NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

37 minutes ago, Moz said:

Imagine how insane the 3070 is going to be if these sites don’t put some basic queuing measures in place. 

We'll find out soon because none of them will put any basic queuing measure in place.

Maybe there'll be more 3070's? the 90's are going to be funny because judging by how the 80 went they'll be shipping one to each country.

Judging by the whinging on the OC forum yeah, the 3090 launch is going to be a repeat as the entitled masses descend

I’m just waiting - assume I’ll get one Christmas/early new year and until then I have a billion games to catch up on that run fine

2 minutes ago, Pockets said:

The real nightmare will be when we have to do this every time there’s a bread delivery at the supermarket after January. 

And the added nightmare when you realise that your toaster isn't the right size for the newest bread type.

381026_zzzzzSIZZE.png.949433488a2daccf279c9d7465e7bec0.png

3 hours ago, layten said:

I'm hoping the insane price will make getting a 3090 a bit easier...:unsure:

Oh, who am I kidding, shit'll sell out immediately.

Yep, gonna be exact rerun I reckon. Give it a whirl though then just keep eyes peeled for one on run up to Cyberpunk (hopefully) and beyond if not. Stock will turn up eventually. 

I’m now getting emails from ebuyer saying “forgotten something? We noticed you left items in your basket”. With an empty basket and a 404’d product image. 

9 hours ago, Uzi said:

I just think of an overweight annoying fairy

@Mike S amazon update if you click speak to customer services about order

zotac.thumb.JPG.4ef9954dfecb87b4859042d97be0a270.JPG

Translation: Important information about ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity Due to a technical error, the delivery date 19 September 2020 is or was displayed in your order for the graphics card. Unfortunately, due to delivery bottlenecks, it is not possible to deliver the item by this date. We will email you updated shipping information as soon as we have it

Bad news: not coming tuesday or prob anytime soon

Good news: if they know this but didn't cancel - hopefully means they keep the order open and we get the cards eventually

Bah!

But expected I guess.

The TUF card I ordered was never in stock according to Asus, the first batches arrive from the factory next week. So who knows, maybe I’ll get one. They’re now offering a refund via google forms. That’s right, google forms. 

6 minutes ago, Moz said:

The TUF card I ordered was never in stock according to Asus, the first batches arrive from the factory next week. So who knows, maybe I’ll get one. They’re now offering a refund via google forms. That’s right, google forms. 

Where did you order it from? I've seen plenty of people receiving TUF cards...

From Zotac on Twitter about the Amazon.de orders 

Almost 20,000 pre-orders have been received and, with the best of intentions, we cannot serve them in a short time, as much as we wanted. So again: We are infinitely sorry, but we don't know what went wrong here either.

We are currently working flat out on a solution and more cards are already on the way. However, since we currently do not know how AMAZON will handle this, who will receive a card and when, or whether they will cancel, waiting times of a good month are possible.

4 minutes ago, Weavus said:

From Zotac on Twitter about the Amazon.de orders 

This to me is good news - it means zotac is willing to supply the orders even if it takes weeks so in amazons court now. A 660 quid 3080 in October or at least before cyberpunk is fine with me,

4 minutes ago, Uzi said:

This to me is good news - it means zotac is willing to supply the orders even if it takes weeks so in amazons court now. A 660 quid 3080 in October or at least before cyberpunk is fine with me,

Yeah, I am cool with a month's wait.

Decent of Zotac to step up and offer some information too.

11 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Yes, very good response from Zotac, impressed they think can potentially fill 20,000 orders in a month! As you say, we are at the mercy of Amazon here, still expecting an email any minute to just cancel and wash their hands of the hassle though :( 

20,000 orders in 6 hours though... they were selling 1 per second!

1 minute ago, Weavus said:

As you say, we are at the mercy of Amazon here, still expecting an email any minute to just cancel and wash their hands of the hassle though

Let's hope that is not the case.

I'm sure there will be plenty who cancel this pre-order in frustration, or who might find a card elsewhere in the next month, so it would certainly be a modest short term gamble for Amazon to order in the full quote of pre-ordered cards.

image.png.ec12fdd1dd385bf84cb74662b63d896a.png

^ this is a leaked internal screenshot of the Overclockers 3080 queue and estimated fulfillment dates.

I'm not convinced I'll have one by the time cyberpunk launches now.

image.thumb.png.ab6826ec0eab7ec33d80397dcdafa990.png

And these are the estimated restock dates on Scan. People who've spoken to Scan and Ebuyer have said they've both quoted the same dates for the same cards, so these appear to be UK-wide, or at least the dates from the suppliers that are providing cards for Scan and Ebuyer.

What a shitshow.

I ordered the card arriving Nov 30th <_<

wonder how many are genuine customers, how many bots, how many scalpers looking for additional cards to resell, and how many are people putting in orders at three different sites and crossing their fingers?

That's a big YIKES from me. Looks like I'll be sticking with the 2080ti until Nvidia are forced to release a 20GB 3080Super by AMD not being shit from once (we can hope lol).

A great card for content creation I guess.

26 minutes ago, layten said:

That's a big YIKES from me. Looks like I'll be sticking with the 2080ti until Nvidia are forced to release a 20GB 3080Super by AMD not being shit from one (we can hope lol).

A great card for content creation I guess.

Hmm. Maybe it’s a wicked ruse to stop people buying the thing in their droves, so I can sweep in, pick one up and then see reviews saying it’s the best thing ever.

And in the real world, I may well pick up a PS5 or a Series X to tide me over instead!

• Meat changed the title to NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion