hour ago, Weavus said:

In brighter news I just met @Mike S's to hand him his FE. We had to abandon any attempts at courier delivery due to threats made to his postman/delivery driver by certain individuals on this thread. You've got a chance to intercept him on the train home though so not all is not lost yet. Happy hunting!

What train is he on? I've got certain powers - i'll terminate the thing short! I'll call it a driver defect, just like Nvidia did!

That's two credit cards that the Nvidia store fails to verify. This is the third drop I've been right at my PC for. All details saved and obviously verified by me, and also the payment details page.

I get to the checkout and it's impossible to verify... I have no way of paying.

I have no idea what to do now other than wait for them to accept Paypal again. FFS...

People are still getting Very texts apparently (post 6pm CS cutoff). I'm really past caring now. I just don't know how it's this fucking hard to give someone a small fortune. Just do whatever Apple do, you fucking idiots.