NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

6 minutes ago, Len said:

This is just going to scare the bejesus out of me at some point whilst I have my headphones on isn't it?

"Man tragically dies of heart attack before completing purchase of desirable Nvidia nerd-toy".

Or worse, you go into a Venom Snake 9 year coma, and when you wake up you're informed by the doctor that 3080's still aren't easily available.

Guys - everytime this thread is bumped my fucking heart skips a beat

Today my wife text me really sweet and i swiped it aside immediately because a twitter bot went off about one overpriced 3080 in on Amazon Germany

Why are you even worrying when you can give some guy your money while he decides whether he wants to keep the pre-order he's got open (but has no ETA on receiving).

You just need to enjoy the insanity at this point really. I mean, we were all so excited, then disappointed, then frustrated and we've got people in the thread selling cards at RRP and we've got people on eBay selling literal fictions. What an amazing time to be trying to buy computer parts as our souls slowly die inside us, because we're trying to put a brave face on it and pretend we're not fussed really.

All while we try and get Pob to tell us where MikeS lives so we can camp outside of his door and murder his postman and/or courier for that sweet, sweet silicon - the only thing that can bring meaning into our empty, hollow lives.

2 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I've given up on my search for a 3080 now. The desire has gone.

One request though: I'd quite like to play Watch Dogs Legion, so if any of you three 3080 owners don't have an interest in the game, I'd rather send some moolah your way than put it directly into the grubby palms of Ubisoft.

I think it requires 3080 hardware in your machine to activate. Unless of course you can spoof that shit. I can't, I'm dumb.

I'm very interested to see how good the new Ryzen chips will be, that's for sure. 

Looking forward to seeing how their new GPUs are too.

But if Nvidia do get stock that isn't snapped up by Skynet, then I'll be jumping in.

22 hours ago, Weavus said:

So funny story... That second one I had in my basket... 

IMG_0765.thumb.jpeg.2231e084ab26497f28add187ac58f63a.jpeg

Do you want my spare one for RRP + whatever it costs to send it via courier? PM me if you do...

Wait. Did you only pay for one?

That happened to me before.

10 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Wait. Did you only pay for one?

That happened to me before.

No paid for both as two separate orders that went through no questions asked by NVIDIA. Selling the second on to Mike S for cost.

52 minutes ago, Weavus said:

No paid for both as two separate orders that went through no questions asked by NVIDIA. Selling the second on to Mike S for cost.

Since you have 200% more diligence and luck than anyone else on the thread can you order two more please ;) ? Or can you have me as your emergency dial on all of your contact details so you can please tell me when the green gods bless us with more silicon? Your title should change to Official Ampere Saviour

3 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I've given up on my search for a 3080 now. The desire has gone.

I know what you mean but I'm still quite awfully enjoying tracking the whispers of them and all the chat/fury in various places. 

Saying that of course, who am I kidding, of course I still want one and will be getting one. Just have to  wait it out, they'll turn up at some point.

Look, @Weavusis getting a load more in for everyone already. :)

You guys are in a different position to me so I can understand how it's more disappointing. Even if I had managed to get a card it would have been sitting around for a while until I could build the rest of it. Despite this, the disappointment was palpable when I couldn't get one. 

In other news, my case arrived today. It's sat on my desk. Empty. Mocking. Beautiful. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

Was she called Leanne?

Weirdly, that's my current girlfriend.

1 minute ago, Doctor Shark said:

Or Leigh? Or...umm...O11 Dynamic?

Leigh Dynamic, yeah. You're going to find out in a few months that it's not really into you, and just really likes other cases. Man, that was an incredibly tough introduction to the dating world.