Jump to content

NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Uzi said:

I'm holding out for a FE i think as it is the only way to get RRP right now. Got a PS5 confirmed day 1 so I've got my new tech guaranteed for nov 19th so cyberpunk can wait.

 

Wouldn't mind a strix OC as a premium option assuming it came into stock but have no idea when that's happening 

 

This is my plan (minus the PS5). I might still decide a 3070 is good enough for me, but on the other hand that'll surely be the same kind of fiasco so probably not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Weavus said:

So funny story... That second one I had in my basket... 

 

IMG_0765.thumb.jpeg.2231e084ab26497f28add187ac58f63a.jpeg

 


Do you want my spare one for RRP + whatever it costs to send it via courier? PM me if you do...


If he doesn’t I’d take it off your hands!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Weavus said:

So funny story... That second one I had in my basket... 

 

IMG_0765.thumb.jpeg.2231e084ab26497f28add187ac58f63a.jpeg

 


Do you want my spare one for RRP + whatever it costs to send it via courier? PM me if you do...

 

Here you go @Lying Cat, this guy is lording it over all of us on his throne of 3080 FEs!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Weavus said:

So funny story... That second one I had in my basket... 

 

IMG_0765.thumb.jpeg.2231e084ab26497f28add187ac58f63a.jpeg

 


Do you want my spare one for RRP + whatever it costs to send it via courier? PM me if you do...

YES!

 

DM'd. This is amazingly generous of you and has made my week!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is a lovely yet outrageous turn of events to wake up to. Nicely done @Weavus and @Mike S

 

Are all us other paupers on the nvidia discord with the stock discussion/availability threads/rooms/whatever they are called? Had people getting cards via NewEgg business last night. Orders went through for some as well.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lying Cat said:

I dunno. I sort of feel like we need to do some sort of forum award for @Weavus. He could have made £400 no problems, but helped out the community, which is great.

 

Obviously I'm incredibly bitter, but looking past that for a moment.

 

Don't worry when you get your second AMD R9 390 - I'm first in line

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lying Cat said:

I dunno. I sort of feel like we need to do some sort of forum award for @Weavus. He could have made £400 no problems, but helped out the community, which is great.

 

Obviously I'm incredibly bitter, but looking past that for a moment.

 

Yep.

 

His kindness has brought a genuine lump to my throat.

 

Like all of us, I was resigned to not getting one of these any time soon, probably not even this year so for one to arrive out of the blue thanks to @Weavusgenerosity feels quite unreal. That it is for what was my first choice FE card is the icing on a beautiful cake, and that was even before we found out that the third party cards were all bursting into flames thanks to their cost cutting measures of using bacofoil instead of silicon. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Len said:

Oops, mistaken quote/edit attempt. I blame the new forum skin.

 

That quote button needs moving pronto.

 

I have had to hide more posts in the days since the upgrade than I had ever hidden before (zero) after mistakenly hitting quote instead of edit

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike S said:

 

That quote button needs moving pronto.

 

I have had to hide more posts in the days since the upgrade than I had ever hidden before (zero) after mistakenly hitting quote instead of edit

 

I can get that fast tracked for you, but unfooooooortunately I don't have the GPU power to do it. So if you could send me your 3080 FE it'll make the whole process much smoother.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lying Cat said:

 

I can get that fast tracked for you, but unfooooooortunately I don't have the GPU power to do it. So if you could send me your 3080 FE it'll make the whole process much smoother.

 

Sorry, already made the ebay listing.

 

*joke!!! **

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Uzi said:

https://envybits.com/nvidia_availability/index

 

No idea how helpful it will be but I have it set up along with 52 other notification emails or techniques which all inevitably stay silent or a send a notification after the landscape has long been ravaged 

 

This is just going to scare the bejesus out of me at some point whilst I have my headphones on isn't it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.