NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion

First of all you have that dude in the ill fitting jacket in his kitchen saying there won’t be any preorders, and launch date is the 17th. 

Then places like Scan and Overclockers take your money whilst knowingly having no stock. 

It kinda feels like I’ve preordered. 

I've just had a generic email from Overclockers to say that I didn't get one of the cards from the initial batch, and that I'm now in the pre-order queue.  And that was for an order that went through at 14:03.

I just had this response from Scan:

We are processing all orders as quickly as we can, however this is taking a little time. We will be sending further emails to all pre-order customers to advise the expected lead dates in due course, please keep an eye on your inbox.

So we should at least have an estimated date soon.

7 minutes ago, davejm said:

I've just had a generic email from Overclockers to say that I didn't get one of the cards from the initial batch, and that I'm now in the pre-order queue.  And that was for an order that went through at 14:03.

Too slow old man. Try again when you can push more frames during the Refresh.

I feel like I'm betting on the futures market... £650 for the promise of a RTX 3080 return at a potential date. I'll prob just leave it there tbh - a load of people will cancel and try and pounce on products as they become available. I want the Asus card so I guess I'll just wait it out. The 970 I have plays Hades at 2160p anyway, so <alan partridge shrugging gif>

14 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I just had this response from Scan:

So we should at least have an estimated date soon.

They are giving that response on their live chat even if you ask about something else and then disconnecting you.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

That link doesn't work for me.  It's shitty.  But Overclockers have always taken money for pre-orders on products where the release of stock is unknown.  And all the cards were listed as pre-order when they went up (despite a forum post indicating there was some stock of some items).

The forum post saying "very limited stock" - not a huge surprise.

It's easy enough to cancel given they've set up an non-phone-approach, so not a great problem waiting a fortnight or so to see what happens.

Our system sets a pre-order date based on a delivery arriving, unfortunately it does not take into account quantity ordered, or quantity sold.

We have now made the decision to kill the ETA system, MSI cards did arrive today as per the website, but the amount was way smaller than the amount ordered, MSI are aware that we have pre-sold several thousand of their cards, so they know to get making the cards to meet the orders

Ha...

22 minutes ago, Isaac said:

On scan at one point it said there were 1,850 people buying the Asus TUF card. 

I have an order in but genuinely don't expect to get it until November.

I saw it get as high at 2650 people on the page for the Asus TUF.  And that was just one card being viewed...

1 hour ago, spanx said:

I feel like I'm betting on the futures market... £650 for the promise of a RTX 3080 return at a potential date. I'll prob just leave it there tbh - a load of people will cancel and try and pounce on products as they become available. I want the Asus card so I guess I'll just wait it out. The 970 I have plays Hades at 2160p anyway, so <alan partridge shrugging gif>

If you sell it again for $$$ it will be exactly like a futures market.

Box now let you request a stock alert on a card now. Prices are about £70 more than they were yesterday!

I think I'm gonna just wait however long it takes the dust to settle. There was a rumour of a 20GB 3080 card in the works as well!

6 minutes ago, milko said:

Box now let you request a stock alert on a card now. Prices are about £70 more than they were yesterday!

I think I'm gonna just wait however long it takes the dust to settle. There was a rumour of a 20GB 3080 card in the works as well!

Wise move think I'm going to do the same! Just had a f**k it moment and for some reason the site was busy and the transaction failed to go through!

Decided it was a sign to wait! So I am... Painful as it will be... Just ordered myself a new keyboard and mouse instead :D Hardly something to quench the lust for new tech TBH but getting fed up with all the keyboards on my desk as I'm working from home.. so got one of those Logi flow devices so I can control upto three devices from one keyboard! (so home PC, work PC and phone). Going to make my life much easier.

Just have to "put up with" my old 980Ti for a little while longer... first world problems eh... :D 

37 minutes ago, Isaac said:

On scan at one point it said there were 1,850 people buying the Asus TUF card. 

I have an order in but genuinely don't expect to get it until November.

That’ll be the Ti surely. 

1 minute ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I just can't take seriously a card marketing itself 'big navi'

I just think of an overweight annoying fairy

@Mike S amazon update if you click speak to customer services about order

zotac.thumb.JPG.4ef9954dfecb87b4859042d97be0a270.JPG

Translation: Important information about ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity Due to a technical error, the delivery date 19 September 2020 is or was displayed in your order for the graphics card. Unfortunately, due to delivery bottlenecks, it is not possible to deliver the item by this date. We will email you updated shipping information as soon as we have it

Bad news: not coming tuesday or prob anytime soon

Good news: if they know this but didn't cancel - hopefully means they keep the order open and we get the cards eventually

43 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Friend of mine said he managed to get an Asus tuf, although he hasn’t had a dispatch notice yet. 

Same. I don’t think we’re getting them any time soon. 

33 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Good news: if they know this but didn't cancel - hopefully means they keep the order open and we get the cards eventually

I really think they will cancel these once they really discover how many thousands of orders they got. It was orderable from USA/CA and all over Reddit so it must be a mind boggling number. Still, might as well hang on to some hope as there is nothing to lose, but don't get your hopes up :(

3 minutes ago, Weavus said:

I really think they will cancel these once they really discover how many thousands of orders they got. It was orderable from USA/CA and all over Reddit so it must be a mind boggling number. Still, might as well hang on to some hope as there is nothing to lose, but don't get your hopes up :(

True - zotac I think from reading around are pumping out more cards than anyone else as far as I can tell and amazon had no issues cancelling my other 2 preorders without bothering to write a message indicating a delay - just boom cancelled. Holding a grain of hope for this one.

11 minutes ago, Moz said:

I can’t believe OC is down again. What two bit operation are they running down there. Just scale out and use cloudflare and a queuing system for Pete’s sake. 

3080 was the end game - they're cashing out and vanishing off the internet

• Meat changed the title to NVIDIA GeForce 30-series: come for the lack of order updates and stock, stay for the fan discussion