NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

Does the nVidia site actually restock the things at any particular time? I find it most upsetting that I never seem to get any joy :P

6am was the earliest I’m willing to try...and that’s if I remember before popping off to work!

21 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Does the nVidia site actually restock the things at any particular time? I find it most upsetting that I never seem to get any joy :P

6am was the earliest I’m willing to try...and that’s if I remember before popping off to work!

The only time they restocked so far was about 5:30am. Just setup a Distill.io chrome extension alarm though, manually checking is madness. 

My 3080 FE I bought last Thursday still has not shipped yet though, think its coming from Germany too so its a few days away still even when it does ship.

1 hour ago, Moz said:

Ah, I see my strategy of hauling smaller retailers names through the mud with my army of sockpuppet accounts in order to maximise my chances of buying tech items in short supply is coming to fruition.

1 minute ago, Lying Cat said:

Ah, I see my strategy of hauling smaller retailers names through the mud with my army of sockpuppet accounts in order to maximise my chances of buying tech items in short supply is coming to fruition.

I look forward you reviewing the AMD R9 390 you receive

2 hours ago, Weavus said:

The only time they restocked so far was about 5:30am. Just setup a Distill.io chrome extension alarm though, manually checking is madness. 

They was mention on their forums that Nvidia are blocking ip's from multiple distill.io pings as it were. But who knows how true that is and tbh they never show up in stock anyway. Just need to wait it out a few weeks I think.

1 hour ago, Uzi said:

I look forward you reviewing the AMD R9 390 you receive

I'm assured that it'll be shipping soon!

5 minutes ago, Len said:

They was mention on their forums that Nvidia are blocking ip's from multiple distill.io pings as it were. But who knows how true that is and tbh they never show up in stock anyway. Just need to wait it out a few weeks I think.

Waiting is blatantly the best strategy now. Waiting and bitterness. Bitterness about forumites like @Isaac who's intense self-satisfaction at owning one of these mythical pieces of kit is made even worse by his avatar. Who's a good boy? NOT YOU ISAAC.

4 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

Waiting is blatantly the best strategy now. Waiting and bitterness. Bitterness about forumites like @Isaac who's intense self-satisfaction at owning one of these mythical pieces of kit is made even worse by his avatar. Who's a good boy? NOT YOU ISAAC.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

4 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I hate your game especially because it'll be running with better frame rates.

In other news, my P500a has shipped from Germany, which is pretty cool. Now the excitement and inevitable disappointment over the new Ryzen processors begins when yo can't get hold of them and Isaac is posting pictures of him emptying a dozen or so of them into a bowl, pouring milk all over them and eating them for breakfast.

2 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I hate your game especially because it'll be running with better frame rates.

In other news, my P500a has shipped from Germany, which is pretty cool. Now the excitement and inevitable disappointment over the new Ryzen processors begins when yo can't get hold of them and Isaac is posting pictures of him emptying a dozen or so of them into a bowl, pouring milk all over them and eating them for breakfast.

I am actually planning on getting one of those, you're right. But I can't see them having anywhere near the supply issues these 3080s had. You don't get everyone en masse upgrading CPUs in the same way you do GPUs... I don't think.

I might get 20 and eat them, that is a cracking idea.

In other, less exciting news also. My replacement Samsung G9 turned up yesterday in much better condition than the previous one and a late July model by the looks of it so fingers crossed will be ok.

Now to gather the energy to set it all up.

Well, for the moment I'm preoccupied as I've bought up ComputerUniverse.net's entire supply of Radeon R9 390's and when they arrive I'm going to write an extra zero between the 3 and the 9 and make bank on eBay.

Just now, Len said:

In other, less exciting news also. My replacement Samsung G9 turned up yesterday in much better condition than the previous one and a late July model by the looks of it so fingers crossed will be ok.

Now to gather the energy to set it all up.

Please post impressions when you do get it done. I'm still in Monitor limbo.

39 minutes ago, Len said:

Link if poss? :) If your PC is doing distill IO then using your phone with data to order it should be safe- double that if you have a VPN service so I'm not too worried - the alternative is manually F5ing when Nvidia can drop them at 5am on a random weekend

12 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Link if poss? :) 

Here you go, no idea the veracity of or who the poster is though.

"Example #1: nVidia has recently implemented a softban feature against IP addresses that are refreshing the store page far too often. My own home IP was repeatedly banned by nVidia for using a basic website update tracker (Distill.io) from my browser, as it was refreshing the RTX 3080 page every five seconds looking for new inventory (Example #2 gets into this reasoning further)."

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/400336/misc-30xx-updates/

7 minutes ago, Len said:

"Example #1: nVidia has recently implemented a softban feature against IP addresses that are refreshing the store page far too often. My own home IP was repeatedly banned by nVidia for using a basic website update tracker (Distill.io) from my browser, as it was refreshing the RTX 3080 page every five seconds looking for new inventory (Example #2 gets into this reasoning further)."

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/400336/misc-30xx-updates/

Ta :) 

Mine is refreshing every 30 seconds so should be good - will be ordering on phone if possible to avoid that faff

48 minutes ago, Len said:

tbh, distinguishing between "a genuine customer" hammering your page every 5 seconds and "a bot" hammering your page every 5 seconds from ten VMs isn't particularly trivial.

I'm holding out for a FE i think as it is the only way to get RRP right now. Got a PS5 confirmed day 1 so I've got my new tech guaranteed for nov 19th so cyberpunk can wait.

Wouldn't mind a strix OC as a premium option assuming it came into stock but have no idea when that's happening 

23 minutes ago, Uzi said:

I'm holding out for a FE i think as it is the only way to get RRP right now. Got a PS5 confirmed day 1 so I've got my new tech guaranteed for nov 19th so cyberpunk can wait.

Wouldn't mind a strix OC as a premium option assuming it came into stock but have no idea when that's happening 

That's kind of why I'm sticking with my TUF order at OC - got it at RRP.